blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 444 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424372 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #6585 on: May 12, 2015, 05:11:21 AM »

hmmm not sure why it does that.. fixed?

yes

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: May 12, 2015, 11:44:12 PM »

Found myself getting angry when I busted one of last tournaments today, something I said I hadn't felt yesterday, not sure exactly why that was.

Had very good stacks in both the full tilt and 888 high stakes Tuesday tournaments and busted both not too far from the money for really nice stacks AK v 55 and then 55 v AK. Maybe a sign of entitlement starting to creep in? I'm not sure.

Definitely hand of the day.. http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14389732_4A82A7F14A

Worst turn call I've ever seen, no idea how even if he misclicked he didn't lead this river Cheesy

Interesting hand from super tuesday, I think this is the hand I perhaps misplayed most today, maybe its ok though.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14389777_CA4D43067F

I think checking turn may be better than betting but because of the board texture I assumed he will bet qq+ very often on the turn and c/call rivers. I'm not sure if I should check even with that logic, I think its probably best to check and reevaluate the river, obviously not a huge mistake but it played on me for a while.

Interesting triple barrel in SCOOP. On the river no matter what bluff catcher he has he is really going to struggle to put me on a bluff, I think even if he has 2 pair he will/could/should fold often as all my bluffs picked up a pair, think it shows the third barrel is often very important in these kind of spots, also the fact I paired the jack makes it less likely he rivered 2 pair too

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14390398_62BE364C79

Anybody calls this river? Obviously sucks we have the , think calling turn is fine but river seems like a fold, I'm going to c/c everything so I'm not capped or anything and KQ seems like a way better hand to bluff catch here anyway.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14393438_0D748CB7A5

Felt like I played good and focused today anyway, made this relatively tight fold pre where I never ever usually fold, think it was good at the time anyway,

Anyway, 20bbs left in the 1k, will try to spins

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14393789_9057C2C5F1

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: May 13, 2015, 12:40:55 AM »

Quote from: imluckbox;46919811
subbed. GL mate, inspirational thread!

thanks mate, we played yesterday somewhere right? what was it again?

pretty sigh day, "funny" hand in million. had 2 crazy guys behind so flat an open with kings, tighter guy squeezed big so i just went all in as assumed he had a good hand. 25 seconds later he hadn't called, 5..4...3..2..1 and he calls with AA. OK BRO. Went on to lose a flip vs Moormans finance aq v 77 and out in 30th Cheesy Nevermind, was happy to be in for a shot.

Fun hand from yesterday btw Cheesy

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14366791_68E94727C1

Rest of the night didn't play fantastic if I'm 100% honest. Was happy with HU, won first round and then 2nd round had a difficult decision.

Against good sng reg who beat me, most important hand of the match. I hadn't been 3betting much at all, I had flat KK pre and got to a showdown and had been limping/2.5x split strat on the button.  Jam river? Call river? Obviously really crucial pot, all I know is he is very good and plays 5k Hypers, what do you guys think?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14374799_0EA446C441

Two very interesting hands from the 700$ rebuy today.

First one bb is sitting out, ev between 3betting and peeling super close off these stacks, but I think the fact bb is sat out makes it a peel. Flop I think he will be c.f a bunch here as it really favours my range. on the turn most people check, but bet is 100% best, he will call q/jx as they will have t/kx to go with it. also when he does have me beat he will very likely play c/c line with hands like aj, a9 and my sizing will be lower than his river betsizing so i lose less than way too.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14378193_B5DCBA970F

Last hand is against igor kurganov. I think he won't know who I am, perhaps he does, but I'd say like 20% chance, anyway I think my flat pre looks really strong and I can rep overpairs pretty well, he had a very high rfi (34%) so would flat a bunch and thought it let me flat some speculative hands like this that play well in position. I didn't want him to get me off my equity on the turn so decided to raise/gii on the flop, I think he can fold a jack because I just look so strong and if he folds overcards/underpairs or whatever else its a good result, only terrible result is when he has a hand like a4s..

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14381461_5AA309694B

Interested in the 9Tss hand.

How often do you raise a set on that flop v villain?

What do you think of his turn call?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: May 13, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

You need to c+p the raw post and not the version hosted on 2+2 as that will shorten the links to boomplayer..... instead of the full link

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: May 13, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »

Quote from: imluckbox;46919811
subbed. GL mate, inspirational thread!

thanks mate, we played yesterday somewhere right? what was it again?

pretty sigh day, "funny" hand in million. had 2 crazy guys behind so flat an open with kings, tighter guy squeezed big so i just went all in as assumed he had a good hand. 25 seconds later he hadn't called, 5..4...3..2..1 and he calls with AA. OK BRO. Went on to lose a flip vs Moormans finance aq v 77 and out in 30th Cheesy Nevermind, was happy to be in for a shot.

Fun hand from yesterday btw Cheesy

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14366791_68E94727C1

Rest of the night didn't play fantastic if I'm 100% honest. Was happy with HU, won first round and then 2nd round had a difficult decision.

Against good sng reg who beat me, most important hand of the match. I hadn't been 3betting much at all, I had flat KK pre and got to a showdown and had been limping/2.5x split strat on the button.  Jam river? Call river? Obviously really crucial pot, all I know is he is very good and plays 5k Hypers, what do you guys think?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14374799_0EA446C441

Two very interesting hands from the 700$ rebuy today.

First one bb is sitting out, ev between 3betting and peeling super close off these stacks, but I think the fact bb is sat out makes it a peel. Flop I think he will be c.f a bunch here as it really favours my range. on the turn most people check, but bet is 100% best, he will call q/jx as they will have t/kx to go with it. also when he does have me beat he will very likely play c/c line with hands like aj, a9 and my sizing will be lower than his river betsizing so i lose less than way too.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14378193_B5DCBA970F

Last hand is against igor kurganov. I think he won't know who I am, perhaps he does, but I'd say like 20% chance, anyway I think my flat pre looks really strong and I can rep overpairs pretty well, he had a very high rfi (34%) so would flat a bunch and thought it let me flat some speculative hands like this that play well in position. I didn't want him to get me off my equity on the turn so decided to raise/gii on the flop, I think he can fold a jack because I just look so strong and if he folds overcards/underpairs or whatever else its a good result, only terrible result is when he has a hand like a4s..

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14381461_5AA309694B

Interested in the 9Tss hand.

How often do you raise a set on that flop v villain?

What do you think of his turn call?

Hey Keith

I shouldn't really have a set except JJ because of stack sizes pre flop. Im trying to represent qq+ and 2 others +fd. Not sure about his turn call, but he fires multiple bullets in 100k super high rollers so probably was just over it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: May 13, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »

why don't you jam turn? like what diff between 7,5 and 9,x?

don't you get same results? prolly i guess
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: May 13, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »

the times he decides to flat turn instead of shoving i have a 2nd chance token to spin up.

was actually thinking of jamming river to get him to fold kqss lol

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:10 PM »

the times he decides to flat turn instead of shoving i have a 2nd chance token to spin up.

was actually thinking of jamming river to get him to fold kqss lol

Can probably bet 6k then and have more of a bowl to spin up?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: May 16, 2015, 01:37:22 AM »

Kind of feel abit down at the moment, I've mentally been fine over the last month just because I've ran so so so pure buying/swapping pieces that I obviously have no right to complain/don't feel bad at all, but just with the whole brick in Monaco and 3 10th place finishes in Sunday Majors this week has gone really really bad and every day just a very big brick.

I think I'm playing good, but I'm playing way less tables to really concentrate and give my A game meaning that sessions are lasting way less and are a lot shorter. I feel like theres a huge score/deep run just around the corner and whilst I am really focused on SCOOP, my intentions are becoming closer and closer to Vegas. This summer is going to be just ridicuously huge and I can't wait to take it on. I need to keep reminding myself that I have 1 week left before I go to Vegas, I won't be able to play online for almost 10 weeks, I'm going to miss 10 Sundays!!!!! So I really need to make the most of the next week, give it my absolutely everything, avoid all other distractions and just really go for it. I can't feel sorry for myself, I could go the whole time in Vegas and brick the entire schedule, this is the week I just have to really push everything in and go for it. I need to just keep doing what I'm doing. I had one table left today which was the bigger55 after I had just busted the $1000r, $2100 shootout, $215 shootout, $109r, $109r and $320 6max and I just punted the b55 off as thought recovering and resting for tomorrow is best, but for the next 10 days I won't register that tournament anymore.

I made a schedule for Vegas, if anybody wants to buy a piece I'm only accepting $ in Vegas, as I don't particuarly want to sell but at the MU + getting cash in Vegas I will feel ok.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HkpsHPMVtbd0TfzsuJEGBgAjgDSRlYveHcUgqaoDHIM/edit#gid=0

5 different packages, I had a lot of people messaging me asking about if I was selling, I think its a fair/good value package. Like I said, only taking $ in Vegas at the start of the series unless I know you better. Will be playing everything except maybe package E.

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: May 16, 2015, 02:21:32 AM »

I had one table left today which was the bigger55 after I had just busted the $1000r, $2100 shootout, $215 shootout, $109r, $109r and $320 6max and I just punted the b55 off as thought recovering and resting for tomorrow is best, but for the next 10 days I won't register that tournament anymore.

You know you've made it when the b55 is too bowl to 1 table / reg anymore ^^. Gl in vegas mate!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:13 AM »

After probably the worst weekend possible results wise its weird to say this but I actually feel really, really good. I started to question things about 3 days ago when I saw the same regs with huge stacks in tournaments I could never get anything going in. To me they were playing awful, but maybe I was wrong, maybe I was the fish and they were doing things right. I didn't play many tables yesterday, I watched lot of reggier tables and saw utter butcherness. I don't want to call out anybody etc, but I started sharkscoping "top regs" and they had very bad results, this made me at ease with the whole "wait is this guy actually doing it right?"

I took all bad beats pretty well this weekend, I didn't get angry, I felt fine. I was sad for people who invested that things went bad but personally I felt completely fine. I continued to review both pre/post session and during the sessions I really think I played close to my A game. I pure bubbled (1-5 from money) in 6 tournaments paying 700+ min cash including the 2k 5 card PLO but I weirdly feel ok.

It's very possible that in 2 days I start writing how tilted I am, but I think in this blog I'm always very honest with how I feel, when I'm sad, when I'm angry, when I'm happy. Right now I guess I'm frustrated that I havent had a big score during SCOOP, but I'm content. I came 30th/10000? in the million last week, 80th last night out of 5000? in the variable. Cashed a bunch of other SCOOPs when I had huge stacks in the money. One of them will hopefully convert to something big.

I do think that I get a little bit personal against regs who have had more success than me. Like if somebody does something really bad I will send it to 4 or 5 friends on skype like wtf did you see this? Maybe thats a jealousy thing. I do think a lot of the guys who are playing the high rollers are very likely to just not give a fuck about these "small" buy in online events that they once considered "high stakes" its so bad mentally for them to play for 5-15% of themselves in these huge events then when they have 100% of themselves in these great online tournaments they just punt it off. Quickly they can be on a 1m+ downswing and their peace of mind must be fucked.

I'm really looking forward to Vegas, I was contemplating playing all the $25k events in Aria on the weekends which will be good value, but I'm just going to go for the WSOP, bracelet hunting, big field hunting. The main events will be in a package I just put up

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/184/staking-selling-shares-live/pads1161-vegas-5-10ks-av-mu-1-18-no-tax-1533127/

I will be updating this blog every day, maybe some video blogs or is that cringey? What kind of stuff would you like to read here? Hand analysis? Lots of small stuff or 1-2 big pots/day?

I played so many interesting hands this weekend but boom player is broken/removed? now so can't post them. Kind of annoying.

I'm going to take tomorrow off and run some errands.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: May 19, 2015, 07:08:59 AM »

Took day off and facestealer won 200k in scoop (10%) 

So pure.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: May 19, 2015, 10:12:59 AM »

"I don't always take days off, but when I do I like to earn $20k"

Sick shame if you didn't have any of Tudor

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: May 20, 2015, 03:04:36 AM »

Great day. Went for lunch with a very good friend then shopped a little bit for vegas then had a nap.

Decided to play 6 tables max and ran big stacks in the big tuesday mtts, they went poorly due to things I couldn't control but eventually chopped hu with v good reg in the 250 6max. Was a really, really interesting MTT and going to review it tomorrow with my horses I think. The final was very long and was extremely satisfying to finally get a decent result for some much needed morale boosting confidence.

Gil3000 just chopped b109 for 25k, best mid stakes reg on stars this year and its not very close.

DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: May 20, 2015, 04:30:55 AM »

Gil3000 just chopped b109 for 25k, best mid stakes reg on stars this year and its not very close.

absolute phenom! wp JG, crushing!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:36:51 AM by DrDreh » Logged

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 444 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: