blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2010 Ashes
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Ashes  (Read 79267 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2010, 05:50:49 AM »

sorry to be the party pooper but On hussey to make a century again

oiuhutdfhrtrytyhuijk

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2010, 06:13:21 AM »

tht is huge wicket!!!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2010, 06:13:57 AM »

Yessss, Swanie!! Get in there..

Bye, Hussey.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Swanie on for Hat trick, come on my son.

207-7

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2010, 06:23:12 AM »

Great time to pick up a couple of wickets, but the referral system is an absolute nonsense a lot of the time. Harris knows 100% that he's hit that, and everyone else knows it as well since otherwise he wouldn't refer it.

In cases like this you actually get a worse decision with the referral system than you do without. Without referrals, the umpire gives it and everyone says 'ah well, might have hit it might have not, but swings and roundabouts etc etc' - with referrals everyone knows the decision is wrong but there's not enough evidence to overturn it. And the team doing the referring lose a referral, even though they were right...
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2010, 06:28:34 AM »

blatent inside edge there, the pakistani team must have had a bet on though so the wicket still stands!!!!BOOOOOOOOOOOM COME ON SWANNAAAAAAY
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »

What was Ponting fuming about at the end?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2010, 11:08:57 AM »

Excellent stuff, fell asleep at Lunch first bit of the series I have missed, meh.

Aussies are at least 150 short on this track, bat all day tomorrow and significant portion of the 3rd day plz.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

usually i would say i wouldnt wanna have to chase to many last on a pitch against australia. im really not concerned, imo we declare over night on zero, bowl them out again 2moro, and knock off the runs on day 3 so we dont have to worry about batting on day 4/5 pitch
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »

Great time to pick up a couple of wickets, but the referral system is an absolute nonsense a lot of the time. Harris knows 100% that he's hit that, and everyone else knows it as well since otherwise he wouldn't refer it.

In cases like this you actually get a worse decision with the referral system than you do without. Without referrals, the umpire gives it and everyone says 'ah well, might have hit it might have not, but swings and roundabouts etc etc' - with referrals everyone knows the decision is wrong but there's not enough evidence to overturn it. And the team doing the referring lose a referral, even though they were right...

I wasn't watching live but If you have 2 referrals and 3 wickets left and the rest are bunnies I think you're going to be referring close to 100% of decisions.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 03, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »

I wasn't watching live but If you have 2 referrals and 3 wickets left and the rest are bunnies I think you're going to be referring close to 100% of decisions.

Yeah, I take your point, but it was obvious that he was referring it because he knew he wasn't out, rather than on the off chance.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 03, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »

really struggling with the crossword today, 10 down: Australian start to an innings (2,4,3)

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 03, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »

the referral system is not being used in the way it was designed....its being used far more as a game of tactics ("they're 12-3 and if we can get another one now we're in great shape, even if its only 10% to be overturned") than a game of "that's obviously wrong, we must overturn it"

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a poorly thought out systen

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: December 03, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »

the referral system is not being used in the way it was designed....its being used far more as a game of tactics ("they're 12-3 and if we can get another one now we're in great shape, even if its only 10% to be overturned") than a game of "that's obviously wrong, we must overturn it"

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a poorly thought out systen

Does the coaches' challenge system in NFL get used in the same, tactical way?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 03, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

I think it works pretty well tbh, I don't see a problem with tactical use.

That was an interesting one with Harris last night though, I think its likely he did feather the ball but the conclusive evidence was not there to overturn the decision.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: