blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424986 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6285 on: December 29, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

terrible Sunday, consolation was I started very late so damage limitation. I went really deep in the brawl but punted it with 12 left. I was 5/12 with all the short stacks on my table and the chip leader, I opened and he 3bet the button and I jammed 30 with a7, he was playing like 34/28/14 but I never really do that kinda thing. Was very annoyed with myself, won't moan about the other stuff, due to run bad so thats fine and took it pretty well. Thankfully horse won the UKOPs ME to give me another profitable Sunday.

Have been playing a lot of cash games recently, REALLY enjoying them again and have cut MTT's off now, will still be playing 2x a week next year and every night when I play cash I will include the 100r, 3206m, big 109, b162 and the hot 75,55 just from an hourly pov, for me to be playing a lot of the smaller stuff mid week doesn't make too much sense atm. Not sure about posting results there, maybe monthly or something I don'r know, have done well this week but historically this week is the softest of the year.

My birthday on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to, going to a wellness centre then my favourite restaurant, should be good!

I have a problem atm which is my sleeping, apart from tonight, I've been going to bed at 12-1am every day, waking up at 4am and not being able to go back to sleep, being up for 3 hours then sleeping again, pretty weird, never really had this before, any reason why it could be?

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

If you or he are interested, I expect they will show the Final Table at the top of tonight's Show, starting at 7pm. It can be viewed Online as well as on real telly. I'm afraid it's very likely that, for TV purposes, his screen name will be modified.

Is there any way to change screen name?

Little embarrassed by it

For TV purposes tonight, it has already been changed.

No idea if that is a permanent change, or just for the TV.

Surely this was just a brag?  Nice score. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: December 29, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »

Cliffs on name? Or via PM
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: December 29, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

terrible Sunday, consolation was I started very late so damage limitation. I went really deep in the brawl but punted it with 12 left. I was 5/12 with all the short stacks on my table and the chip leader, I opened and he 3bet the button and I jammed 30 with a7, he was playing like 34/28/14 but I never really do that kinda thing. Was very annoyed with myself, won't moan about the other stuff, due to run bad so thats fine and took it pretty well. Thankfully horse won the UKOPs ME to give me another profitable Sunday.

Have been playing a lot of cash games recently, REALLY enjoying them again and have cut MTT's off now, will still be playing 2x a week next year and every night when I play cash I will include the 100r, 3206m, big 109, b162 and the hot 75,55 just from an hourly pov, for me to be playing a lot of the smaller stuff mid week doesn't make too much sense atm. Not sure about posting results there, maybe monthly or something I don'r know, have done well this week but historically this week is the softest of the year.

My birthday on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to, going to a wellness centre then my favourite restaurant, should be good!

I have a problem atm which is my sleeping, apart from tonight, I've been going to bed at 12-1am every day, waking up at 4am and not being able to go back to sleep, being up for 3 hours then sleeping again, pretty weird, never really had this before, any reason why it could be?

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

If you or he are interested, I expect they will show the Final Table at the top of tonight's Show, starting at 7pm. It can be viewed Online as well as on real telly. I'm afraid it's very likely that, for TV purposes, his screen name will be modified.

Little embarrassed by it

For TV purposes tonight, it has already been changed.

No idea if that is a permanent change, or just for the TV.

Surely this was just a brag?  Nice score. 

No idea, you know how easily I get whooshed!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
h

View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: December 29, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

you do know you get your alias engraved on your bracelet

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: December 29, 2014, 01:11:22 PM »

IgotAAids or something like that.  Nothing to be embarrassed about these days.  Long term survival rates have improved enormously.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: December 29, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »

IgotAAids or something like that.  Nothing to be embarrassed about these days.  Long term survival rates have improved enormously.  

I'm sure the winner will be able to take solace that whatever proportion of his winnings he chooses to donate to charities dealing with a disease that kills over a million people a year, will help save lives.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: December 29, 2014, 01:28:34 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

ah god thats so cringe, cant even show it off to the fam. can that be changed tikay?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: December 29, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

ah god thats so cringe, cant even show it off to the fam. can that be changed tikay?

I don't know, but I would imagine so, yes. Leave it with me. For the purposes of the Bracelet, what would you prefer, "J.Gill"?

The screen-name will remain as is, it's just a bit awkward for Sky TV, not Sky Poker as such.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: December 29, 2014, 01:45:59 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

I don't know, but I would imagine so, yes. Leave it with me. For the purposes of the Bracelet, what would you prefer, "J.Gill"?

The screen-name will remain as is, it's just a bit awkward for Sky TV, not Sky Poker as such.

Yes please!

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: December 29, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »

One of the best derails I have ever seen in a diary. Love how when gill chose that screen name, he must have assumed he wouldn't ever win anything :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: December 29, 2014, 02:03:09 PM »

One of the best derails I have ever seen in a diary. Love how when gill chose that screen name, he must have assumed he wouldn't ever win anything :p

Lol

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6296 on: December 29, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

just lose a bit on sky bet and you can do whatever you want thumbs up
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

You not think a sparkly bracelet saying I got Aids is more effective than a red ribbon? 

h

View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: December 29, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »

Ooh, £10,000, very nice.

Little embarrassed by it

congrats   thumbs up

You not think a sparkly bracelet saying I got Aids is more effective than a red ribbon? 

hang on is not half or more of the the  bracelet plenos

surely BITB  engraved on it
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: December 30, 2014, 03:13:55 AM »

Hi Patrick Leonard,

Many happy returns on your birthday.

With regard to the sleeping thing, it could be two things. I'd imagine that sleeping on piles of money feels great for a minute or two but actually you'd be better off with a mattress and pillows like most common folk.

In seriousness though, do you unwind properly after a poker session. Imo when you finish, take the dogs for a walk and then read a book or watch a 30 minute episode of something and then sleep.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: