blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:38:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423543 times)
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: March 05, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »

Proposed schedule looks nice, best of luck
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »

The EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo is just a fantastic place to play poker.  The poker room is just fabulous.  If you ever watched Formula 1 you'll just love walking around the circuit, seeing the boats etc.  Your hotel is going to be expensive, but the Meridien next door is £200 a night which may be rich vs Vegas, but is still a very nice place to stay.

You can cut some of the expense by walking towards the City from the hotel.  There is a cafe in the beech where you can get pastas, pizzas etc force third of the price you pay in the Meridien and Monte Carlo.  You are still eating overlooking a beach in Monte Carlo.  You can walk to the harbour area and half that again.  There is a supermarket just up the hill towards the main square when you can pick up cans, water etc. 

You can still do the odd splurge, posh restaurant, coffee in the main square etc.   You can also sit yourself by the pool and have a nice beer in the spring sunshine, it will be up there with the most expensive beers you have ever had, but it will taste really good.

I have heard some horror stories of costs in San Remo, to add done balance too.  The people who are going to get really fleeced in Monte Carlo are those that stay at the main hotel, eat in the restaurants there, and never leave.

Whilst your young and flush, just do it once.

Moving to full time MTTs from mainly cash after a good run was probably the worst poker mistake I ever made.

Fantastic set of results and good luck with the rest of the year. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Don't do it, you're crazy

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: March 05, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »

Defo go Monte Carlo , it's expensive but everywhere is now. The gap between most of European cities and MC has closed so it's not as bad as it was relatively, stay somewhere nice and just enjoy life. I've stayed a few places there, one hotel was €60 for breakfast but it overlooked Grand Prix track which was in 2 weeks time and was amazing so worth every €€. You only live once, if you need restaurant/hotel recommendations let me know. I'm 0/5 in main event which is ridiculously good value, lol mtts

Cash>mtts obviously as well. Can't let short term variance alter your views
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: March 05, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »

Pleno on tour!!!!
Do it, enjoy it and look back at it as an amazing time forever
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »

I must have worded something incorrectly in my post, my bad.

Yes I intend to do Remo, Vienna and Vegas but this is very much for life ev not long term poker decisions. I will still play 80-20 in terms of cash-mtts. Its just the off chance that these tournaments all fall within a few months. Post Vegas there is never really any really good stops, I hate Barcelona and very likely wont be going there.

So dont worry Im not turning into an MTT pro like 15 or so people messaged me on skype about haha. Cash is king!

Main reason Monte Carlo would likely be a swerve is because the main event is 10k euros, pretty expensive! Lets see how the first 2 trips go anyway, should be a fun ride.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: March 08, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »

hugely deserved and congratulations, u must be delighted. ...

Gl everywhere
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: March 09, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »

My parents arrived here 2 days ago so I haven't been playing at all one small terrible session but literally no volume. Today I have a football match, we will go for lunch afterwards and then ill play a sunday session. Tomorrow were going to go to Vienna for the day which should be good.

I forgot to say last week I played vs a Hungarian team on Thursday in a friendly. They were ok I played good but was pretty unfit. By Sunday I was really tired still and legs aching after a big winter break. We somehow played the same team in the eagle and their manager put this huge athlete to just man mark me for the whole game. So literally when his team had the ball he followed me wherever I went and annoyingly tried to constantly stand on my toes. As soon as I got the ball he would just instantly foul me. It was so so so frustrating lol. Eventually I got booked for arguing with the referee but at 1-1 we got a free kick from 45 yards and let all my fury out on the ball and it dipped into the top corner for some justice. We play an Irish team today who are pretty good so should be a fun game.

Btw I've been off Skype and intend to be until my parents leave will be back on from Wednesday and will go through everybody 1 by 1.

Did a couple of interviews after the last 2 Sundays with pocket fives They should be up soon.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: March 09, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »

Highlights of the final if you can bear it.
http://youtu.be/kJBaIV63H7k

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: March 09, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »

So what has Bitb decided to win today and for how much?  Gl Pads

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: March 09, 2014, 01:17:41 PM »

such a brutal suck out hand, one time not to get coolered! great run anyway

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: March 09, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »

Still having lunch with my parents but will play a biggish schedule starting at the warm up, feel really good about todAy won 1-0 in last 3 minutes of game.

Next guy who posts itt gets 1% free roll of any scores over 10k.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »

shotgun!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: March 09, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »

I don't post in threads for less than 5% mate.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

shotgun!

Congrats on £1k

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: