blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1426248 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: June 15, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »

Special choppy scissors hahaha, thinning scissors man!

Know what u mean about the ones who take ages though, makes you rage inside.

You'd have no idea Tom. Like he'd pull the tiniest length of
hair and take one feeble clip.

we going to win 50k tomorrow or what?

I feel your pain man. And we're so due ffs!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 15, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »

Be careful what u wish for. My bro, when he was 11 went into the hairdressers by himself for the first time, wanted a two back and sides and short on top with scissors. Unassisted by Mother for the first time he only goes and gets a two all over. He told me the first thing the hairdresser did was do a reverse mohecian and he nearly cried.

Things could have been worse sir, rather too long than too short!

Bang up Vegas btw please.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: June 15, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »

Posher hairdresser ftw

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-google&source=android-home&site=webhp&source=hp&ei=UyG8Ub3VDIrL0AXCnoHgCg&q=toni+and+guy+hungary&oq=toni+and+guy+hun&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.41j0j0i22i30.2759.10057.0.11618.17.11.0.6.6.0.136.1066.8j3.11.0...0.0...1c.1.17.mobile-gws-hp.FL8bVjevW5U&rlz=1Y1PGWF_en___GB490

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: June 15, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »

Day 15 - 6max MTT DOLTS

Ok, so this will be a little bit of a rant at MTT players and then hopefully some justification at the end.

I've watched a bunch of interviews of players in the WSOP, perhaps every English speaking WSOP interview over the last 3 years! One thing I've heard over 20 times is "6max is my favourite type of tournament" "Im the best at 6max tournaments" "6max tournaments is where I excel.

Link to one I just watched:

So later in the interview we get the "oh yeah im awesome at 6max line"

Which could definitely be true, maybe she plays a lot of 6max cash games and understands things, but from my reckoning shes an MTT pro, or player, whatever.

So the first misconception is that they think they are better.

1a - I am better at 6max tournaments

This is generally because 1) Theres less people so you naturally win a higher % of pots, your cut off and button get more walks so you can steal and cbet and sometimes double barrel and win, for full ring grinders they start thinking, wow Im super good at 6max I win so many pots and completely run over the table.

It is also because 6max is higher variance thus more chance of building a stack or busting. Dynamics naturally grow quicker, because you get more walks to your button you steal more and thus your opponent starts to get a sample size on you a lot quicker and ca adjust quicker and thus the dynamic increase.

Example.

Full ring tournament, you get a walk on your button once out of every 10 times, 6max you get your button once out of every 3 times. So it takes 18 orbits for you to have stolen the blinds 5 times rather than 100 orbits like in full ring. So the sb plays back after the third or 4th time and naturally tens vs aq becomes a monster and thus there is higher variance and more times dolts have managed to accumulate chip stacks and then when selling for a 6max tournament in the future they naturally assume they are HUGE value at 1.2, I mean this one time i won 4 high variance flips and stole the blinds and cbet a bunch, I must be amazing value amirite?

2- Totally disjointed, terrible wide ranges.

People usually expect, oh this kid is a online cash game player he is going to be carazzzzyyyy, when in reality it is the MTT players who completely over adjust. I would imagine the online cash game players use a range something similar to (I designed this)

Now I am SURE that these MTT guys are opening significantly wider than this from UTG, I know for a fact that they completely over adjust and think raising Q2dd utg is going to be fine, when in reality vs good players its going to be a disaster and they gonna get mauled.

Not understanding position or pot control

This is one of the reasons that raising wider UTG may not be that bad. These guys think that because its 6max you HAVE to 3bet and peeling is wrong. This is so innacurate. For example cut off opens and we're on the button we should do something similar to:

Yellow is call, red is 3bet/broke, blue is 3b/fold.

But these guys are going apeshit and 3betting hands which are just slam dunk calls.

Lets just think from a theory perspective, if a guy is opening hands as weak as Q2, how is the best way to exploit this?

1) 3bet hands like KQ, QJ, QTs that absolutely dominate his range and pot control while we are in position and can extract so much value later

2) Actually let him get away with opening so wide and trying to punish him with immediate profit and risk him getting batshit and 4betting q2 (which often they do as well) rather than trying to seek maximum ev from the hand.

There are lots of other ways where cash games players have a huge edge over these guys and it really infuriates me to seeing them all say how good they are without understanding the basics behind 6max and would be fairly confident that with their style they wouldnt beat nl10 online.

#justclickingbuttons #winningraces #lolvariance #dolts

I strive to play as much 6max tournaments in Vegas, the Venetian has 2 $1600 20k stack 1 hour blind levels and there is a $2.5k 4max WSOP event which I think will look tougher on paper than it actually is.

Dont get me wrong, lots of these guys will be awesome at poker and will adjust really well, Brammer for example is a boss at 6max tournaments.

For further delusion about how people think:

Pretty annoying, how deluded these guys can be and probably have made a lot of money from Full Tilt from sponsorship.

3 more sleep.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: June 15, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »

Wow what a #dolt

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »

I'm not calling the girl a dolt btw, she comes across great/fine.

The second guy is a confirmed dolt though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »

I have an ESTA sorted online, do I need to have it printed out when I go to the airport or if it is done it will automatically be tagged to my passport?

jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 15, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »

Print it out anyway . I never needed mine but you never know
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 15, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »

So Tuesday is going to be a huge fucking trek.

I leave Szeged at 6am.

Arrive in Budapest at 8am and fly at 12am.

Arrive in Paris at 12.30 and fly at 1.40!!!

Leave paris at 1.40 and arrive in New York at 15.50

Leave NY at 19.10 and get to Vegas 22.10

Obviously time zones included so over 24 hour grind.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 15, 2013, 12:35:42 PM »

Personally, I have collected the following data from live 6max games:

a) I have cashed 2/2 times
b) I'm a fat bastard and have more room at the table

From this data I would make the hypothesis that:

a) My expected ROI could not be written down without the use of a caret symbol
b) My diet and lack of exercise makes me more physically suited to the 6max format

Sound logic and reasoning imo.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2815 on: June 15, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »

That's the first WSOP interview I've seen where the interviewee looks coked up to the eyeballs and its in the Seniors event.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: June 15, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »

I'm not calling the girl a dolt btw, she comes across great/fine.

The second guy is a confirmed dolt though.

Yeh obv meant the guy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: June 15, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »

Best place in Vegas to play Omaha 6 card cash?

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »

I would take a copy of the esta as a precaution but I have never had to show it. That journey is going to be a nightmare, you are absolutely gong to hate yourself by the time you get to Vegas.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: June 15, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »

Rofl, sigh.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: