blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1426050 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: November 28, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »

Good luck to you in London

Shame your company did not have the decency to even send a reply to the recent job opportunity I applied for but thats life

I applied for 50+ jobs in Glasgow over a 1 month period that I didn't get a reply to.

It's not uncommon.

Patrick offered the job on here to Blonde posters.

Even if Horsey wasn't the ideal candidate, Pads should have at least dropped him a note saying "thanks but no thanks" or something.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: November 28, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »

Hey, I'm not involved in any form of HR until final decision after interviews. There is big process before I'm involved, but standard protocol is to say thanks but no thanks in general.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: November 29, 2016, 12:34:19 AM »

In the QT hand i think betting flop will be better. AT6fd is real coordinated, our percieved range needs to protect against it. I do think checking will make koz think you are capping ypur range. So on the turn you will be lighter in general. I get the feeling koz may think you will bet this flop so so often that your range is weak. As for the bet raise jam. Think theres a lot less fds than the 15 you gave for villain. And suprised you dont have any 1pair hands in that range. Surely if he can just flat AK AQ pre he can do that with them on the turn?

To win at poker is to not have to play
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: November 29, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

Hey, I'm not involved in any form of HR until final decision after interviews. There is big process before I'm involved, but standard protocol is to say thanks but no thanks in general.

I was nodding my head in agreement then I realised you aren't the head of HSBC Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: November 29, 2016, 10:49:48 PM »

I was nodding my head in agreement then I realised you aren't the head of HSBC Smiley

Rofl

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: November 29, 2016, 11:32:49 PM »

Pretty sure offering the job up in the first place classes as HR.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: November 29, 2016, 11:35:40 PM »

Good luck to you in London

Shame your company did not have the decency to even send a reply to the recent job opportunity I applied for but thats life

Pretty sure that if you were still potentially in the running you now won't be but I guess that's life too.

Nothing like burning a few bridges when the opportunity arises.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: November 30, 2016, 02:23:28 AM »

haha, not yet Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: November 30, 2016, 02:37:32 AM »

haha, not yet Smiley

Are you not the head of Hungarian Steak eating British Crew out there?  Smiley

I'm sure there is a better acronym but given 20 secs to think of one....
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: November 30, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »

High Stakes Backing Consortium? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: December 09, 2016, 02:57:59 AM »

Made day 2 of the 10k main event with 80k, nice stack coming back tomorrow.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: December 11, 2016, 05:24:51 AM »

So, been in Prague for a few days now, very nearly tilt flew home after 2 days, but managed to keep myself here.

First (only so far) MTT was the 10k high roller.

Played really good day 1 except and finished with 80k, started day 2 really good and got to over 100k, a "Reg" decided to punt 99 vs my Aces pre flop for a really big stack and by the river he has quads and I was soon out the door. Was very close to getting into an argument with a really arrogant reg from the circuit, but managed to bite my tongue, glad I did that. Was such an amazing tournament and felt really in the zone, kinda sad to lose the 80/20, but thats poker Smiley

Grinded online tonight, had some good runs and overall extremely confident. Have been playing a bit more 100bb cash games with good results too.

Tomorrow have a pretty tough decision whether to play the 50k in Prague or to play an online session, really haven't made my mind up yet, will work it out when I wake up. I wish I could do both, will have around 20% of myself in the 50k if I do decide to play, probably with 5-8% roi so will make around 500-800e + a little bit from mark up that I sold, so lets say 1200e. Online I'll play around a 10k schedule and should have a 30-40% roi, so money wise playing online makes sense, but if 50k doesn't go well and I'm out I can still play online. I made day 2 of the weekender, so that might help with the decision.

Kinda oi Prague, as usual Cheesy really just looking forward to the future of moving to London and living there with a new start and new goals towards my health, career and poker. First problem is we have to move the dogs to London and fly them there which means they are put in cages and shipped on a flight, they will be absolutely petrified and aren't the most calm dogs in those kinds of situations, so hope that works out OK, my Mum said today when the flight lands you don't get to see them for 2 hours, seems a little ridiculous.

Once we get there, all our stuff gets shipped over from Budapest of 3rd January, so it will be around 10th January before everything is calm and we can feel "at home".

Have been thinking really seriously about buying a serious football team in England, potentially even thinking about doing some kind of kickstarter/crowdfunding or just raising investment for it.

Amateur teams that do youtube footage like Manny, Spencerfc, Palmers Fc etc gets literally millions and millions of views, some of their stuff is doing very amateurely but people just love the concept.

Having a new team funded in a new way with serious ambitions that allow viewers to make decisions on a regular basis such as team selections, kit etc could be part funded basically from advertisements both on youtube and boardings around the pitch from companies that know millions of people online (and a certain demographic) will be able to see. In these kind of amateur leagues, lets say tier 6-10 of English football money really does talk and if you're able to get the better players in the league whilst it doesn't guarantee success it definitely helps! It would also be a really fun and cool project and would love blogging about it here and I have a few pretty good connections in the game that could help out. Watch this space Wink

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: December 11, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »

Made day 2 of the €50,000 SHR with 617,000 (avg 350) time for the 500 turbo 6m on @partypoker

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: December 11, 2016, 10:40:12 PM »

Made day 2 of the €50,000 SHR with 617,000 (avg 350) time for the 500 turbo 6m on @partypoker

50k big stuff

maybe forget the $500 and get some sleep   Smiley

all the best for day 2 mate
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8324 on: December 11, 2016, 11:35:10 PM »

Good Luck!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: