blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425763 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6930 on: June 25, 2015, 12:14:45 AM »

Start a diary please Mantis.

Pro's from a Golf Shop

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6931 on: June 25, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »

From Brad to verse.

The older I get, the better I was.
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 25, 2015, 12:47:42 AM »

From Brad to verse.

The Good, The Brad and The Ugly
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: June 25, 2015, 12:53:53 AM »

(brad is) the best in the business

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: June 25, 2015, 03:25:28 AM »

Slept for 15 hours, really recharged the batteries. Soccer (fml that I calm it soccer instead of football now) tonight with Byron (guy I commentated on that won the 10k 6max) team. Should be pretty fun.

Can't explain how pumped I am right now though. I really don't care about the beats and the whatever run outs, all I care about is playing fucking awesome. It's so stimulating to realyl test yourself and really push yourself. The one thing is that post game analysis is very tough as you're unable to leak find etc.

There's very few good tournaments left, as in non standard ones. There's a 5k turbo, 3k 6max and then the main event.

I'm still not 100% about the one drop. I've sold the action for it etc, just totally depends how I feel on the day. Could have probably sold at Mark up and free rolled the whole thing. But I don't really like doing it like that.

Best friend comes here on July 1st so from then will play very little poker I guess.

Thinking about post vegas already, just being able to register so many tournaments in one day I'd really sick. Big, big props to all Americans who can't move out the country for whatever reason and keep their heads and mindset in the right track playing live poker it must be really tough, they have all my respect when previously I was just "lol live poker players"

Think I've learned a lot about myself and others on this trip, whatever happens it has been a success.

A friend told me btw that this guy who bluffed 33 May have read the blog or had info passed on to him regarding me potentially hero folding too much. Pretty sick of that's true.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 25, 2015, 04:10:35 AM »

Interesting hand from yesterday. What do I have?

Starting table of the 2.5k, I've raised 4 out of first 5 pots playing 5 handed. UTG opens to 400 at 150bb, 12.5k stacks Jason Duval flats co, they say at least were going to see a flop, I tank in bb and then call

Flop ATJr, checks through.

Turn ATJ4, checks to Jason he gets 650, I tank/call

River ATJ4T, I tank and lead 1750

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
engy

View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 25, 2015, 04:36:25 AM »

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 25, 2015, 08:36:07 AM »

ace ten

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »

KQ

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: June 25, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »

So there was something that really played on my mind and why I think I have this mindset in the high rollers. In the first 25k in Malta I played, somebody who played against me told a mutual friend that they thought I didn't play good and was trying to win every pot and that I'm "probably better online" that kinda hurt because in that tournament I made 3 really big folds despite only playing half of day 1. I felt like everybody around me was playing pretty awful and spewy and trying to win every pot but because this mutual friend (one of the big German hedge fund backers) was honest enough to tell me I felt really bad. I told him that somebody had told me something and he told he he was probably trying to just pity me.

Ever since then I've reacted to bad beats in the higher buy ins really bad. For example when I lost KK v AK in the 4th level of the 10k 6max I felt very unhappy, when I lost KK v AJ vs Dan Smith in the 25k in Malta on day 1 I felt very, very, very unhappy. When I lost with KK vs QQ in level 30 or something with 20 left in the extended play I felt really relatively fine. Whenever I've busted any of these 1500s I've felt pretty chill, but whenever I bust a 10k+ I've ran  very poorly and really let it effect me. I've realised its a big thing behind my overall problem, I guess I want to be accepted as a high roller guy who is one of the better player in the fields, but I know without the results and successes these guys have had in very small sample sizes I won't and shouldn't be held in similar regard.

I was showering before and this all kind of clicked and made sense to me, the reason why I get so depressed after 10k+ buy ins is because I want people to think I'm good, but moving forward that attitude will and has changed dramatically. I want to be personally happy and want to accept myself for playing well in the day. In the 10k 6max in the first 4 levels I was so, so so happy, really proud of myself, and then because I busted I was really unhappy, thats not how it should be.

This is my first year in vegas, I think its taught me a lot and I'm really happy with where my mind is right now. I'm ready for the one drop and I just want to come out of that tournament with no regrets and feeling completely awesome about how I've played. Previously I didn't think I'd play it because I didn't want poker to make me feel unhappy, but now I feel great.

I realise this has also cost me money in high stakes cash games, instead of playing what I'd consider to be completely optimal in every decision, I've thought about the money in certain spots or passed up spots I knew were definitely good. Moving forward now I'm just so focussed and mentally excited about how good I can actually play. Again I'm kind of confused about how I can actually learn and improve without post game analysis which has been a huge key for my development and making me better than others simply from a POV that I'll spend 2 hours pre session and they won't. I see Jonathan Little writes down every key hand or even interesting hand into a big notepad and then analyses it afterwards. I think I'm going to do that and will post the hands in here for discussion.

I'm currently working on concepts that could potentially be really bad, I'm leading a lot in spots where I didn't have the initiative on the previous street and I'm over betting a lot. I can't work out if my plays are really great or not, as often after the hand I forget sizings etc, for the next week I'll be writing the exact details of the hands and then trying to work out if I was clicking buttons or not.

Just going quickly back to the German thing, there has been a lot of incidences this summer when people have commented how aggressive or crazy I am when I've been playing really tight. I folded J9o on the button and then AJo UTG on a table and then opened MP and two guys in the hand commented how aggressive I was. Jonathan Little thinks I'm literally mental and I've always played super tight against him. Other cases this series of me raising for the first time and everybody being like OMG you're so crazy. I have no idea why they think this, maybe because of my demeanour, posture, look? I don't know. I definitely should consider this when making exploitative bluffs because my "image" should be good! Maybe my image is just always bad even when it SHOULD be good.

Sorry for random ramblings, just different things flowing through my mind atm.

Some live a-ha moments perhaps.

Football was pretty fun today, team was me, Byron Kaverman (just won 10k 6max) Matt Waxman, DNTHNRMEPLS (one of biggest crushers in world in high stakes cg, NUTSINHO and some other high stakes guys. Waxman got sent off for arguing with the ref Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: June 25, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »

First year in Vegas?   Didn't I meet you in vegas a couple of years ago?  Every chance I am losing it though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: June 25, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »

The way you describe people you are with/spend time with I think highlights your "problem" with wanting people to respect you.

Xx " winner of this"

Xx "crusher of this"

I believe you want them to describe you as pads sicko at this etc, and I don't really understand why.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: June 25, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »

awww cute, you think people in live poker tournaments are actually watching what happens before reaching their conclusions on your image

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: June 25, 2015, 11:15:47 AM »

You would hate it in Vegas 6 months trust me, there will likely be a point in the next 4 weeks you would pay 10k to snap your fingers and be anywhere else in the world lol

No one ever listens to lil dave, whats he ever done.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6944 on: June 25, 2015, 11:22:42 AM »

You would hate it in Vegas 6 months trust me, there will likely be a point in the next 4 weeks you would pay 10k to snap your fingers and be anywhere else in the world lol

No one ever listens to lil dave, whats he ever done.

he's an utter grimming bastard that's why!
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: