blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys  (Read 37542 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

Can we stop with the elements of character/posting style character assasination now please?

I mean, am I the only one uncomfortable here?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »

Can we stop with the elements of character/posting style character assasination now please?

No I'm cringing too, both are showing themselves to have ego's bigger than their brain's and BR.

Also ban Matt please, a terrible thread, bring dewi back!

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »

I don't want to get involved in the bickering side of things. I  do think a bit of banter and light hearted piss taking is fine but it does seem to escalate beyond that level on this forum.
 FWIW i've generally found the posts of Mantis and the style that they are written in to be entertaining and informative. I also enjoy Greekstein's contributions to the forum too. It just seems a shame that things have to turn into a slanging match with some very unsavoury and uncalled for comments.
 How about a truce? It's only a game of cards.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:13:52 PM by the rage » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2010, 01:02:25 PM »

No.

In truth, I could benefit a great deal from posting on pha, but the arguments, badmouthing and lack of respect for someone else's opinion just completely spoil it for me as a resource.

The older I get, the better I was.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

Makes you wonder why a lot of people probably dont post their thoughts on the PHA board?Huh???

Because they don't want to improve?

Plenty of people make terrible posts. None present them in such terrible ways.

No.

In truth, I could benefit a great deal from posting on pha, but the arguments, badmouthing and lack of respect for someone else's opinion just completely spoil it for me as a resource.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »

+2.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »

Forget the poker prop as nobody actually cares.

What about a see who can stay off the PHA boards the longest?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

I really think people over-exaggerate how bad the pha part of the forum is,I don't think there's very often anything THAT bad on there to make it that scary or upsetting a place.Yes if you put a thread up that seems so obvious to others then there'll be the odd sarcastic comment but is that really that bad ? Baring in mind that a lot of people who post on there now didn't do so a year or so ago then I'd say that it's a lot better than it was and really not that bad at all.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »

I really think people over-exaggerate how bad the pha part of the forum is,I don't think there's very often anything THAT bad on there to make it that scary or upsetting a place.Yes if you put a thread up that seems so obvious to others then there'll be the odd sarcastic comment but is that really that bad ? Baring in mind that a lot of people who post on there now didn't do so a year or so ago then I'd say that it's a lot better than it was and really not that bad at all.

Mantis gets slated because of the tone and arrogance in his posts.

People like Red Dog, Longines, Matt50 who have posted above wouldn't get responses like Mantis does because they don't warrant them.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »

One more thing, Greekstein said that he was worried people would be unduly impressed by Mantis because he occasionaly owned Greekstein with carefully chosen flowery words.

I didn't mate.

True but you said something a bit like that and I wanted to get the dig in about being owned by flowery woofs coz I thought it was comedy.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

One more thing, Greekstein said that he was worried people would be unduly impressed by Mantis because he occasionaly owned Greekstein with carefully chosen flowery words.

I didn't mate.

True but you said something a bit like that and I wanted to get the dig in about being owned by flowery woofs coz I thought it was comedy.

I didn't quite get that. Even asked someone clever (Tighty) on msn and he didn't understand it either.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »

I wasn't referiing to you Mr James Mfkn Keys. I don't remember thinking you'd made one post on PHA that was anything but fair please keep posting on there,love another official fanboy  Wink
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »

No I'm cringing too, both are showing themselves to have ego's bigger than their brain's and BR.

Also ban Matt please, a terrible thread, bring dewi back!

This was the whole point of the thread.

Read the OP mate. It says it all. Every time you get Cos and Mantis in on a thread it descends in to a load of bollocks just like this has.

I gave them a platform on the PHA board and it's become the most posted on thread ever. Just shows that they are less bothered about analysing hands than continuing this ridiculous, long running and childish battle.

Also I don't think anyone needs to worry about Mantis. I've only met him once but I thought he was a nice bloke and clearly of a suitable mental state to ignore the rants of anybody on here.

I don't think he would see any comment on here as a character assassination because what you see on here isn't his true character anyway.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »

I really don't get the hatred for Mantis, he offers an alternative point of view from the standard and while he is often wrong imo that is for the reader to decide. I pretty much read his posts with a filter on and he will occasionally say something which I find interesting/useful.

As for the whole PHA is a not a nice place, you should get yourselves over to 2+2 this place looks like a monastry compared to there. Yet through lively debate that has been pretty much the leader in poker theory over the last decade, not a coincidence. You either want to improve or not and if a few childish jibes put you off getting better at poker, then you don't want to improve at poker enough imo.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:23 PM »

I didn't mate.

I didn't quite get that. Even asked someone clever (Tighty) on msn and he didn't understand it either.

swing and a miss then looks like

I can't win a teddy every time, even if I could I wouldn't have room for them

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: