blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273078 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Moving on......
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving on......  (Read 57398 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 27, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »

hold on a minute, the guy that was in the vid, or recording the vid is a mod on here?

Did i misunderstand or is that correct?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »

I've explained at length & several times, I did what I thought was right, but I may have been wrong, who knows?, but if I were wrong, I'm sorry, & no doubt I'll have to pay my bills, metaphorically.

You could, you know, pick up the phone and talk to Kev. Couldn't do any harm, like.

Prior to going to Vegas, I did - every week, sometimes twice a week. Did everyone else, especially those who are bemoaning the fact that he's sick, & needs help? Did they?

Sunday was a very awkward call, for him, & for me. In due course I'll ring him, when the dust has settled. Whether he'll take the call remains to be seen. If he does not, I don't blame him one iota.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »

hold on a minute, the guy that was in the vid, or recording the vid is a mod on here?

You misunderstood. Well I think you did. It whooshed me, too, but I expect a point was being made obliquely. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 27, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »

Mods, perhaps it's time you locked the thread again.

This

Nothing more can be gained by continuing this thread other than continuing to give the forum members a viable alternative to Eastenders and Coronation Street.  The problem with this forum is (despite the rights and wrongs of this thread, of which I think we all have a view) the continued "its my club and if you don't like it you can go somewhere else" and the fact the forum is linked to company that causes the problems.  It surfaced in this thread again - and is at the root of all the issues this thread has caused and why it appeared in the first place.

Forums linked to a business are notoriously impossible to moderate - that's why so many businesses shy away from the use of social networking and new media as they have to manage the potential conflict with their brand.  Betfair do it well - however they would NEVER make public comments in public on why memebrs were banned, who would be taking a break ever - they just do it.  In any other business would the "Chairman" say to "customers" go somewhere esle if you don't like it? Or post like Tikays opening post?  No, as they are customers.  Blonde is not a business anymore.  It sits in between two camps, that's the whole reason this thread has become public. - needed to survive

Probably clumsily put - however no commercial streams now, limited potential - just a forum for members.  It has a CEO ffs - why?  I think for the forum to get on track I'd disconnect the commercial side, use some simple rakeback affiliates to pay for hosting and let it self police with independant mods that don't answer to shareholders  And close this threaD!.  If I was in Flushy's shoes I'd wonder what I had got involved in.  
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 27, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »

You misunderstood. Well I think you did. It whooshed me, too, but I expect a point was being made obliquely. 

thanks for clearing that up.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

I have no opinion

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »

This

Nothing more can be gained by continuing this thread other than continuing to give the forum members a viable alternative to Eastenders and Coronation Street.  The problem with this forum is (despite the rights and wrongs of this thread, of which I think we all have a view) the continued "its my club and if you don't like it you can go somewhere else" and the fact the forum is linked to company that causes the problems.  It surfaced in this thread again - and is at the root of all the issues this thread has caused and why it appeared in the first place.

Forums linked to a business are notoriously impossible to moderate - that's why so many businesses shy away from the use of social networking and new media as they have to manage the potential conflict with their brand.  Betfair do it well - however they would NEVER make public comments in public on why memebrs were banned, who would be taking a break ever - they just do it.  In any other business would the "Chairman" say to "customers" go somewhere esle if you don't like it? Or post like Tikays opening post?  No, as they are customers.  Blonde is not a business anymore.  It sits in between two camps, that's the whole reason this thread has become public. - needed to survive

Probably clumsily put - however no commercial streams now, limited potential - just a forum for members.  It has a CEO ffs - why?  I think for the forum to get on track I'd disconnect the commercial side, use some simple rakeback affiliates to pay for hosting and let it self police with independant mods that don't answer to shareholders  And close this threaD!.  If I was in Flushy's shoes I'd wonder what I had got involved in.  

The Mods do not answer to the Shareholders, & are fully independent. Ask them.

Unrelated, but due to time pressures, I have not Modded for about 6 months, maybe longer, & have not Posted on the Mods Board (until last week) for several months. Again, they will confirm that.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »

let it self police with independant mods that don't answer to shareholders 

all the mods are independant and NORMALLY are consulted over ALL issue revolving round the forum, we dont answer to shareholders allthough they can remove our status at any time this has never come up in any disagreement we have had in the running of the forum
anyone who knows me would know i would never be anyones puppet

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

Kev has asked me to post this.

--------------
Please post a final final comment for me on that thread.   I wish everyone would just stop now, lock the thread and move on, I really hate to see the place I love imploding like this. I will not be revisiting the thread.

Does this mean that Kev doesn't want to prove his innocence?
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »

This

Forums linked to a business are notoriously impossible to moderate - that's why so many businesses shy away from the use of social networking and new media as they have to manage the potential conflict with their brand.  Betfair do it well - however they would NEVER make public comments in public on why members were banned, who would be taking a break ever - they just do it.  In any other business would the "Chairman" say to "customers" go somewhere else if you don't like it? Or post like Tikays opening post?  No, as they are customers.  Blonde is not a business anymore.  It sits in between two camps, that's the whole reason this thread has become public. - needed to survive

Probably clumsily put - however no commercial streams now, limited potential - just a forum for members.  It has a CEO ffs - why?  I think for the forum to get on track I'd disconnect the commercial side, use some simple rakeback affiliates to pay for hosting and let it self police with in dependant mods that don't answer to shareholders  And close this threaD!.  If I was in Flushy's shoes I'd wonder what I had got involved in.  

The Mods do not answer to the Shareholders, & are fully independent. Ask them.

Unrelated, but due to time pressures, I have not Modded for about 6 months, maybe longer, & have not Posted on the Mods Board (until last week) for several months. Again, they will confirm that.

Wasn't a pop Tikay - just a view that maybe blondepoker needs to regain its identity as either a business or a forum - not both.  That's the root of this, if the poker room incident had been managed with Kev, as a business issue it would be fine.  My point is if betfair sacked a trader or poker room manager or disciplined them, they would not feel the need to post on their forum.  And most companies don't have to worry as they don't have a forum as well
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »

all the mods are independant and NORMALLY are consulted over ALL issue revolving round the forum, we dont answer to shareholders allthough they can remove our status at any time this has never come up in any disagreement we have had in the running of the forum

Respect that Ironside and apologies if offended, however trhe fact normally is in capitals sort of proves my point - no offence meant to you.  Just making some points about how to avoid this as it's sad, been here since 2005 on and off and it should be community or not if that makes sense.

On that note I am off to play the $100 rebuy on iPoker lololol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »

sack the mods, sack the mods, sack the mods (Cool

we want rookie back say we want rookie back (Cool

let the shrewdies take over, get the fun back onto the forum, stop all the drama and bring back the forum that was once the best poker forum in England.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »

Having just said that I don't "hands on" Mod these days, I have a Moderation issue now whuich I guess I need to handle myself.

Kev has sent me a (pleasant) Text, & he asks that the thread be closed, to keep it going is serving no purpose. He said more, too, though unless he says as much, I'm not sure it would be right to Post it. But it was not unpleasant, not at all.

I need to think on this now, but I'm minded to lock the Thread whilst I think about his question/suggestion/request.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »

Respect that Ironside and apologies if offended, however trhe fact normally is in capitals sort of proves my point - no offence meant to you.  Just making some points about how to avoid this as it's sad, been here since 2005 on and off and it should be community or not if that makes sense.

On that note I am off to play the $100 rebuy on iPoker lololol

Iron's point was, I believe, that on THIS occasion, The Mods were not consulted by Tighty or myself, we handled it alone, for a whole variety of compelling reasons.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »

Thread Locked for now.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: