blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Android apps
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Android apps  (Read 51895 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: September 28, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »

Skygo won't run on a rooted phone, and won't run on the One X at all - so it's a bit crap for me!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 29, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »

New list of sale apps this morning.  Not sure if any of them are decent...look pretty meh to me, but I'm clueless. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 29, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

13 days til I get my which will be my first ever android phone. Can't wait. Back in the day I was a Nokia fanboy then became an apple drone, missus has new iPhone and it's shit. Mate showed me the and I went weak at the knees. The water ripples, the face recog, the size, the weight and all the specs. Looking forward to finally putting this thread to use.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 29, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »

13 days til I get my which will be my first ever android phone. Can't wait. Back in the day I was a Nokia fanboy then became an apple drone, missus has new iPhone and it's shit. Mate showed me the and I went weak at the knees. The water ripples, the face recog, the size, the weight and all the specs. Looking forward to finally putting this thread to use.

iNterested (see what I did there?) in why you think the new iPhone is shit, my missus has one and I think its great.

Ah! The element of surprise
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »

iNterested (see what I did there?) in why you think the new iPhone is shit, my missus has one and I think its great.

Because its the new iPhone. It's supposed to be a game changer, leader of the pack but it is none of these!

Maps don't work which is utterly ridiculous. I hate having to use iTunes, fair enough I can sync via the cloud but you still have to login to your computer to change songs etc unless you jailbreak it. The new connector is abs shocking. I have adaptors for tonnes of ipods and iphones and now they expect me to get a couple more in at £30 a pop. Hardly has any new features at all. Please tell me what is new? Not talking about the size or weight. What new features does it have? The camera is same res as 4S. Ok it runs faster until you sync all your apps and music to it then its no different to the 4S and in comparison with a Samsung its sluggish. Still no room for extending memory which iPhone users have been calling out for. Still not very customisable unless you jailbreak. I honestly don't see what is appealing?

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »

Because its the new iPhone. It's supposed to be a game changer, leader of the pack but it is none of these!

Maps don't work which is utterly ridiculous. I hate having to use iTunes, fair enough I can sync via the cloud but you still have to login to your computer to change songs etc unless you jailbreak it. The new connector is abs shocking. I have adaptors for tonnes of ipods and iphones and now they expect me to get a couple more in at £30 a pop. Hardly has any new features at all. Please tell me what is new? Not talking about the size or weight. What new features does it have? The camera is same res as 4S. Ok it runs faster until you sync all your apps and music to it then its no different to the 4S and in comparison with a Samsung its sluggish. Still no room for extending memory which iPhone users have been calling out for. Still not very customisable unless you jailbreak. I honestly don't see what is appealing?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »

New list of sale apps this morning.  Not sure if any of them are decent...look pretty meh to me, but I'm clueless. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion

Thanks for reminding me of this. Bought a couple yesterday. Amazing Alex on the list today, which is made by same people as Angry Birds and is supposed to be pretty good. Can't really go wrong for 25p.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »

I'm no Apple fanboy but I do have a and the wife has a 5. I also use several Android devices on a daily basis.

Apple really dropped a bollock with the maps but apparently it wasn't just down to Apple why they dropped Google maps.

I use several Android devices on a daily basis, phones and tablets I also use several Apple devices. The ease of use, look, feel, quality design is far greater IMO on the Apple products. Yes Apple do hype better than everyone else and yes they rob us blind but so what. If idiots like me are willing to pay for quality and not plasticky products then that's just a price we have to pay.

Again IMO its def not slower than the and I use both everyday. Ok there's no NFC but I think I'll just swipe my credit card instead. Actually probably easier to do that and less of a risk. Oh, there's no widgets, will have to go and cut my wrists or just click an app.

Apparently there are 200 new features/changes on the 5 but I'm not going to list them.
iTunes isn't everyone's cup of tea but it does what it's supposed too.

The new lightening connector is better and more versatile than the older one yet you are moaning that they've changed it. On the other hand you're moaning that they haven't changed the phone. This makes me smile.

The is a good phone but you know what, so is the 5.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »

apple fan boys gonna apple fan.  Cheesy

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »

And a haters gonna buy an .
Smiley

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2012, 07:04:51 PM »

Smiley

haha, don't make me get all the apple products in my house together and post a picture. This was my carry on luggage last time I went on hols:

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »

Smiley

haha, don't make me get all the apple products in my house together and post a picture. This was my carry on luggage last time I went on hols:

Could do with one of those, will scour eBay later.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »

Not read through it properly yet, but was recommended by someone as an 'easy guide' option for people interested in rooting their phones...

http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up+to+date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »

Quick bump from myself whilst I remember so I can read this lifehacker site later on. 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: