blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Whats your Move?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats your Move?  (Read 5964 times)
WellChief

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2005, 04:54:23 AM »

A bit of background - M1ster has been raising almost every pot to 6, I decided just to call with JJ as he had been very aggressive on flops and I'm comfortable playing flops with him.  Tubandzit reraises which I didn't know how much to read into as he had been quite aggressive with M1sters raises when he had a hand up to now and might have read my flat call as weak. Whats your move when he goes all in? 

------HAND 1------
Game #1116392084: Hold'em NL (£1/£2) - 2005/12/18 - 23:38:32 (ET)
Table "AshvilleOld" Seat 6 is the button.
Seat 1: danmoq (£112.52 in chips)
Seat 2: tubandzit (£189.75 in chips)
Seat 3: Muzie (£96.74 in chips)
Seat 4: M1STER (£338.25 in chips)
Seat 5: Boroda (£43.75 in chips)
Seat 6: WChief (£365.61 in chips)
danmoq: posts small blind £1
tubandzit: posts big blind £2
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to WChief [ ]
Muzie: folds
M1STER: raises to £6
Boroda: folds
WChief: calls £6
danmoq: folds
tubandzit: raises to £25
M1STER: calls £19
WChief: calls £19
----- FLOP ----- [ two spades ]
tubandzit: bets £164.75 and is all-in
M1STER: folds

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 10:24:48 AM »

I would of re raised preflop, probably all in - If he had JJ QQ KK then so be it.

This is the trouble when flat calling a re raise with JJ (or even QQ) when the flop comes low and they bet heavily, have they hit a set? or overpair?

My initial reaction here (if i played it the way you did, which I wouldnt have) would still be to call, I would put him on AK
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 10:27:13 AM »

My intial thought was that the raiser had AK too. On a desperate pot buy. I'd call and hope it's not  Ah.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:00:27 AM »

Ok I'm glad some would have called here as thats what I did, and he turned over KK.  An excellent move by him I think, as he made it look like AK with the overbet, although I bet he's been done in by a set or AA before playing it like this. 

My mistake was not making the initial reraise with JJ.  If I'd reraised to say 16 then KK would have re-re-raised and I would have been able to fold JJ preflop.  As it is, I was left not having a clue where I was.  Im not going to flat call with JJ or QQ any more to a single raise I don't think. 
JP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 08:55:08 AM »

Fold, you are HOPING he has AK. His range of hands are JJ, QQ, KK, AA and AK/AQh I think. JJ is unlikely as you hold 2 jacks. You are behind to all these hands even the flush draw as with the 2 overs it makes them a 53% favourite. Having said that I play limit cash and by no means do I know much about NL cash games. I play to win small pots by bluffing and try to have a strong hand in the big pots. You have 1 pair and no real prospects with this hand wait for a better spot eg flop a set and let him push all in. I definitely call preflop but you have to know what you are looking to hit.

riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 09:10:45 AM »

I'm with JP on this one definite fold for me. I play an awful lot of NL cash online and once you've played it this way preflop i would be saying to myself that i'm only putting another chip in the pot if i flop the jack or they give me a very cheap turn card to hit the jack. I see this massive overbet a lot when they have the goodies and it's a play i have tried to utilise myself. It does get paid of by the non-believers an awful lot of the time. Only the real jackasses in these games make the reraise preflop and then move in on the flop when they don't hit. Assuming this is a player of reasonable standard your best hope is he has the nut flush draw which statistically you aren't even beating.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 09:41:25 AM »

JP says "hit your set & hope he pushes all-in"......

Ever seen that scenario in a live game JP?.........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 11:03:17 AM »

I'm with JP on this one definite fold for me. I play an awful lot of NL cash online and once you've played it this way preflop i would be saying to myself that i'm only putting another chip in the pot if i flop the jack or they give me a very cheap turn card to hit the jack. I see this massive overbet a lot when they have the goodies and it's a play i have tried to utilise myself. It does get paid of by the non-believers an awful lot of the time. Only the real jackasses in these games make the reraise preflop and then move in on the flop when they don't hit. Assuming this is a player of reasonable standard your best hope is he has the nut flush draw which statistically you aren't even beating.

what a great post.

(opens another page in notebook......)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 12:41:01 PM »

what a great post.

(opens another page in notebook......)

He don't play for chicken feed (maggot level) either.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 03:51:31 PM »

as i was reading your original post i felt you were behind in the hand and i thought i would fold.

you say you thought he had AK because of his over bet. i think he was just trying to protect his hand from flush draws or maybe even staight draws although this is more unlikely and also an ace
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 02:44:13 AM »

You are all right and it was a bad call in the end.

I think I'm right about the fact I should have reraised preflop to define my hand more.  I was on tilt a bit that night and am a bit embarrased about posting the hand!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 03:03:43 AM »

I play to win small pots by bluffing

By small you mean $500?? 

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
JP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 03:16:18 AM »

JP says "hit your set & hope he pushes all-in"......

Ever seen that scenario in a live game JP?.........

Can't say I have Tikay have you? Smiley

Errr Well Chief reraising with JJ in this situation is horrible play I think. I don't get this define your hand business the reraiser has told you all you need to know now you need to get into this great cheap flop and hit that Jack or exit. At lower stakes cash people play pretty straight forwardly so keep it simple.

I play to win small pots by bluffing

By small you mean $500?? 

hmmm.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 03:22:31 AM »

hehe.

I agree with JP, but i am a massive NL cash game fish, so does that make him wrong?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 03:32:28 AM »

JP, I mean the initial raise of $6 that I could reraise, not the $25 raise.  You are right though that my hand was pretty much defined by the action preflop, he had AK or a high pair. 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: