blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD: Day 3 and Final
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD: Day 3 and Final  (Read 56512 times)
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »

right, i am usually not the type to care too much about unskilled strategy input but because i want to help u improve ur game so MAYBE u make it past day one the next time here some bullet points:

1. i noticed a little controversy about my call with  . I think someone picked it up in a reply already but everyone with a little ICM skill and some understanding of short-handed poker will understand that I am not raise folding against the short-stack. That said, the argument that I could just open shove my button with 20BB into the huge Bigstack with the shorty being an absolute nit is not just irrelevant but also plain stupid. The general idea is to built a stack that allows me some room to move heads up and not going into heads up play being outchipped 6:1 and basically being put into any two spots straight away. Worst case scenario for me is if the big stack knocks the shorty out and i am playing push fold in heads up against a complete headsup nit fish whose fav line is limp call his button and check folding boards he cant connect on.

2. I quite enjoyed the little excursion into Day one and how i luckboxed my way through 650 players. Apparently i kept getting lucky in hands that i never had to show down, and since 60:40 going to the flop, in this threat, obv means ur CRUSHED  I guess you all have a point that i happened to be able to get cheap showdowns with marginal but winning hands against weak players incapable of two barrelling a wet board with a scare card. My advice for these people is "grow a pair and start looking me up with more than the second nuts" and you might actually advance past level 8. It is quite an assumption to make that I am getting lucky every time I am involved in a pot with the same people (who have been extensively posting their two cents here). Not knowing my holdings and drawing conclusions about my hand-strength is a losing player characteristic and there is no room for this in an analytic discussion. Acknowledging that you got outplayed, outleveled and 100% owned would show u realise how u have to work on ur game

3. All that being said, I am just guna go log into my account now, check my balance start rubbing fiddies on my tiddies and think back of how I hero called my way through day 1.

humility?

Lol - he's the most unassuming, 'get it quietly' guy I know.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »

Welcome to blonde OJ.

Quick Question.

If you had AK off suited on the final table bubble at 5k10k with 500k and rised it to 27k and the other big stack (450k) re-rised to 80k. Would you make a fold? Or would you make a shove? or even make a flat call?

TIA

Hi, two things come to mind. Is the guy a TAG? if yes I would probably prefer 4bet/fold as a line. You will hardly ever have enough equity against his 5 bet shoving range here. Both of you are way to deep to take big flips (that might not even be one) at this stage. I noticed a tendency recently towards very small 4 bets as they seem to have the same effect. So maybe raise to about 150k and fold if you get shoved on.

If the guy is more of a LAG i think it would definitely depend on whether you have position post flop. I think OOP I would 4bet a decent amount here to get some fold equity against his marginal 3 betting range. Still fold to a shove though.

If you are IP post flop then I like flatting a lot. For one you underrep your hand strenght which might give you some value on later streets and you wouldn't want to built too big a pot if you think you can take it away post flop anyway. Factor in how often you think he is going to c-bet any board texture though. If you think he c-bets his entire range you should be prepared to float and not check fold a flop you dont connect on. I doubt he would 2 barrel a bluff here against your stack so he might just shut down on the turn. This would mean you will have to bet the turn quite substantially. Depends if your comfortable doing that.

I would never open fold to a 3bet here though. and i mean NEVER lol. ur hand is still way to strong to give up to any 3bet.

I think you can fully neglect the final table bubble argument here. This is really more a spot where you should consider stack sizes rather than trying to put yourself into a good position for the FT. 50 BB at this stage allows for a lot of play and picking up blinds and antes is way more important than big pre flop all-in races.

just a few thoughts Smiley

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »

OJ

Quick question - did you kill her?

Lol who?

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »

Hi Ollie, welcome to blonde and well done on your result

Please take a look around the forum. I hope you like what you find, including a great community spirit and an absence of antagonism. Bearing that in mind for your future posts would be helpful!

Hi,

thanks for the welcome. I do apologise if my post has sent the wrong message. I was aiming for a little smile on the readers face and that the whole discussion could be brushed off. Smiley

MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »

Please take a look around the forum. I hope you like what you find, including a great community spirit and an absence of antagonism. Bearing that in mind for your future posts would be helpful!

Hi,

thanks for the welcome. I do apologise if my post has sent the wrong message. I was aiming for a little smile on the readers face and that the whole discussion could be brushed off. Smiley

gtfo
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »

Hi,

gtfo

3 pound rebuy player...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »

Hi,

no problem. Clearly your time in Aberdeen has not been without some cost to your mental faculties.  Wink

In the circumstances I can only sympathise.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »

Hi,

gtfo

3 pound rebuy player...

Lol

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Eubos
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »

right, i am usually not the type to care too much about unskilled strategy input but because i want to help u improve ur game so MAYBE u make it past day one the next time here some bullet points:

1. i noticed a little controversy about my call with  . I think someone picked it up in a reply already but everyone with a little ICM skill and some understanding of short-handed poker will understand that I am not raise folding against the short-stack. That said, the argument that I could just open shove my button with 20BB into the huge Bigstack with the shorty being an absolute nit is not just irrelevant but also plain stupid. The general idea is to built a stack that allows me some room to move heads up and not going into heads up play being outchipped 6:1 and basically being put into any two spots straight away. Worst case scenario for me is if the big stack knocks the shorty out and i am playing push fold in heads up against a complete headsup nit fish whose fav line is limp call his button and check folding boards he cant connect on.

2. I quite enjoyed the little excursion into Day one and how i luckboxed my way through 650 players. Apparently i kept getting lucky in hands that i never had to show down, and since 60:40 going to the flop, in this threat, obv means ur CRUSHED  I guess you all have a point that i happened to be able to get cheap showdowns with marginal but winning hands against weak players incapable of two barrelling a wet board with a scare card. My advice for these people is "grow a pair and start looking me up with more than the second nuts" and you might actually advance past level 8. It is quite an assumption to make that I am getting lucky every time I am involved in a pot with the same people (who have been extensively posting their two cents here). Not knowing my holdings and drawing conclusions about my hand-strength is a losing player characteristic and there is no room for this in an analytic discussion. Acknowledging that you got outplayed, outleveled and 100% owned would show u realise how u have to work on ur game

3. All that being said, I am just guna go log into my account now, check my balance start rubbing fiddies on my tiddies and think back of how I hero called my way through day 1.

I'll be honest, for the past week or so I've been quite impressed that a resident of Aberdeen (as I am) did so well in placing well in a fairly large tournament on the national stage.
I recognise your face from playing in games you have been at, when playing at G. All I really want to say is, the good will I felt towards you went right out the window with your post. In my eyes class is the beholder and you my friend provided none of that with your post, and made me squirm with embarrisment at the nature of your reply. In being recognised on this forum, you will never have the backing or support of every hand that is played out on such a public stage... imo it's the way you then handle these issues, if you're going to come on here and reply. I'm afraid to say, imo as a starting point, you failed miserably and did nothing more than making yourself look a complete dick (for want of a better word)

0/10 for class I'm afraid, as I don't really believe you were joking with regards to your pop about checking the balance... to me it seemed a spoilt little outburst.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »

I would appreciate if we could keep this a gameorientated platform that deals with poker rather than with my obv challenged mental state. Wink

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »

OJ

Quick question - did you kill her?

Lol who?

Sorry I thought you were OJ Simpson.

However, as he's obviously much more popular than you, I realise my mistake.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2010, 07:46:30 PM »

Lol

Give the guy a chance to redeem himself!

His first post might not have been the classiest, but then if a bunch of people I didnt know talked about how bad I am I might want to have a dig back!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »

Well played OJ.

Interesting website/staking site..... good luck!

My only piece of advise would be to work on a few more testimonials  Wink
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »

Well played OJ.

Interesting website/staking site..... good luck!

My only piece of advise would be to work on a few more testimonials  Wink

lol, maybe add one from his mum and a bloke he met at a bus stop. quality website.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »

[ ] Good post
[ ] Bling Blang Blaow

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: