blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48302 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 12:13:04 AM »

He isn't really picked for his goal scoring ability Girgy. You have to look beyond that mate. He didnt score today but he did everything else well.

I really cant see the past the point in picking a 'striker' that is not picked for his goal scoring. IMO Crouch could do the same job as Heskey but he's a far superior goal scorer. If we not picking him for his goals but his odd flick on or holding the ball up then why not play a Gerrard type behind rooney to do the same job but is so much better techically.

Giv'arch, France 98. 0 goals but an awesome team player, by bringing the best players, ie the midfield into play. WD the commentator who remembered this tonight.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »

Did enough to win the game. Green just made a howler. Rather it happens now than in the knock out stages.
Thought Heskey did well. Find it laughable that people think Crouch or Gerrard could have done what he did tonight. He is completely different. Not arguing he is better but putting either of them in can't be a straight swap. Crouch and Rooney wouldn't work imo. Crouch doesn't create enough space.
SWP wasn't very effective but i think it would have worked if it wasn't for the howler.
We have to bounce back now and make sure we get through the group. It's stupid to look any further than that.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 12:15:15 AM »

Did enough to win the game.

i agree. unlucky to hit the post, or they would have...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »

I thought Lennon was England's most dangerous player. He looked like skinning their left back every time he got the ball.

I absolutely think he's international class.

SWP, however, isn't.

agree but his final ball is awful still.

Johnson ftw or Theo for more of a goal threat. Ah, we're past that stage already!

At the time SWP was the right play. They had good possession and pace on the break looked correct to me.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 01:28:53 AM »

na we needed to keep the ball and take control of the game, just like argentina did, keep the ball and they cant score. wright phillips just constantly gave them the ball.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:48 AM »

u think the fact swp is a ring winger and the fact he was played on the left might have caused a few problems?

as i said hvent seen the game just going on what i have heard

ps scotland won the rugby

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »

There's no way I would be throwing Hart in, he's untested at this level, would rather see James play.
Lennon is very quick but always runs down blind alleys with his head down, why his final ball, on the occasions he doesn't lose it, is usually shite
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »

There's no way I would be throwing Hart in, he's untested at this level, would rather see James play.
Lennon is very quick but always runs down blind alleys with his head down, why his final ball, on the occasions he doesn't lose it, is usually shite

clamity james? the guys who has made 10 times the errors green has in goals for england

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2010, 04:55:28 AM »

clamity james? the guys who has made 10 times the errors green has in goals for england

name 10 clammers james has made for england for 20$ on stars sir.

lennon is international class, we need proper wingers, we looked most dangerous down the right today, yes johnson got lots of crosses in but why do you think he had so much space? because of the movement and pace of lennon troubling their full back. also if heskey scored (which he should have) lennon would of been praised by everyone and given a 8/10 in tomorrows papers for his superb slide through ball. and if gerrard/lampard had played that ball they'd still be going on about how they have the class to cut any team apart and it's essential they play etc etc etc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 06:35:17 AM »

Apparently Rob Green is 5/1 to start the next game...this is massive surely???

Personally, Ive never rated Green, I dunno what it is, but he just does not come across as confident and commanding between the sticks, simple as that.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »

Can't see green starting. Capello doesn't put up with shit like that.

Experience is always key in big tournaments. James for the remainder IMO

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »

Apparently Rob Green is 5/1 to start the next game...this is massive surely???

Personally, Ive never rated Green, I dunno what it is, but he just does not come across as confident and commanding between the sticks, simple as that.

Green certainly looked a million miles from confident in the tunnel before the game, he wasn't the only one who showing signs of nerves in the tunnel but he stood out from the rest for me.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that, alot of huffing and puffing....deep breaths etc.....look at the difference in a tunnel before Premier League matches....normally a bit of laughing and joking etc.

What also concerns me was how dodgy we looked at the back and how hard it was to get the ball back.  Quality teams will enjoy even more posession against us and that has to be a real concern, even more so than any potential keeper cock up.

It's just a little bit same old same old for me, big build up ending in disappointment, and as for ITV HD....these barstools got the full wrath in a pointless email sent by me this morning for their ineptness in missing the first goal....morons.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 11:47:43 AM »

I'd love to get 5/1 on him starting.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »

Is it just me worried about us not making it out the group ? I'd be so gutted if we didn't but we really didn't play well at all last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: