blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1426256 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: July 01, 2015, 12:13:08 AM »

I have seven people at my one drop table under 30 and every hand is taking four minutes or more. Is this how poker happens these days?

I sound so old...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: July 01, 2015, 12:41:53 AM »

I have seven people at my one drop table under 30 and every hand is taking four minutes or more. Is this how poker happens these days?

I sound so old...

Table number & room?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: July 01, 2015, 12:44:19 AM »

I sound so old...

Sadly, yes.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: July 01, 2015, 01:25:55 AM »

I sound so old...

It's a bit like those old gangster movies when every time a baddy got shot he took a couple of minutes to roll around a bit before dieing.

Anyway enough semantics are you skooling dem kidz with your uptown moves?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: July 01, 2015, 05:31:54 AM »

I sound so old...

It's a bit like those old gangster movies when every time a baddy got shot he took a couple of minutes to roll around a bit before dieing.

Anyway enough semantics are you skooling dem kidz with your uptown moves?

Tongue largely bitten, my remaining chips were redistributed at about 4:15pm.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: July 01, 2015, 05:34:46 AM »

I sound so old...

Table number & room?

One in the middle of Prime in Bellagio.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: July 01, 2015, 05:36:49 AM »

I sound so old...

Table number & room?

I'm not accepting any bok blame this time, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: July 01, 2015, 06:22:59 AM »

I sound so old...

Table number & room?

Absolutely.

Never thought I'd want to bust a World Series of Poker event, let alone my first. Quite a change of emotion from the sweaty-palmed excitement at the off. Could take losing with Kings and Aces and with AK on a King-high flop without any difficulty (it's poker!) but the concentrated, arrogant misery of the table was almost intolerable. They certainly weren't getting a second bullet from me. It's only a game, lads.

Shame, but there we are.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: July 01, 2015, 07:16:01 AM »

I sound so old...

Table number & room?

Absolutely.

Never thought I'd want to bust a World Series of Poker event, let alone my first. Quite a change of emotion from the sweaty-palmed excitement at the off. Could take losing with Kings and Aces and with AK on a King-high flop without any difficulty (it's poker!) but the concentrated, arrogant misery of the table was almost intolerable. They certainly weren't getting a second bullet from me. It's only a game, lads.

Shame, but there we are.

It's astonishing, isn't it, how many missogs there are in poker tournaments, who don't seem to be able to manage a smile.

It really does not look or seem like they are enjoying it. It may be they just want to look cool, or maybe they just don't enjoy it, I really don't know.

Strange times indeed. 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »

Fun video from teambudapest I found today. I'm amazed at the guy limping 26bbs with 99, but apparently I like it!

edit to correct link
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:55:31 AM by Ironside » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: July 01, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »

Fun video from teambudapest I found today. I'm amazed at the guy limping 26bbs with 99, but apparently I like it!

FYL
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: July 03, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »

Best friend arrived in town and decided to just chill with him every day (he's living with me) and then play the main event.

Yesterday a bunch of us went out, we went for drinks then started to gamble a little bit. Rob Tinnion and I had a roulette consortium, but it went from bad to worse pretty quickly. It seemed like a good idea to put 600 on, in and around 17 and somehow out of somewhere it came in. The night went from wild to wilder and details will be spared but we got back and into bed at around 9am.

Woke up late the next day and went for dinner which was really good then played Paigow in the Wynn(got murdered) Chinese in rio (got absolutely murdered) 3 card poker in rio (got murdered) roulette in rio (got murdered) so morale was pretty low. Went for massage (legit!) as I was just feeling pretty annoyed and stressed out. Not going to really gamble anymore, haven't lost any big money or anything close to that and had some good wins too, but just a little bit over it, can enjoy Vegas without swinging thousands every day.

Really looking forward to the main event, one last chance!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: July 03, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »

Here are my Vegas tournament results:

Basically a small winner after everything, had some good cash sessions, some bad cash sessions, but in general have basically broken even which is totally fine.

Gave myself 3 really good shots, 14th in $10k plo (day 3), 22nd in $1500 Extended levels (day 4) and 35th in the $1500 6max.

I'm happy with how I've played and look forward to playing online moving forward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HkpsHPMVtbd0TfzsuJEGBgAjgDSRlYveHcUgqaoDHIM/edit#gid=0

I'm actually going to move to the opposite side of Budapest  (from Pest to Buda) and get a big house with a lake and garden to be with my dogs. I really missed them whilst I was here and very thankful for Ingrid for looking after them whilst being very, very ill. 

I will not grind super hard before Barcelona, maybe 2-3 times a week. Will be going very hard in Barcelona, playing a lot of events and really pushing the boundaries there. All of my stable will hopefully be going and we're renting a really big villa so its going to be very fun.

After Barcelona I will be spending a lot of time on my stable rather than playing, by the end of the year the business model of the stable will change and it will hopefully be a very exciting company.

Going to carry on blogging, maybe even twitching depending on a few stuff.

Really looking forward to the main event like I said, going to hopefully do some very big reports during it for hopefully 8 days straight.

My best friend who I'm living with is very likely going to play it and will be selling at 1.15-1.18ish. I speak poker with him all the time, he doesn't play online or live tournaments, just live cash, but I grew up playing poker with him for years and years, we learned the game together and he's def very good. I'm living with him in vegas so obviously will be helping him a lot and speaking a lot about poker, I know he's definitely +Ev at this price. I'll also be taking 20-30% which is by far my biggest piece of series. hmu if you interested.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: July 03, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »

If there was one person in the world who would have a piece of in the main (ignoring mark up) who could it be and why?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: July 03, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »

Fedor. He's very good against bad players and very good against good players. Closely followed by dpeters for same reasons.

I bet them both vs Dan Smith and Ole in the 500k today.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: