blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2010 Ashes
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Ashes  (Read 79225 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

the referral system is not being used in the way it was designed....its being used far more as a game of tactics ("they're 12-3 and if we can get another one now we're in great shape, even if its only 10% to be overturned") than a game of "that's obviously wrong, we must overturn it"

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a poorly thought out systen

Does the coaches' challenge system in NFL get used in the same, tactical way?

Yeah sort of,but  it works differently as the coaches have headsets to their staff upstairs who are watching replays of the incident to advise them whether to challenge
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »

the referral system is not being used in the way it was designed....its being used far more as a game of tactics ("they're 12-3 and if we can get another one now we're in great shape, even if its only 10% to be overturned") than a game of "that's obviously wrong, we must overturn it"

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a poorly thought out systen

Does the coaches' challenge system in NFL get used in the same, tactical way?

They would not challenge a call that is clearly wrong if it meant reversing a 3 yard gain.

Yet a 5% chance of overturning a touchdown to the opposition would almost always be challenged.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »

I think it works pretty well tbh, I don't see a problem with tactical use.

That was an interesting one with Harris last night though, I think its likely he did feather the ball but the conclusive evidence was not there to overturn the decision.

There was definitely enough evidence there to overturn that decision imo, hotspot showed there was a nick there albeit faint, you could also see the ball deviate in real time with your own eyes and obviously Harris was convinced he hit it with his immediate call for the review. A bit disappointed  with all the technology that a guy who hits the ball Is still gave out lbw. I would have been steaming if it was the other way round.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »

Can they use hotspot for the referrals?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »

That was an interesting one with Harris last night though, I think its likely he did feather the ball but the conclusive evidence was not there to overturn the decision.

There was definitely enough evidence there to overturn that decision imo, hotspot showed there was a nick there albeit faint, you could also see the ball deviate in real time with your own eyes and obviously Harris was convinced he hit it with his immediate call for the review. A bit disappointed  with all the technology that a guy who hits the ball Is still gave out lbw. I would have been steaming if it was the other way round.

I'm not convinced of that tbh, if you think about how clearly the nicks normally show up it was hard to overturn it, bearing in mind it was barely visible.........
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »

Hotspot is used yes, Snicko is not

there was one in Brisbane, no evidence on hotspot, snicko was clear

The whole thing is still a bit unsatisfactory to my mind, but its early days...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »

Hotspot is used yes, Snicko is not

there was one in Brisbane, no evidence on hotspot, snicko was clear

The whole thing is still a bit unsatisfactory to my mind, but its early days...

I don't get not using snicko tbh, that probably would have been conclusive............
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

I'm not convinced of that tbh, if you think about how clearly the nicks normally show up it was hard to overturn it, bearing in mind it was barely visible.........

lol barely visible is still visible isnt it

I heard the comms say last night that Snicko takes too long to use thats why it aint being used.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »

snicko can't be set up in time. takes 6 minutes or something like that at the moment to analyse a particular delivery

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »

lol barely visible is still visible isnt it

I heard the comms say last night that Snicko takes too long to use thats why it aint being used.

Its was probable and not conclusive though, even sky had to trawl through the replay a number of times afterwards to spot it, I didn't see it till they pointed it out either. I doubt the umpire even saw it first time round let alone be able to give it.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

I'm gonna declare Woodsey, will you take a draw?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 03, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

I'm gonna declare Woodsey, will you take a draw?

But I wanna win Cheesy

Whatever you get the general point  Smiley
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 03, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »

Snicko would be used in the UK but the host broadcaster chooses what to use.
Aussies chose hotspot and whatever the southern hemisphere version of hawk eye is.

The point of the refferal is to overturn the obvious bad decisions and leave it in the hands of the umpires. If it was barely visable on hotspot it shows why the umpire didn't give it so it wasn't an obviously wrong decision.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »

snicko can't be set up in time. takes 6 minutes or something like that at the moment to analyse a particular delivery

Really? Ii thought we used snicko here, or is it always several mins after they show it?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »

I thought Snicko was bollocks because the sound graph and image had to be lined up by hand so the operator basically chooses whether there is an edge or not.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: