blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48595 times)
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »

i thought we were mostly good, attacking potential is clear. Rooney played very poorly, he should drift to the wings if he's getting marked out of it to free up the middle for lampard and gerrard.

inability to pass through the middle of the pitch a bit worrying but hopefully gareth barry will be back soon and that should shore up that issue and stop the centre backs getting exposed like last night. Aaron lennon did cause a lot of those problems by losing the ball in his own half and i'm sure he'll be told about it in no uncertain terms.

SWP for milner was a great substitution, totally took that dangerous USA left back out of their attacking options.

Heskey was immense, just wish he could score goals.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »

i thought we were mostly good, attacking potential is clear. Rooney played very poorly, he should drift to the wings if he's getting marked out of it to free up the middle for lampard and gerrard.

inability to pass through the middle of the pitch a bit worrying but hopefully gareth barry will be back soon and that should shore up that issue and stop the centre backs getting exposed like last night. Aaron lennon did cause a lot of those problems by losing the ball in his own half and i'm sure he'll be told about it in no uncertain terms.

SWP for milner was a great substitution, totally took that dangerous USA left back out of their attacking options.

Heskey was immense, just wish he could score goals.

Post of the thread
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »

Lol heskey was far from imense!

Not the worst game I've seen him play but he was no where near 'imense,'!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »

Johnson was best player on the park tonight by far! Followed by Stevie G.

Squads already down to 22 players as King has totally proved my hatred for him! Well really were down to 21 as Heskey is absolutely dog shit! Fk me man that finish was pathetic and think id of done a better job in rustling the onion bag!

Team for next game should be....

Hart, G.Johnson, Carragher, Terry, A.Cole, Lennon, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole, Crouch and Rooney!

your so fkin clueless, heskey has done so much for england and is still a vital part of our team, he's always a scapegoat for clueless clowns who know nothing about football. HESKEY IS NOT AS GOOD AS CROUCH/DEFOE BUT HE FITS IN THE TEAM BETTER, AND SUITS ROONEY, Jesus christ some people
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »

Lol heskey was far from imense!

Not the worst game I've seen him play but he was no where near 'imense,'!

must have been watching a different game to me.

apart from score a goal what else would you have liked to see him do?
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »

Squads already down to 22 players as King has totally proved my hatred for him! Well really were down to 21 as Heskey is absolutely dog shit! Fk me man that finish was pathetic and think id of done a better job in rustling the onion bag!

Hart, G.Johnson, Carragher, Terry, A.Cole, Lennon, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole, Crouch and Rooney!

your so fkin clueless, heskey has done so much for england and is still a vital part of our team, he's always a scapegoat for clueless clowns who know nothing about football. HESKEY IS NOT AS GOOD AS CROUCH/DEFOE BUT HE FITS IN THE TEAM BETTER, AND SUITS ROONEY, Jesus christ some people

Nibble nibble

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

Exactly!!!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »

Is it just me worried about us not making it out the group ? I'd be so gutted if we didn't but we really didn't play well at all last night.

Its ok Mond the other two teams in the group are pure dirt.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »

Is it just me worried about us not making it out the group ? I'd be so gutted if we didn't but we really didn't play well at all last night.

Its ok Mond the other two teams in the group are pure dirt.

after that 1st half I'd think about turning Scottish if we don't qualify!!

seriously though given the issues that seem to be surrounding James 'injuries' I'd be surprised if Green didn't keep the jersey for our next game against the Algerians,sure Hart is good but what would happen if he did make a costly mistake? qualifying would then be tricky and who would go in after that?  I'd prefer for Cappello to back Green and show confidence in him,baffles me why he has kept the no1 slot closely guarded perhaps he was hoping James would be OK if not just get on with providing confidence

Though heskey played well I would still  prefer crouch/Defoe alongside Rooney
Carragher or upson to partner Terry?

Green 5/10
Johnson 8/10
Cole 6.5/10
king 5/10
Terry 6.5/10
Lennon 5.5/10
milner 2/10(swp 6/10)
Lampard 6/10
Gerrard 8.5/10 man of match for me
rooney 7
heskey  7

crouch 6/10
Carragher 6.5/10

FFS!! ITV HD with yr frigging ad break just before we scored ,although just at that point some dizzy blonde at the footy BBQ was trying to plug in some speakers into the Screen so she got tons of abuse as you could imagine Smiley

FFS ALG V SVN what dire shite this is!!!!!!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

If we can't beat Slovenia and Algeria comfortably we don't deserve to be in the knockout stages.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

lol at swp 6/10 better than average that must be a joke, he was absolute dirt!

carragher was so slow too, we cant rely on him at centre half. if king is injured we're fucked because upson is no where near good enough.

rooney has got off so lightly here, he really didn't do much at all.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »

We have Dawson. I'd start him next game with Terry.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »

If we can't beat Slovenia and Algeria comfortably we don't deserve to be in the knockout stages.

Yeah,my thoughts too.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »

We have Dawson. I'd start him next game with Terry.

Not sure if a level, but I would too. Fuck Carragher, no way should he be in squad. Rather have Jagielka. Rio loss is so so so huge. Crouch centre half ftw Tongue

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

Yeah,my thoughts too.

I'd be pretty confident that England will beat both of these teams (in fact I think Scotland would beat them both) but there's a good chance the USA will beat them both too so deciding the group winner could well end up going to goal difference. What England need is two positive attacking performances, they are the best team in the group by a mile and should have no fear of these teams, go out play as they can and they will win both games. They could have had the USA dead and buried by half time if they had kept the pressure on after scoring the first goal but I felt they made the mistake of taking their foot off the gas after getting 1-0 up early. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: