blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416074 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6225 on: December 16, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

Pads you ever applied to be on PokerStars Team Online? You pretty much fill the criteria. You play and win there a lot, you have (several) blogs, you have a fan base, you create content etc etc

You can have Daleroxus spot

Yeah I applied not so long ago actually.

They replied

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

Your email has been forwarded to our Marketing team for their consideration.

Please be aware that we receive many such requests on a daily basis and unfortunately are unable to respond to every one. Nevertheless, all emails are reviewed and carefully considered.

Please note also the Marketing inbox is not monitored on a full-time basis. Thus, if the team would like to discuss the matter further, it may be some time before you receive a reply.

Thank you for your interest in PokerStars!

Regards,

xxx
PokerStars Support Team

Guess they weren't interested. I actually received a few sponsorship offers but obviously I'm somebody who wants to speak my mind and would only represent and be an ambassador for something I truly believed in.

I'm by no means desperate to do it, but it would be cool and I think I could be a role model for younger players too, I said in my application, I'm not a rocket scientist, grand master chess player or even the smartest kid in my class but I actually represent the majority of people and can show with hard work poker isn't the super difficult and unbeatable game that many people claim it currently is.

I think for the UK Jake is a great ambassador by the way, proper role model type and does a very good job. Liv too obv.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »

Serious question and not mean to offend or troll AT ALL. I'm just interested.

You have expressed some fairly controversial political views in the past. I wondered if your views on politics have softened over the years and now you are living away from Gib?

edit: Actually that question is way too broad to be helpful so maybe answer this one instead if you have time....

Do you think living in Budapest has changed your outlook on society at all?

I think currently politically I lose a lot of interest because there is nobody who stands who I think supports what I believe in or believe theres anybody with enough competence to not make a barrel of mistakes.

Living in Budapest definitely has changed my outlook on society. In Gib if you live for 15 years or so you get a free house (which is usually quite nice!) your children get free university education and full funding!! and lots and lots of other perks, they look after their people extremely well and just in general people don't have so much worries.

In Eastern Europe and obviously Budapest there are a lot of homeless people, I'm actually way more involved than you'd think and its actually very coincidental you ask now because I wasn't going to mention it, but I'm in the middle of trying to set up a charity to help homeless people. I've met a lot on the streets, feed many reguarly and give them clothing etc, I'm naturally attracted to the ones who look after dogs too, not just out of pity for the dogs but if these people keep themselves sober and have enough in their heart to look after a dog properly on the street then there is definitely a lot of good in their hearts. Of course there are people on the streets who for want of a different phrase "deserve" to be there, but I'm sure that society has failed them in some way or another.

For example the charity that I want to start will help fathers who have been punished due to the parental laws in Hungary which is something I will try to gain local support to help change it. Basically I'm not 100% sure about the facts and currently trying to clear them up, but basically the father is apparently legally bound to supply all things for the children up to a certain age, if you have 3/4 children which is common in Europe then if you've separated and have a low paid job (national average is incredibly low) then you are very likely unable to "break even" and thus forced onto the streets.

Pretty passionate about this but I guess won't write too much on the blog about it, I'm content with how I try to help society personally, even thought I don't voluntarily pay tax in the country I live in or the country my passport is registered in.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:59 PM »

Isn't 52 Sunday sessions impossible?

Why? Mathematically? If so then 51 Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: December 16, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

[ ] waste less than 2 flights in the year

I'm being thick, what do you mean by this?

[ ] go outside 365 days of the year

Scary that anyone would make this an actual goal, especially a dog guy, but kudos. I know plenty who wont.

I miss a lot of flights, either I book a flight home on the 18th and just fly back on the 14th, or just book a flight to go somewhere but then eventually not go. I guess I save money by booking in advance, but I'm definitely a little blazay about it.

If I'm at a poker tournament, like at Prague its liekly 75% of the days I won't go outside.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: December 16, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »

What are your goals that don't relate to poker or making money?

Great that you're so ambitious but if that's the entirety of your 2015 goals then it needs revision imo to include some good life stuff.

Hmm, like what? Obviously I want to be happy, healthy etc, I'm relatively content with most life stuff right now, I guess before the end of year decide where I want to live in 2016. Also likely will grind SCOOP somewhere like Canada with a better timezone.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »

Shippity Dip
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: December 17, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »

Shippity dippers
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: December 17, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »

HardWorkPaysOff
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: December 17, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »

Play
On
Krush
Every
Race
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: December 17, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

SpinToWin
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:33 AM »

MediumRareStake
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: December 17, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »

wind of heaven .com

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.  ~Arabian Proverb

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: December 17, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »

Up The Ante

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: December 17, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »

Pad's Lads

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: December 17, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

The Nit Squad

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 ... 599 Go Up Print