blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423109 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6690 on: June 08, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »

Why are you so surprised when people play bad?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: June 09, 2015, 04:02:59 AM »

I had 99 and felt bad about it, so happy about the responses.

Today was the $1500, I got there on time and was really excited. I lost a pot pretty early flatting AA out of the BB when I was eating my All American Dave food (3bet would look absurdly strong) against Scott Montgommery and then c/c, c/c, c/c on QT264 against QT for big pot.

Built back up with couple of triple barrels and over bets, think my image got pretty bad so decided to play tight after break.

First hand after break I raise to 375 at 150bb and 7k stack. Flop t62r I decide to cbet 475 for protection, guy who had folded twice to my river bets calls. Turn is t62A and I bet 975 with 3500 total (his effective stack) he ships, I call and he has 22. QUACK FUCKING QUACK.

Get it in with JT vs J9ss on AQ82ss and chop it up on 2 river and then jam cut off with around 14bs with AJ and lose to KQ.

I wasn't unhappy at all, sure these are the tournaments I'm really looking forward to but if I get upset or unhappy over running like this then it's just silly. Just got to be realistic, sure I didn't go deep or wte, but nothing in my hands and I made good decisions.

Tomorrow is the $1000 no limit, will be on time again and hopefully have a good start as the structure is a little shallower.

Came back for gym/pool/lunch, weather here is really nice at the moment.

Going to the Wynn for some dinner now.

Friend told me I should probably sell for one drop now incase I really want to play it closer to the time. Everybody seems to be selling at 1.05-1.15 from what I've seen, but anybody who would want a sizeable piece I would be happy to do it at no markup. lol100ks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »

Went for dinner with Rob at SW Steakhouse at the Wynn.

I've wanted to eat here for years and years, I always imagined it was the best steakhouse in Vegas.

Our bill was $400 between us and I lost the flip. The meal really wasn't great, I'd say I've had steak from 20 places which are better than here, so was pretty let down.

We played blackjack for a while and ran really really hot, winning around 30bbs haha.

Looking forward to the $1000 tomorrow, I guess its the kinda tournament you get a stack or bust in because of the shallow stacks, next day is the $5k 8max which I'm really looking forward to, should be a great event.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6693 on: June 09, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »

Went for dinner with Rob at SW Steakhouse at the Wynn.

I've wanted to eat here for years and years, I always imagined it was the best steakhouse in Vegas.

Our bill was $400 between us and I lost the flip. The meal really wasn't great, I'd say I've had steak from 20 places which are better than here, so was pretty let down.

We played blackjack for a while and ran really really hot, winning around 30bbs haha.

Looking forward to the $1000 tomorrow, I guess its the kinda tournament you get a stack or bust in because of the shallow stacks, next day is the $5k 8max which I'm really looking forward to, should be a great event.

ya been to SW thought it was nice. nothing amazing both for Vegas or a Steak place. Think Cut (in between palazzo and venetian) was much better the couple of times we went.

GL bitb
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: June 09, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »

I like the Jean Georges in Aria. Obviously, Prime in Bellagio is superb, especially if you can get a seat near the window to watch the fountains.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: June 09, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »

Cut is the best steakhouse I've eaten at in Vegas, and I've eaten at a couple...

SW is decent, but Cut abs crushes it, and Ramsay's place at the Paris is superb, too.

Good luck today, Pads!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:11 PM »

Ate at craft steak at the MGM at Easter, really good too.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: June 09, 2015, 02:49:40 PM »

Prime is the clear winner for steak imo

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: June 10, 2015, 06:41:16 AM »

Woke up early today and meditated before going down for the $1k WSOP event. I was busted within 30 minutes almost shamefully. I was raising to 200 every hand almost as lots of dead stacks.

I raised to 200 with Kings putting my chips in slightly less carefully to look a tad weaker, guy who had done weird stuff so far like c/c, lead, muck j66j2 lol flat bb. i tossed in 300 on q52 and he raised to gii with AQ and I had KK. No idea why he would choose to raise this board with this hand, but heyho. Turn is A and I'm down to a short stack. I 3bet him 2 hands in a row including a squeeze pot with JJ and AQs, he opens again I 3bet him whilst I'm stacking the chips from last pot and he jams and I lose to KK. Pretty crazy we played like 3 orbits I had QQ, KK, JJ, AQ, AQ, AK and was busted in 30 minutes. Was ok though, went to play a SNG, the $525 looked very reggy so I thought I made a smart decision to not register it, game selection ftw.

I walked over to the cash game area to try and find a good game, I saw a 5/10 plo game with a seat to the left of a woman, why not… I loaded up $5k and the game was basically 5/10/25 with an optional 50 straddle on the button. I assumed this was a snap straddle but only me and 2 others (both fish) did it which made me second question it? Anyway won around $15k in the game so was really, really happy. I really do love PLO, I'm watching a lot of videos and speaking to friends about it a lot, I think the hourly for PLO cash can be really high and higher than No Limit for sure.

Most of my hands were relatively standard, like I took a few bluff lines that were potentially debatable is largish sized pots but one hand I wasn't sure about.

$5/$10/$25 I forget to put the $50 on the button, whale limps off $20k, reg iso's to 100 off $4.5k, I call button with J987sssd I cover both, whale calls.

Flop two spades whale checks, reg bets $250, I make it $850, whale folds, reg calls after 6-7 seconds.

Turn two spades , reg checks, I decide to check back.

River two spades , reg checks, I check.

Flop I was happy to gii if needs be and happy to fold both players off there equity as its tough for them to continue.

Turn I assumed he would c/shove Tx sometimes or maybe just raise me with whatever, I felt like my hand was strong enough to check back and try to realise equity on the turn, since I have spoken to a really good PLO player and they think turn is a definite bet.

River I block full houses real well, but I just doubt he calls with worse very often and could potentially turn Tx into a bluff.

What do you guys think about every street?

Few other close spots but this is the one I'd like most feedback on.

Went shopping afterwards in the fashion mall and as normal got hustled from the cosmetics girls.

Sold out for one drop pretty quickly, but if you can pay $ in vegas or want a larger piece then I can give priority.

Tomorrow is the $5k No Limit, its 10pm right now, I want to wake up a bit later tomorrow so going to watch 2 runitonce videos then work on rejamming ranges from 13-15bbs button vs cut off as I feel like I may be slightly off and just want to make sure no leaks there.

Looking forward to tomorrow. It's pretty funny this trip I've played.. 1) No Limit MTT's, 2) No Limit Cash, 3) No Limit SNG's, 4) PLO cash, 5) PLH tournaments, 6) Chinese Poker. I guess its both good and bad.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: June 10, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »

Congrats on the good PLO session, and best of luck in the 5k!

Also, in Vegas, if you're only getting hustled by cosmetics girls at the mall, you're not doing too badly Cheesy

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6700 on: June 10, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »

" I cover both"

brilliant barg.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: June 11, 2015, 01:42:49 PM »

Level 6, I have 100k at 400bb. I've over bet 12 times in the first 6 levels, I've used 2 big live "things" to win big pot, I've finally found my live style that works and I feel like I'm unstoppable. 3 levels later, I'm in a taxi on the way home at 800bb with 000k chips and wanting to be anywhere in the world but Vegas.

I walked into the Rio today and as I got out the Taxi I asked myself. What am I bad at in poker. Randomly the first thing that came to my mind was "Squeezing" I imagined interviewing myself and I said in my mind "I don't know when, why, where or how to squeeze" its kinda true, except when I have really good hands or a very obvious spot for value I kinda don't know that much about squeezing. It all came on my first 5k tournament this year, I raised TT or JJ and somebody called then Rob Kuhn squeezed the button and I was like, fuck I have the 4th best hand in this entire game and I'm just fold like a pussy. Since then it's kinda always been on my mind as this trick that is very difficult to play against. Close to the bubble and a few times I've tried it and it's been successful, so I walked through the doors today deciding I was going to start squeezing and see what happens.

I started off at a table which was pretty decent except for one very good reg on my left, he is known to prob be top 10 but I've never played with him before. I was down to 20k from 25k and played a big pot with him to double up.

I call an open from active cut off with 66 in the small blind, the top 10 reg squeezes bb 300-300-1500. Opener folds, I call relatively quickly. Flop K62r, I c/c 1400.

Turn k626, I check, he bets 3500 and I remember my live tell that I gave off early in the series against Doug Polk where I called turn too quickly with a hand that wanted to overrepresent and induce river checks. I know this player is a live pro and will pick up on this stuff so thought this is the exact board he will triple barrel me on, usually I would take 90 seconds or so, but somehow computed this in 5-6 seconds and decided to call quickly and rep 77-jj/kq/kj thinking he will jam a lot of rivers as I'm somewhat capped.

River is blank, I check and he shoves over pot on the river and I snap. He has chance to turn his hand over as we are all in but decides to muck it deep into the muck so assume 99% he has an air ball assuming my quick turn call was weak.

I felt pretty great and played pretty splashy for next 30 minutes or so, my image was absurd but I was expecting it to pay off for me.

"Oh I haven't tried that squeeze thing yet" weak reg opens, 2 guys call, I make it 2700 at 200bb, first reg calls and c/f XXX. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS IS MAGIC. Patrick "The Squeeze" Leonard I started calling myself.

I moved to a new table with Greg Merson, Kyle Frey and some guys I don't know. Very first hand (last hand of 100/200 no ante) Fish raises to 500 UTG and Greg flats MP, one more flat and I made it 2700 on the button (SQUEEEEZE), fish folds and Greg makes it 6200. I take like 45 seconds and makes it 16300, Greg folds and I show J3hh. Now this hand looks like complete spew and very possibly is. Thoughts were the following

Greg has a lot of hands that play decent as 4bet folds such as KQ/AJ/AT, its very possible he 4bet/folds a hand like AKo and when a fish opens even if he wants to be balanced its very likely he will 3bet QQ+, furthermore my sizing looks pretty bluffy I would imagine so imagine him to be looser than normal, also its the first hand of the table, he very likely doesn't know who I am so I can def be the kid who's 3betting the button but very unlikely I will 5bet for 35-40% of effective stacks. I think he's light here very often meaning its a pretty profitable 4bet with any two cards, although I really like his back raise even if it is potentially face up. I haven't done anything like this all summer, I had one spot vs Mark Radoja early in the series when I really wanted to 4b ship 98o and I was sure on my read but bottled it, this time I really just thought I had to do it. He had AKo and showed/folded.

Obviously this gives me a pretty incredible table image. I think less than a orbit later I raise UTG with JTss and fish flats bb. Flop AJ2ddh check, I cbet 600, fish calls.

Turn AJ29ddhh check, I bet 7900 into around 2200. I felt this player would call me always with combo draws like KQ/KT fd, 9xfd, t8fd, t7fd but would sighhhhhhhh fold Ax almost always. The way I assumed he played he would raise 2 pair on the flop and on the turn with SPR he would probably ship it all in. River was AJ292 and I check back hoping he didn't have Axdd. It's actually a super interesting spot where you can go for value/bluff (potentially merge used correctly in a sentence? I'm scuuuured to try) Jx/KK/QQ and allows you to bet them on the flop too for value/protection wte.

Over the next 2-3 levels, I think I put opponents all in or over bet 10+ times, my image must have been crazy, I had a lot of chips and was very confident with all reads/playing styles. I literally can't remember a lot of the hands but many would have been the main hand I would have blogged about in other tournaments, I don't know what it was, I was just really dialled in.

The button raised and the BB had been squeezing his cards really hard every time and tank folding, I kinda thought he was just ready to put it in. Previously I had been seen cold calling 96s in the SB so I thought I could balance/protect my range whilst inducing jams from hands I do really well against with my AKo. I flat and bb jammed 18ish and unfortunately I lost to ATo.

Mentally I was ok I think. I continued playing a lot of pots using very big sizings. I built back up again then lost A2o v AJo on 982A all in, 9otr. I think the table at least some what respected how I played but I think I took this one visibly bad, it was just the whole losing every all in when building big stacks from non showdown that I've had really big problems with throughout the trip. Again I'm not sure if its a sign of entitlement or why I feel so bad, bad beats are inevitable to happen I guess I just want that next breakout score, I don't know..

We moved table and again I had somewhat of a bad image. I flat AA in position vs a guy called Chance Kornuth or something who seemed pretty drunk. He bet, bet like almost half of his stack then c/f a9 on 762J2. Very next hand I raise, fish flats and he ships 25ish, I call 88 pretty quickly and lose to his 99. I really felt like he would be as wide as possible here and again inside started to bemoan my luck. I went from playing a lot of pots to just playing tight and trying to stack the drunk Chance guy. He was an extremely great guy and played good, his leak would perhaps be playing too many hands but he was in position on me somewhat, so I had to try and exploit that by playing tighter I think. Anyway, I really enjoyed his and the rest of the tables company including Sebastian Saffari who I was sat next to and despite coming from the same town have never met. We chatted about all sorts and got on well.

The next significant pot I played was fish limp UTG, Sebastian makes it 2100 at 600bb,  dealer reveals a King and somebody says something and Sebastian said something like "thats good for my hand" in a way where I just believed him lol I overcall 87hh off 100k (Sebastian has 45kish, fish has 40ish) fish obviously calls.

Flop , Seb cbets 3200 and I raise to 8100. I think this actually hits my calling range pretty hard, other hands I call with that can bluff are like AThh, if I flat 22-66 I'm obviously not bluffing those, same for 88-QQ, they would be bad hands to bluff with. I could bluff raise 98hh too, T9hh too coming to think of it, I think I'm perceived perhaps to have JJ/77/KJ/ flush draws? perhaps the bluffs I mentioned above.

Turn is two spades, he has 36k and the pot is 22k. I think this is a good spot to leverage his stack, I bet 10.9k I wanted to go 6.5k and then jam river I think but felt at the time this would get slightly more fold equity ott. Seb took a long time on the turn and the clock was called he said "Please let me have another minute to think over it" and I believe him that he had a tough spot, probably AK/AA/KQ kinda hand. I decided if he called I'd jam clubs/t/q, eventually he called. I felt like he was being pressurised into calling the turn with the clock being called.

River was two spades he checked and I put him all in for 25k. I had decided to give up on blanks/fire clubs as I just expected clubs to usually make their mind up quicker on the turn. He insta called with AJcc and I guess I made a bad read with his turn timing/clock being called etc, it felt really genuine, but I should have remembered "weak showdown/never folding turn/prob folding river = quick turn call!"

I felt really ok I think though. I was asking myself was this a punt or not, but I felt ok about it all really. I had 65k and basically folded every single hand for 90 minutes, I raised T9cc and c/f K72 and then raised AK and c/f 974.

It was the last hand before bb1k and I was UTG. The clumsy fucking dealer mistakenly flipped my first card () and I looked at the first card (black ten) eagerly anticipate the 2nd card hoping it was an Ace so I could berate the dealer, but no, another black ten. I raise to 2k UTG and drunk Chance, a bad reg, the uber whale and Sebastian call. (11k? in the pot) flop 876hhx whale quickly bets 2 orange chips (10k) Seb folds, the other two guys have like 15k so not too concerned, I think the fish can be pretty wide here, random 8x, draws etc. I decide to call.

Turn 8767 he quickly goes all in for 45k into 30ish. I didn't really think a long time before calling, I think calling TT no flush blocker < calling AA for obvious reasons. He had 66 for a full house and I didn't get there. I really felt pretty OK about my call. But walking away I had a very similar feeling to Monte Carlo, not tilted at all, no desire to go gamble in the pit, just upset, sad, big stack to busto so quickly, many unfortunate stuff going against me and feeling like I wanted to get out of here asap. My taxi driver gave me a bunch of BS in the taxi which added to the pain! I was so so so so happy 3 hours earlier, I don't think I've ever felt as confident as this Greg Merson asked me if I was playing the $500k like it may be standard that I am! I just felt very composed, very upbeat, very dialled in.

Both big pots I played on my third table are very questionable. I'm perfectly fine with my play in both of them, but perhaps both are avoidable. I don't know. Realistically though, I had a lot of chips, I was playing every pot then a big character came and slowed me down by doing nothing against me at all except drinking a lot and playing a lot of pots, most of them passively. I had 3x tournament average 170bb, my style had worked so great so far and then I just decided to shut down and go back to playing tight. In the middle of playing tight I raise flop and barrel off into the rivered nuts. I've no idea why I stopped over betting and squeezing, it was working for me so well. I said FU to Greg Merson (don't mean this personally at all, very, very, very, very nice guy) and showed him the j3hh, I have 3x that stack now and this guy can't hurt my stack at all, why don't I stay in 5th gear and go for it?

Either way morale is very low now. I definitely feel like if I played tomorrow and things didn't go my way that I could be close to burning out so I'm just going to decide to take the day off and probably the next day too and then come back on the weekend for Monster Stack. With the way I play and how deep I try to get into it, its just very tough for me to just go from very very happy to very very sad. It's just emotion and I'm glad I have it, but perhaps its my biggest enemy. I don't play this game to be sad and in live poker when there's no tables left its a really lonely, upsetting place to be.

I'll be back stronger next week.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: June 11, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »

Sorry if that sounds emo'y or depressing etc, I just like to come and open my laptop once I finish the tournament as soon as I finish and say how I feel. I often read back these reports months in the future and like to be true to myself so I can perhaps learn/reflect. Don't worry not jumping off any bridges just yet.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: June 11, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »

Cliffs:

- Learned new spell
- Destroyed and embarrassed world champion with new spell
- Morale somehow still low

Madness! Fantastic report, sir. Great reading.  Keep improving and showing us all how it's done. Just, y'know, try getting it in ahead Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: June 11, 2015, 03:37:40 PM »

Really enjoyable write up.

Honest, self-evaluative and humble.

All the best for future events.
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: