blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack August 2010
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack August 2010  (Read 161864 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »

Why if everyone is happy?

Because we play poker aggressively to exploit peoples risk aversion. When there is big money involved deep in a tournament, this is when people are generally the most risk averse and our aggression is most effective. Plus we're playing for a lot of money so our aggression brings big rewards!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:51 PM »

Because we play poker aggressively to exploit peoples risk aversion. When there is big money involved deep in a tournament, this is when people are generally the most risk averse and our aggression is most effective. Plus we're playing for a lot of money so our aggression brings big rewards!

U played dan before?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
iveysda

boba fett is scotlands billy bingo

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 08, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »

well done dan gr8 score

you''ll never get out of this world alive
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 08, 2010, 11:44:48 PM »

U played dan before?

Not that I can remember

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »

U played dan before?

Grin

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:08 PM »

U played dan before?

Not that I can remember

when u say "we" are aggressive Dan isn't although admittedly by his latest performances looks as tho he's made a few adjustments!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »

Great result Dan, well played.

Put it to good use in Vegas.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
semtex

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 08, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »

Well done Boshi....glad to see that you learnt something from my April deal/negotiations lol....think this one is up there too!....great result and well played mate....kept your head while all around you lost theirs! Tighty will be happy he got an early night too and looks like you'll be buying the beers!
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 08, 2010, 11:49:37 PM »

absolutely, and if you are in this position several times a month then it will undoubedtly be +++EV to exploit the weakness....but....

if you only play at this level occasionally and a differential in payout of nearly 10K can be effected by one card,then you need to factor that in as well.

this isnt a maths problem for most people, its real life, and 10K is 10K

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »

Well done Dan.  Enjoy..!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »

I personally think greed is most poker players downfall, I know I've been there. Why risk it all when 18k is guaranteed? Its not like the extra 8k is going to change your life now you have 18k, if indeed you manage to win it all. Pretty sure you would be gutted if you ended up finishing fourth though through being greedy.............
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 08, 2010, 11:53:52 PM »

U played dan before?

Not that I can remember

when u say "we" are aggressive Dan isn't although admittedly by his latest performances looks as tho he's made a few adjustments!

Yeh I'm nto trying to bashi boshi for dealing - obv its +EV in some situations. I'd be lying if I claimed that I've never done a deal myself

Congrats on the score

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 08, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »

I personally think greed is most poker players downfall, I know I've been there. Why risk it all when 18k is guaranteed? Its not like the extra 8k is going to change your life now you have 18k, if indeed you manage to win it all. Pretty sure you would be gutted if you ended up finishing fourth though through being greedy.............

Its not about greed at all for me. Its simply the maths. If I feel that the money being offered is greater than my EV then obv I'd take it and I have done in the past. We're not risking it all, its £6.5k guaranteed.

I actually did finish 4th after refusing a deal in the deepstack in May and wasn't really gutted at all

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 09, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »

Its not about greed at all for me. Its simply the maths. If I feel that the money being offered is greater than my EV then obv I'd take it and I have done in the past. We're not risking it all, its £6.5k guaranteed.

I actually did finish 4th after refusing a deal in the deepstack in May and wasn't really gutted at all

Well if you weren't you have more money than most of us on here.............
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 09, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »

GL Kin - have a good feeling about this one  Grin

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - nice one mate, very well done.

And excellent updates guys.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: