blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £300 on the bubble
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 on the bubble  (Read 5885 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »

So com that if he has QQ and AK held got there there's no debate and nothing said about this hand at all,results orientated FTW lets gogogogogogogo

FYP

Yeah that as well
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »

lol people don't 5bet light live ever, doing anything other than 4bet shoving here would be bad imo

and don't be surprised if the guy folds JJ face up or something, its hand for hand live pokers after all

edit: just noticed dan morgan posted in this thread confirming the details of the AT hand, so i assume he was the villian? if so i wasn't suggesting he would 3b fold JJ face up here just meant general live donko's obv. i have no idea who villian was or even the results of the hand as played.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:11:03 AM by NigDawG » Logged

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »

I also shove.

(only 70 posts to go!!)

im sure i and several others would buy stakes right now mate, just so we can say we back james keys obv

Christopher Brammer
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 09:22:46 AM »

lol people don't 5bet light live ever, doing anything other than 4bet shoving here would be bad imo

and don't be surprised if the guy folds JJ face up or something, its hand for hand live pokers after all

edit: just noticed dan morgan posted in this thread confirming the details of the AT hand, so i assume he was the villian? if so i wasn't suggesting he would 3b fold JJ face up here just meant general live donko's obv. i have no idea who villian was or even the results of the hand as played.

Doesn't this make shoving a bit of a spew then? Do you think oppo calls with worse than he shoves with or is his shove range exactly the same as his call range?

If people don't 5 bet light ever can we justify a 4 bet to 180k and fold to a shove?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 09:47:43 AM »

Doesn't this make shoving a bit of a spew then? Do you think oppo calls with worse than he shoves with or is his shove range exactly the same as his call range?

If people don't 5 bet light ever can we justify a 4 bet to 180k and fold to a shove?

mm figured someone would say something like this lol

but you know it's all about fold equity right?

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »

i mean obv vs SOME very few people you can just fold to the 3bet btw

lol i'll never forget the first cash game i played in vegas last year, was only 1-3 with $300 stacks but i 4bet all in on a guy almost as soon as i'd sat down with AK, sure enough he had aces. 20 minutes later he does exactly the same things he did before only this time i have kings and shove but ya he has aces again. this dude should run better i know but there is some justice to the story since he played AK and QQ like a calling station so i stacked him both times with AJs and 53s to get my money back from before lol

Christopher Brammer
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »

I also shove.

(only 70 posts to go!!)

im sure i and several others would buy stakes right now mate, just so we can say we back james keys obv

he doesnt even need staking, he's minted!

n.b just likes to swap 400% of himself so he can rub money on titties Smiley

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

4bet/folding is generally gunna be pretty bad ~45BBs deep (even less with antes in there). I'm not even a fan of 3bet/folding much with that stack size.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:57:35 PM by DMorgan » Logged

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »

I also shove.

(only 70 posts to go!!)

some of us do back james keys. worked out well for me so far...

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »

I also shove.

(only 70 posts to go!!)

some of us do back james keys. worked out well for me so far...

This
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »

Feel i have to just have a little say now as u lot really passionate about all of this stuff! Claire played great creating an agressive stlye on our table wt dan problay second in the agressive stakes so its a no brainer that the whole hand played out as it should off ! Claire enjoyed sitting next to you an you played great! Big chara over an out.................
P.s Thanks for support !
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »

Feel i have to just have a little say now as u lot really passionate about all of this stuff! Claire played great creating an agressive stlye on our table wt dan problay second in the agressive stakes so its a no brainer that the whole hand played out as it should off ! Claire enjoyed sitting next to you an you played great! Big chara over an out.................
P.s Thanks for support !

But you lost heads up to a girl, why should we listen to you? Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »

Claire enjoyed sitting next to you an you played great!

likewise - vwd on the result!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »

P.s Thanks for support !

But you lost heads up to a girl, why should we listen to you? Wink
Yes true who ever you are ! looks like life abuse but why would i want to come 1st when 2nd best is obviously where i belong!!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »

I also shove.

(only 70 posts to go!!)

Not the reason I'm bumping this thread - but this post made me smile Cheesy

I was chatting to Claire about the £300 and the fact that from next month there are Golden Chips in play.  We were discussing what sort of situation we would try to 'ladder' too the final table to lock in the £5K bonus, and how having a Golden Chip would affect your play and the play of others who are aware that you've got one.

If you're short-stacked on the final-table bubble, would you treat it similar to the bubble of a satellite, or would that make you too vulnerable to others who'd be able to pillage your stack too easily?  If you've satted in to the £300 for €45 and £5K would be a nice bink for you, should that affect how you play the bubble?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: