blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD Days 1a, 1b
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD Days 1a, 1b  (Read 139569 times)
Q8Holds

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

Rudders/Khazi update please Wink
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 13, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »

Tighty what are the values of the chips please?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Mick McCloskey 40,000

Also in the hunt Richard Rudling Smith 33,000, David Maudlin 40,000, Dan Owston 30,000

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2010, 08:18:17 PM »

this blonde player has doubled up to 35,000

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »

Have never seen the place this packed. The side event is sold out with 50 alternates, 20 tables in the main event, cash tables, a £10-20 £2000 sit down VIP room game just starting (with a waiting list!)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

Mitch news as requested

He has 40,000 as you can see below

My exchange with him as to progress was perhaps illustrative of his style

"So, Mitch, going well then?"

"Just lost 15,000 with Ace high no pair no draw into a full house"

After a pause the player to his right clarifies

"to be fair, you got your chips trying to donk them off too"

blue 5000
yellow 1000
red 500
black 100
green 25

My eyes are open wide
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »

great updating tighty

possibly a pic and updates of Miles Mckenzie/Gaz Walker/Mark Trett?

Thanks
Adrian

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »

Hi - a few thoughts on day 1a. I recently won a free day at a TIPS seminar with Paul Zimbler - and Liv Boeree as the guest pro. She emphasised the importance of entering satellites to get into big comps - so on Monday night I joined DTD and won a £560 entry into this event for £34. I’d never been to DTD or a tourney like this before - and with three minutes to go the excitement built as all the names and seat allocations came up on the screens - and as usual my name wasn’t there! Managers were summoned to sort out some Aussie guy waving a copy of an email saying he did in fact have a seat, and after missing a few hands I finally made it to a table.

Before all this, I had arrived very early and stumbled across a lone piece of paper on one of the empty tables stating that Nick Weathall was giving a one hour tutorial in the VIP room before the show started. I scampered off to find a starving crowd of about 20 who actually knew about this, and listened to Nick and Team PokerStars Ireland Pro Jude Ainsworth give a great seminar - and got some PokerStars goodies too. But, to quote www.ukipt.com, “unfortunately Jude went bust during level 4 when his nut flush was beaten by Daniel Sidebotham’s straight flash in one of the notable hands of the day”. Since Dumbledore had banned the use of the Petronus Curse (with so many muggles about in the card room), it’s almost impossible to beat a straight flash - unless your name is Hermonie.

I got off to a terrible start - hit full in the face with the deck - Aces three times, Kings twice, Queens, my A.J of hearts flopped three more hearts for a nut flush, my 7.8 suited made a straight and a flush, etc, etc. No one would play against me, I limped with Aces and checked to the end - and still only picked up 75 chips for the blinds! With the blinds 25-50 and a one hour clock I only managed to get an extra three to four thousand chips. Then nothing for the rest of the day, and endless stream of junk all the way to the end. But there was one proper poker player at my table - he had his hoodie pulled up over his face the whole time, cool sunglasses, iPod, serious jewlery - the lot.

And it was his turn at the end - he not only got huge cards, but he hit everything, knocking people out left, right and centre. When two new medium stacks arrived at the table in the last hour, they ended up going all-in against each other with monsters, but our hero called the two large all-ins with.....6.4 of course. Obviously the flop was 6.6.4 and two more bit the dust. So make a note ye mortals, if you ever see two solid players (with above average chips at the end of the day) go all-in -  and you look down to see 6.4, get in there my son.

Actually it was a bit boring ‘till Caroline "Mouth" Cove (as she was described earlier in this blog) turned up to play with us. Boy did that liven things up - luckily she did not perform the aforesaid ‘straight flash’ at the table.

The tournament structure is interesting, one hour blinds, eight levels and every two hours there is a 15 min break. So you start at Noon and finish at 8.45 pm. Quite civilized. A free meal voucher is provided and you have to fit your (very indifferent in my case) meal into the above structure. Coffee is £1.75 a cup - what a bloody stupid price - poor waitresses fiddling about with change at the tables while trying to balance a tray of other orders. I like to give them at least a small tip and so gave £2.50 each time - with a resulting cost of £10 for four smallish cups of equally indifferent coffee. Just don’t tell the mob at G Luton you can get the punters to pay for coffee.

So that’s it - all in all I didn’t get anywhere, but had a great day out for my 34 quid - thoroughly recommended.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »

great updating tighty

possibly a pic and updates of Miles Mckenzie/Gaz Walker/Mark Trett?

Thanks

McKenzie 35,000

Trett was below 20,000 half an hour ago, table now broken and I have lost the will to search for him lol.

Walker, just won a masssive pot against Mark Attridge (I think). As best as the astonished table, me arriving thirty seconds too late to catch the action, could tell me Attridge 5-bet all in pre with A-8, but Walker wasn't at it with K-K. this held and here he is stacking chips after his victory. 70,000 now

My eyes are open wide
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:59 PM »

Any news on Jon Eames?

He's been running ridiculously good,as usual, apparently has even claimed the scalp of Mark goodwin?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 13, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »

Any news on Jon Eames?

He's been running ridiculously good,as usual, apparently has even claimed the scalp of Mark goodwin?

Eames 50,000 and currently near the end, one assumes, of a six hour head massage

My eyes are open wide
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »

Hi - a few thoughts on day 1a. I recently won a free day at a TIPS seminar with Paul Zimbler - and Liv Boeree as the guest pro. She emphasised the importance of entering satellites to get into big comps - so on Monday night I joined DTD and won a £560 entry into this event for £34. I’d never been to DTD or a tourney like this before - and with three minutes to go the excitement built as all the names and seat allocations came up on the screens - and as usual my name wasn’t there! Managers were summoned to sort out some Aussie guy waving a copy of an email saying he did in fact have a seat, and after missing a few hands I finally made it to a table.

Before all this, I had arrived very early and stumbled across a lone piece of paper on one of the empty tables stating that Nick Weathall was giving a one hour tutorial in the VIP room before the show started. I scampered off to find a starving crowd of about 20 who actually knew about this, and listened to Nick and Team PokerStars Ireland Pro Jude Ainsworth give a great seminar - and got some PokerStars goodies too. But, to quote www.ukipt.com, “unfortunately Jude went bust during level 4 when his nut flush was beaten by Daniel Sidebotham’s straight flash in one of the notable hands of the day”. Since Dumbledore had banned the use of the Petronus Curse (with so many muggles about in the card room), it’s almost impossible to beat a straight flash - unless your name is Hermonie.

I got off to a terrible start - hit full in the face with the deck - Aces three times, Kings twice, Queens, my A.J of hearts flopped three more hearts for a nut flush, my 7.8 suited made a straight and a flush, etc, etc. No one would play against me, I limped with Aces and checked to the end - and still only picked up 75 chips for the blinds! With the blinds 25-50 and a one hour clock I only managed to get an extra three to four thousand chips. Then nothing for the rest of the day, and endless stream of junk all the way to the end. But there was one proper poker player at my table - he had his hoodie pulled up over his face the whole time, cool sunglasses, iPod, serious jewlery - the lot.

And it was his turn at the end - he not only got huge cards, but he hit everything, knocking people out left, right and centre. When two new medium stacks arrived at the table in the last hour, they ended up going all-in against each other with monsters, but our hero called the two large all-ins with.....6.4 of course. Obviously the flop was 6.6.4 and two more bit the dust. So make a note ye mortals, if you ever see two solid players (with above average chips at the end of the day) go all-in -  and you look down to see 6.4, get in there my son.

Actually it was a bit boring ‘till Caroline "Mouth" Cove (as she was described earlier in this blog) turned up to play with us. Boy did that liven things up - luckily she did not perform the aforesaid ‘straight flash’ at the table.

The tournament structure is interesting, one hour blinds, eight levels and every two hours there is a 15 min break. So you start at Noon and finish at 8.45 pm. Quite civilized. A free meal voucher is provided and you have to fit your (very indifferent in my case) meal into the above structure. Coffee is £1.75 a cup - what a bloody stupid price - poor waitresses fiddling about with change at the tables while trying to balance a tray of other orders. I like to give them at least a small tip and so gave £2.50 each time - with a resulting cost of £10 for four smallish cups of equally indifferent coffee. Just don’t tell the mob at G Luton you can get the punters to pay for coffee.

So that’s it - all in all I didn’t get anywhere, but had a great day out for my 34 quid - thoroughly recommended.

tip 25p ldo ( and 5 coffees for the price of 4)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 13, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »

Chip leader-y Ben Jenkins

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator