blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  And then there was one..... A Vegas Diary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: And then there was one..... A Vegas Diary  (Read 37644 times)
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »

Just concentrate on binking.....
Forget all the negativism and you'll have a great time.
FTW

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »

Great idea george! Will really look forward to reading this!

Hopefully karma will be good to you!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »

glglgl in vegas and i'm sure you'll do very well.

do you mind me asking why you're thanking "mum and dad" about going to vegas? dont mean this in a cocky or weird way genuinely interested, if im being nosy tell me to gtfo.

What's your vegas schedule? Who are you now going with after the recent drop outs in the Bawbags thread and where you staying etc etc

Win the world Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rozza1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 06:42:10 PM »

Good luck 

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »

Nothing to do with the Bawbags thread, as that trip is 31st August.

GTFO George about leaving the poker scene. We wont let you.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »

Ok I'm going to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and document this journey to where we are today.

Once upon a time Mr Bedi and Mrs Bedi..... ok maybe not that far back.....

Let's start with how I got into the pokers. I was part of the late night poker generation. I remember watching it and being abso fascinated by it even tho I had abso no idea what was going on (yeah yeah no change there then). I remember depositing like 20 bucks on poker room and losing it all playing God knows what. Think it was a no limit hold em cash game but I simply can't remember.

Fast forward about 2 months, I put 200$ on pacific poker after seeing an advert on tv. I still had no idea what I was doing, how to play properly. What's a dealer button What's position- A6? ALL IN (yeah yeh no change there then)

I actually started playing limit holdem obv not knowing the distinction between the 2! I was somehow and I have no idea how making money and got up to about 450$ in a week. I still had no idea about unlimited hold em or these things called tournaments.

I received an email from pacific poker saying they are running a 40$ 50k guarantee tourney on Saturday night. Say what? I registered for the tournament and don't ask me how WON the whole God Damn thing (yeh yeh no change there then Wink ) binking 9900$ which was HUGE! I would abso love to see a hand history of that tournament. I'm pretty sure in my early days I was over betting pots massive cos I remember people abusing me about it (don't tap the glass?). I cashed most of my winnings out and left around 1k in dollars on site. I then composed an email to the site asking them when the next tournament was running and they should try and run them more often lol. They directed me to the tournament lobby and so my life as an absolute tourney donko started to take shape......
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:53:31 PM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 06:52:33 PM »

glglgl in vegas and i'm sure you'll do very well.

do you mind me asking why you're thanking "mum and dad" about going to vegas? dont mean this in a cocky or weird way genuinely interested, if im being nosy tell me to gtfo.

What's your vegas schedule? Who are you now going with after the recent drop outs in the Bawbags thread and where you staying etc etc

Win the world Smiley

My parents have given me the money to be able to go. I did bink a seat but due to what's happened with Blatch and also running pretty bad online I won't be playing the main event unless some major binkage happens. I'll explain all of this later in the thread but keep the questions coming Smiley

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

I then composed an email to the site asking them when the next tournament was running and they should try and run them more often lol. They directed me to the tournament lobby and so my life as an absolute tourney donko started to take shape......

I have always said poker was a skill game.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

Have  a great time George, hope it's good for you Smiley

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

George, we have met but only briefly, so I wont pretend that I know you, but I wish you all the best and regardless of result, I hope you have a cracking time, looking forward to reading the updates.

ATB

Mike

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »

I may use this as a Q&A too actually.

Can i take my laptop out there- will it work with an adaptor or do I have to purchase one out there?

Sorry if this sounds like a Paul Ho post

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »

Can i take my laptop out there- will it work with an adaptor or do I have to purchase one out there?

All you need is a plug adaptor. You will have to pay extra for internet access, whether that is a stand alone charge or in the compulsory rip off resort fee that every Vegas hotel has now.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »

All you need is a plug adaptor. You will have to pay extra for internet access, whether that is a stand alone charge or in the compulsory rip off resort fee that every Vegas hotel has now.

Need to check the voltage on it I assume?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »

Laptop adapter should be okay at any input voltage George.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: