blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Whats your Move?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats your Move?  (Read 5989 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 12:00:19 PM »

My intial thought was that the raiser had AK too. On a desperate pot buy. I'd call and hope it's not  Ah.

Good job I don't play many texas holdem cash games. I'd be skint.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Norwich Fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 12:35:28 PM »

I had a similar hand last night, $2/4 cash game, dealt JJ, i raised it to 12 in mp, called by the button and the bb, flop comes 10, 7, 4, looked good, i bet the pot of about 40, called by button, turn was Q, i bet 40 again, he raised all in for about 300, i had about 200 left. I was thinking he would reraise pre flop with QQ, KK, AA, i originally put him on A10, but also thought he might re raise the flop with this to see where he was, anyway, as i thought about the call , i typed, i have JJ, he replied, i will show, (in hindsight i thought he was concerned to hear i had JJ, i had bluffed him once earlier also). Anyway, i figured he either hit a set or was slow playing some type of big pair , its usually a good sign of strength to flat call the flop and raise the turn, i folded and he showed A10, grrrrrrr.
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 11:23:02 AM »

Instant fold.

I believe that the big over raise was not because of any disguise but because that is a horrible flop. Apart from the Ace he is now concerned with flush and straight draws and still has two opponents. What he is syaing with that bet is "I will pay off your set or outdraw me if you wish, but if you are drawing then I am not giving you the odds and you are making a bad call".

fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2005, 01:20:12 AM »

Id not play cash games
StraightFlushBlocker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 09:50:13 AM »

This looks like a classic situation where your opponent overplays his AK after weak flop.  If he had anything decent (overpair, trips, etc) he would have slowed down a bit.  Easy call.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: