blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:26:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  future bashes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: future bashes  (Read 47427 times)
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »

How about G Coventry, Its quite central for most?

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

LOL at Amatay doing his bollocks at £2 showdown, so so com.

Agree it shouldn't be at DTD, weren't even allowed to play £2 showdown there. Unofficial bash is the only bash likely it would seem.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »

Just to repeat, there are no current plans

why?

- Barely a weekend free of a DTD/GUKPT/UKIPT/APAT/Sky event for the remainder of 2012. Never seen it more crowded

- Leeds bb8 had 80 runners. DTD bb9 had 100 runners. I don't think we'd get significantly more than that at the current juncture, and therefore its a struggle to justify the cost and the organisational time

Personally, i didn't feel DTD suited a bash very much. Great club, but not that condusive to fun self dealt games etc etc

When we do bb10 then our contacts are such that all venue options are open. Would personally like to try somewhere new. I have Aspers Newcastle in mind, holds 200, great for a night out too. But not yet.

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

Jason Crawford? I remember an oli crawford?

Thats the guy.

Met him there on that cash table with you and the super straddle.
Then saw him again in London about 2 weeks later.
Never saw him again.

That's right, I was there too, at loose cannon, virgin comp?

I think mole or eck told me  he moved to Thailand.

Yeah that's the one.
Would make sense why I never saw him again. Seemed like a top bloke.

Yeah Oli was grinding in Thailand last I heard although sure Steph spoke to him not long ago and he was moving on somewhere else I think.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »

Was it bradders who did the best part of ton?

Also scooping may result in you having to buy a round...

rofl, gg Ironside.

was an 8 card omhah hi lo game with 10 players and 2 packs of cards
i scooped and bought a round for what seemed like whole card room
i lost something close to £100 on the hand
then did it again

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »

why?

- Barely a weekend free of a DTD/GUKPT/UKIPT/APAT/Sky event for the remainder of 2012. Never seen it more crowded

- Leeds bb8 had 80 runners. DTD bb9 had 100 runners. I don't think we'd get significantly more than that at the current juncture, and therefore its a struggle to justify the cost and the organisational time

Personally, i didn't feel DTD suited a bash very much. Great club, but not that condusive to fun self dealt games etc etc

When we do bb10 then our contacts are such that all venue options are open. Would personally like to try somewhere new. I have Aspers Newcastle in mind, holds 200, great for a night out too. But not yet.

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

All venues are open but from the point of someone who works 9-5 Mon-Fri and doesn't drive...I'd never go to Newcastle as it's just too hard to get there unless you drive. Trains are hellish expensive unless going via London, buses all go via B'Ham/London and unless you live in the South (LDN, SOU, BRI) or Scotland, flights are a no-no. On top of that a lot of people go home Sunday night to work Monday...not possible unless you leave Sunday afternoon/lunch.

Someone suggested G Coventry earlier...I'd second that, albeit when/if we have another bash.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »

why?

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

i fancy newcastle but as tighty says can we wait i aint missed a bash yet and would hate to miss one cause of my gammy leg

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »

Coventry is good too

For one reason more than any other. 

My eyes are open wide
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »

why?

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

All venues are open but from the point of someone who works 9-5 Mon-Fri and doesn't drive...I'd never go to Newcastle as it's just too hard to get there unless you drive. Trains are hellish expensive unless going via London, buses all go via B'Ham/London and unless you live in the South (LDN, SOU, BRI) or Scotland, flights are a no-no. On top of that a lot of people go home Sunday night to work Monday...not possible unless you leave Sunday afternoon/lunch.

Someone suggested G Coventry earlier...I'd second that, albeit when/if we have another bash.

agree with all of this - if we want big numbers then making it as central and accessible as possible is surely the way to go.  Coventry ftw.  and not too much longer please - it's been a year already!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »

problem with coventry is it's in coventry

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

Coventry is good too

For one reason more than any other. 

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »

Any good titty bars in Coventry?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »

Any good titty bars in Coventry?

from my experience the half naked girls go to the G on a Saturday night

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 05:04:12 PM »

why?

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

Would people be up for a foreign one?

behave. Lovely and all that but lets get 150+ for a UK one before we think about pies in the sky

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

why?

For reference so far

bb1 Broadway Birmingham
bb2 Cincins Glasgow
bb3 G Walsall
bb4 G Luton
bb5 Grosvenor Cardiff
bb6 G Luton
bb7 DTD
bb8 Alea Leeds
bb9 DTD

Would people be up for a foreign one?

behave. Lovely and all that but lets get 150+ for a UK one before we think about pies in the sky

even apat events abroad hardly get the UK runners

ffs apat aberdeen struggled to get runners untill the nash stepped in and sold the seats to locals

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: