blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421393 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »

How can you raise to 2455? And seriously, WTF did you fold?

I have no idea how much I raised to, was anywhere from 2400-2600. just like i had no idea how much he shoved for, just around 25-30k. And yeah folded.

Why ??
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »

I was going to fold if it was that amount and I genuinely thought he thought I said call because of dealer. I didn't want any reverse karmas, I was still winnning a shit load on the bubble but ofc not as much as the 25k. I thought for a minute or so about it and smiled and folded. I felt really good after it, but the next day I woke up and thought.. what a cock. But I'm unsure now if I regret it or not.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 20, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »

smooth bastard.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 20, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »

so comp goes on, I get it in against matey who now has 30k or so with AQ v Q10. I flop AA2, turn J, river K. Fucking karma!

I build back up and win AQ v AJ. Win alotof nonshowdown, have 80k and get it in against the main pokertube guy Eddydcub or whatever, AJ v k3, he sighs, his 15 man rail sighs, my 15 man rail snores at home.

xxxx, everybody still sighing, K on river. BOOOOOOOOOM.

His rail go wild, jumping, hollering, inyaface etc etc, they go abit OTT, but I don't really mind. We get moved table, 10 left.. folds to my SB, I have 12bbs and jam KJcc, he has A2 in the big and tank calls. 37459 board later and im ooot.

gg lads.

comedy thing is at 4am when there is 3 left they move them over to the Grosvenor (they were at the Hilton) because the Hilton's license finishes t 4am. Such a clart on. Guy who decimated me with k3 wins it obv.

Didn't wanna win anyway obv.

OBV IS OBV!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 20, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »

if you carry on making these decisions based on all this karma bs its gonna bite u in the ass harder than it did there.

im all for being a nice guy and acting with proper etiquette, being a good ambassador/role model whatever. but when it comes to stuff like that, you're playing for a living. you're playing to make money, and you havent done anything wrong, or even slightly dodgy to get the guy to show his cards. its a dealer mistake / also slightly his mistake for turning his cards over.

mistakes happen. anyone logically or rational and im sure you are when you make poker decisions shouldnt give a shit about "karma".

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 20, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »

Ok so I had been in the UK for 8 hours, I hadn['t slept and I was fucking tired. I had a bed and I was shattered, but obv I swerved sleeping and went to the 6max.

First table is hilar soft. I have 4 fish and Dominic Kay who is obviously at least very decent. I stack him with set vs overpair and then stack up off the weak table. I fold KK pre and I'm right which is very hard in a £100 6max turbo. Hero folds ftw Smiley

Anyway I move onto next table and I have my good friend Nathan on my left. After 2 orbits I go on to win 15 pots in succesion. Seriously 15 pots, pretty sick. I've chipped up and I am chip leader when there is 16 of us left, 15 paying. The guy on m,y left is a very nice guy, he has a rail of 20 and he really really wants to win, we have been chatting and I've beaten him up pretty badly. I've won 8 hands in a row on the pure bubble as him and 2 taxi drivers try to fold to a hendon mob. FLAGS FTW!!!!

Folds to my button and I raise to 2455 at 600/1200, he jams and I look at the dealer and say count. The dealer says call? And I say count. The guy hears call I guess and flips 66, I have 77. I had it in my mind that if he had under 18 or whatever I was calling and 22+ I was probably goingto fold. I don't turn my hand over (I had already had a 1 round penalty previously sighhhhhh) and find out its like 26-29k not exactly sure what it was. I have like 65-70k

I fold.

Please don't all shout at me Sad

In before good Karma, WTF ?

I'm definitely in the 'be a nice guy at the tables' camp, and there have been situations in cash games where I felt giving someone they're money back etc was the right move. However, here I think it's different. Your opponent made a mistake, and now he's revealed his hand. You've got information that considerably now favours a call, and I would make it.

And who knows, this might have been the good karma you were due from the breakfast/homeless people story?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:25 PM »

I didnt do this to get good karma.

I didnt buy the homeless guys breakfast for good karma.

I did it at the timebecause I thought it was the right thing, but obv reflecting I'm having second thoughts.

I folded and the guy got a 1 round penalty, if I called would the dealer get a one round penalty?

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »

I woulda called and said i was gonna call anyway
even tho u know u was gonna fold to the shove

but then again i am a nob

Just me
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »

Wait for a better spot

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2011, 03:16:20 AM »

Never folding. Had you looked at the payout structure and worked out how many ££ you set fire to by folding I don't think you would have folded either

Until they start the Nobel Prize for Poker there are no prizes for giving out freebies i'm afraid, especially not when you may regret it afterwards

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2011, 03:31:15 AM »

Wait for a better spot

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:16 AM »

boba wins thread

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 21, 2011, 05:27:01 AM »

Boba wins life.

Enjoying reading this thread Pads, added it to my list of regular reading topics!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:11 AM »

After running really bad over last couple weeks was pretty angry in life and probably took it out on a few people irl. Last night 15 people or so took me to Spain for Tapas and then went to this huge fair with stalls and rollercoasters etc.

There was this football thing where you get 2 shots and have to score twice, its almost impossible, but somehow managed to bink it twice for the huge prize.

Ingrid went on the huge rollercoaster which was absolutely ridic, I obv held her bag whilst she did it with the others, sure am getting on something that big made my Spanish people.

Got a viewiing for a 4 bedroom townhouse in Spain tonight after work. I currently live in a modern apartment with communal swimming pool/really clsoe to work so will be interesting living on the other side of the border and in a bigger yet probably not as nicely furnished house.

On the pro side, we will have lots of spare rooms for visitors to want to soak up some Spanish sun this weekend.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »

Signed for a house last night Cheesy:D:D

It's a 4 bedroom townhouse with a really good room for playing poker, a really good kitchen for Ingrid and great outdoor space for the dog. We have lots of fruit tree's in the garden which has a little water feature and a big roof terrace which has the sun in the the day. The rooms are really big/nice and its only 2 minutes away from the beach.

We will hopefully move within a month.

<3

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: