blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424711 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: January 02, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »

Happy New Year Pads,

All the best with the new house and moving back to England.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8356 on: January 02, 2017, 02:58:01 PM »

Happy New Year Pads,

All the best with the new house and moving back to England.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 03, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »

Started a blog. Goal? To make $5m in 2017 and update our progress/updates/setbacks and provide free quality content http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-amp-challenges/5m-profit-2017-best-business-1646916/

Will keep posting here for personal stuff ofc Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: January 03, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »

$5mill?  Shocked

Good luck, I hope you do it, hard work and dedication deserves success....
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 03, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »

$5mill?  Shocked

This year was a little over $4.5m but we probably ran a little bit over expectation.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: January 03, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »

$5mill?  Shocked

This year was a little over $4.5m but we probably ran a little bit over expectation.

Ok we, I thought you were talking about you personally  Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: January 03, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »

$5mill?  Shocked

How are you planning to achieve this? Is it by growth of the stable or just running even more over expectation?

A link in your sig would be useful to get to the thread occasionally as I'm not a 2+2 user. I'll be very interested to follow this as I love the whole concept of staking as a business rather than as a bit of a spin and you clearly run it professionally.

How many are in the stable now? I seem to remember a goal of 130 a while back or have I just dreamt that?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: January 03, 2017, 04:05:02 PM »

$5mill?  Shocked

How are you planning to achieve this? Is it by growth of the stable or just running even more over expectation?

A link in your sig would be useful to get to the thread occasionally as I'm not a 2+2 user. I'll be very interested to follow this as I love the whole concept of staking as a business rather than as a bit of a spin and you clearly run it professionally.

How many are in the stable now? I seem to remember a goal of 130 a while back or have I just dreamt that?

Is it just horses to get to the $5m and is it live as well as online?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: January 03, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »

Hey.

Just horses yeah.

We currently have 70ish guys, we should get to 100 at the end of the year, I'd like a little more though. We could easily have 250-300 profitable guys but our business model only allows us to take a certain kind of guy.

Regarding how we will get to the goal, this time last year there was only me and the other owners coaching. We have 10 of probably the best 20 players in the world coaching our guys day in day out now so naturally they should improve. Our players let's say played on average $x abi at y roi, both of these should improve.

As we do things more professionally/run things more efficiently it will leave less error on our side. We didn't use to analyse thjngs her well 1 year ago, now we have a full time guy analyzing everything for us so that everything we do is optimal.

My goal is to build the brand massively this year and then we will start shorting people in tournaments or letting people buy action of anybody in the world.

2018 WSOP main event for example we want amateurs to buy % of Negreanu/Hellmuth or whoever else. In any high roller we will short every reg in the fields, give better price to investors tHan the mark up they sell at etc. there's some other stuff I want to do too, first of all we have to have a good brand and a successful history of making money and improving our business processes day in day out.

We will use the thread to update boring parts of what makes a successful company. Meetings we have, tough decisions we have to make, how we move people up/down stakes etc

I'm sure we do this better than anybody else but I'm also sure we are far far far far far far far x100 from perfect.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: January 03, 2017, 05:16:21 PM »

If you're making good money as you are then there's a lot to be said about maintaining your current size rather than push to get bigger.

Do you think there would be diminishing returns as you got bigger? I assume you've taken the pick of the available players so you'd be getting profitable guys but necessarily as profitable as the ones you already have?

More players mean more coaching so there's that cost to bear between you.

Also at a certain point you're all presumably just playing against each other and feeding the rake machine? The more players you have the closer you get to that point. Got to leave a few players out there to play against and win money off....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: January 03, 2017, 06:03:04 PM »

Started a blog. Goal? To make $5m in 2017 and update our progress/updates/setbacks and provide free quality content http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-amp-challenges/5m-profit-2017-best-business-1646916/

Will keep posting here for personal stuff ofc Smiley

I think that might be my first ever 2p2 thread subscription Cheesy

Best of luck with it all, will follow with interest!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: January 03, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »

If you're making good money as you are then there's a lot to be said about maintaining your current size rather than push to get bigger.

Do you think there would be diminishing returns as you got bigger? I assume you've taken the pick of the available players so you'd be getting profitable guys but necessarily as profitable as the ones you already have?

Also at a certain point you're all presumably just playing against each other and feeding the rake machine? The more players you have the closer you get to that point. Got to leave a few players out there to play against and win money off....

As an aside to Matt's points how many of the 70 do you budget to leave the programme and go it alone given they are all big winners?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: January 03, 2017, 06:29:29 PM »

As an aside to Matt's points how many of the 70 do you budget to leave the programme and go it alone given they are all big winners?

Regarding getting more players. I'm sure there are 50-100 guys that are currently staked and making 100k/year, makes me sick/sad that we aren't staking them Cheesy I'm sure we can help them in some way to both increase their happiness and their ev. Once you get to 130+ you have too many guys playing in the same games and decreasing each others ev, would be good for us to have 200 guys all winning at 15% roi than 130 guys winning at 20% roi, but we try to make favourable conditions for all players.

Regarding people leaving, people have generally not done well after leaving us, having a support group is the most important thing in poker, if they go alone they will quickly fall behind the curve because out 13 coaches are all making sure they implement things 1-6 months before the competition and staying ahead thus being able to make higher rois.

We will lose probably 5 good horses throughout the year and another 5-10 weaker horses i imagine.

We ran some stat that players playing for us rather than for themselves over the data we have they make on average 62% more playing for us.

Often a guy will come in the stable, playing high stakes previously with abi of $100+, we look at everything, evaluate everything and tell him that right now is current ability is that of a $30-40 abi guy, if he puts in the effort he can get back to $130 abi but this time with 3x better roi. In this time over the first couple months if he doesn't show huge desire and commitment we will just have to get rid of him as it will be impossible for him to succeed. The easiest people to coach are the guys with no egos, and generally they aren't the guys who have previously played way too high.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: January 03, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »

Regarding getting more players. I'm sure there are 50-100 guys that are currently staked and making 100k/year, makes me sick/sad that we aren't staking them Cheesy I'm sure we can help them in some way to both increase their happiness and their ev. Once you get to 130+ you have too many guys playing in the same games and decreasing each others ev, would be good for us to have 200 guys all winning at 15% roi than 130 guys winning at 20% roi, but we try to make favourable conditions for all players.

Regarding people leaving, people have generally not done well after leaving us, having a support group is the most important thing in poker, if they go alone they will quickly fall behind the curve because out 13 coaches are all making sure they implement things 1-6 months before the competition and staying ahead thus being able to make higher rois.

We will lose probably 5 good horses throughout the year and another 5-10 weaker horses i imagine.

We ran some stat that players playing for us rather than for themselves over the data we have they make on average 62% more playing for us.

Often a guy will come in the stable, playing high stakes previously with abi of $100+, we look at everything, evaluate everything and tell him that right now is current ability is that of a $30-40 abi guy, if he puts in the effort he can get back to $130 abi but this time with 3x better roi. In this time over the first couple months if he doesn't show huge desire and commitment we will just have to get rid of him as it will be impossible for him to succeed. The easiest people to coach are the guys with no egos, and generally they aren't the guys who have previously played way too high.

Sure i get that totally.  That's why i never applied!!!   Cheesy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: January 03, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »

2016 review in full. Long year!

https://www.bitb-staking.com/2017/01/03/pads1161-2016-summary/

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: