blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424925 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8055 on: September 08, 2016, 04:04:32 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if to post here or on Pm but assume on here means anyone else interested will see.

Myself and my wife are coming to Budapest on Sunday for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I was wondering if you could reccomend some good nightlife spots for some nice cocktails and meals etc?

And anything else that we should make sure we see over 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, will reply to this tomorrow buddy.

Don't want to dampen Pads answer but I will put up my favourite place before any additions i think he left out.

http://konyvbar.hu/en/eric-knight-lassie-hazater/

Book themed restaurant that changes its specials every two weeks. Incredible looking and tasting food.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: September 08, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »

BOL tonight!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: September 09, 2016, 05:24:57 AM »

18/4000 today in WCOOP, pretty unfortunate, but np. Played real good throughout. Made a somewhat thin 4bc deep in winamax main and busted deep as well, but no complaints really.

Tomorrow maybe a day off, Saturday too, Sunday is huge with the 10k high roller and lots of other really sick tourneys.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: September 09, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if to post here or on Pm but assume on here means anyone else interested will see.

Myself and my wife are coming to Budapest on Sunday for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I was wondering if you could reccomend some good nightlife spots for some nice cocktails and meals etc?

Thanks in advance.

Problem is here, I don't know how old you are or how rowdy you want to get, but newlyish married will go somewhere in the middle.

Big thing I would suggest is Friday joining the thousands of others getting drunk at dirt cheap prices and then on Saturday going to gallert baths so chill. The baths are really nice and its a big cultural thing to do. Inside/outside baths, different temperatures, saunas, ice baths etc etc.

For drinks, again it depends how you want to do things, you can go to either 360 bar or aria roof top terrace if you want to pay around 4/5 euro for a drink and enjoy the views of the city in a kind of cool vibe. You can go to froccsterrace if the weather is nice which is like a huge outdoor park with a big bar and good atmosphere and drinks 2/3 euro. If you want to go to some local cool bars I would try szimpla, it will be very busy, but you'll enjoy your time there, go there earlyish, get a seat, order 2 drinks from the bar at a time and you'll have a good night. Tip the waitress 2-3 euros and they'll come to you every time first when you're at the bar.

Budapest isn't really a clubby kind of place but it has lots of really cool bars, if you want to eat some tapas and have very good atmosphere book a table in the day for at night at vicky cristina at godzsdu. Good place and I believe Penelope Cruz is there every Friday! In terms of cocktails, there is a cool bar called "boutique bar" you'll like that for cocktails, near to there there is a place called tuktuk bar which only houses 10-12 people but if you can get in and get a seat you'll really enjoy it.  Oh and of course try "house bar" try the empanadas, we're about to open a chain of stores selling Argentinian sandwiches, let me know what you think of them. Whatever you do, don't be conned into going into the ice bar Cheesy

I'd suggest trying to find a walking tour, they are free and you go all around the city and find out about how tough the world wars were here and the aftermath that made the city struggle, or you can do a bus tour and see a little bit more of the city.

Unfortunately i'll probably be grinding this weekend, but feel free to message me on blonde where you're going to be friday/saturday when you know for sure and might try to catch you for a beer.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: September 09, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »

Here is the update from the prop bet after the first 4/5 days

Click to see full-size image.

Elmerixx got 12th? In the 1k marathon on day 4 and I got 18th in the 215 wcoop yesterday, so a couple of close calls. We have exactly the same amount of cashes so far, remember though the biggest cash of each team doesn't count.

So the Swedes have around 6.5k total and we have around $5.5k, Tan Tan is in day 2 though of the Thursday Thrill.

Will all get a bit more exciting next week when we start including the Party tournaments (will be 5+/day)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: September 09, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

If anybody is looking for a part or maybe full time job then check this out:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/177/general-marketplace/looking-book-keeper-accountant-1628095/#post50752224

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: September 09, 2016, 05:49:18 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks in advance.

Problem is here, I don't know how old you are or how rowdy you want to get, but newlyish married will go somewhere in the middle.

Big thing I would suggest is Friday joining the thousands of others getting drunk at dirt cheap prices and then on Saturday going to gallert baths so chill. The baths are really nice and its a big cultural thing to do. Inside/outside baths, different temperatures, saunas, ice baths etc etc.

For drinks, again it depends how you want to do things, you can go to either 360 bar or aria roof top terrace if you want to pay around 4/5 euro for a drink and enjoy the views of the city in a kind of cool vibe. You can go to froccsterrace if the weather is nice which is like a huge outdoor park with a big bar and good atmosphere and drinks 2/3 euro. If you want to go to some local cool bars I would try szimpla, it will be very busy, but you'll enjoy your time there, go there earlyish, get a seat, order 2 drinks from the bar at a time and you'll have a good night. Tip the waitress 2-3 euros and they'll come to you every time first when you're at the bar.

Budapest isn't really a clubby kind of place but it has lots of really cool bars, if you want to eat some tapas and have very good atmosphere book a table in the day for at night at vicky cristina at godzsdu. Good place and I believe Penelope Cruz is there every Friday! In terms of cocktails, there is a cool bar called "boutique bar" you'll like that for cocktails, near to there there is a place called tuktuk bar which only houses 10-12 people but if you can get in and get a seat you'll really enjoy it.  Oh and of course try "house bar" try the empanadas, we're about to open a chain of stores selling Argentinian sandwiches, let me know what you think of them. Whatever you do, don't be conned into going into the ice bar Cheesy

I'd suggest trying to find a walking tour, they are free and you go all around the city and find out about how tough the world wars were here and the aftermath that made the city struggle, or you can do a bus tour and see a little bit more of the city.

Unfortunately i'll probably be grinding this weekend, but feel free to message me on blonde where you're going to be friday/saturday when you know for sure and might try to catch you for a beer.

Thanks for this, really appreciate the time spent writing this. A quick google tells me alot of these are right up our street we are both late twenties.

Ill drop you a line when I'm there. Thanks again.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8062 on: September 09, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/177/general-marketplace/looking-book-keeper-accountant-1628095/#post50752224

Do they have to be interested in poker ?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: September 09, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »

Do they have to be interested in poker ?

heavily desirable, due to probably receiving a bunch of applicants I assume that the person we take on will likely be very interested in poker.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8064 on: September 09, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »

Fair enough
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: September 11, 2016, 03:10:31 AM »

increeeeeddddibly tilting day somehow saved by finishing in the 888 $160 crocodile for a profitable day. It started amazingly productive, I made a new super hud after spending a few hours, I really think its super powerful and helpful now. So got ready to grind and my database how somehow infected and couldnt use my hud for the rest of the session. So tough when playing HSMTT's, had a bunch of runs, but a lot of tough spots without a HUD, so cut session short.

Having to create a new database now and reimport all my hands etc which takes ages. Hopefully all worthwhile for tomorrow, really looking forward to a big, hard grind. My sleeping pattern is absolutely abysmal right now, went to bed at 10.20am this morning, fml!

Have a lot of stuff I want to write about, will try and do that when I get some time.

Good luck tomorrow everybody.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: September 12, 2016, 03:37:41 AM »

Interesting day, sad to be finished so early and not make any day two's, but cashed a bunch and came 2nd in the Party Pokerfest $109r for $16.2k, realllllyyyy wanted to win though for the Party hype, but will take it. Good for the bets we have both HU and for the team.

Today was very intense grind, so much going on and to play but was very strict and allowed myself absolutely maximum 12 tables, didn't break that once although there was 10 other tournaments I wanted to play at one point!

Looking forward to the huge grind this week.

vamooooooo

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: September 13, 2016, 05:18:11 AM »

decent day, ran very good and very bad at different times, but ended with 3rd in Monday 6max for $12k and 4th? or 5th in Hot 109 for $4k. Currently one tabling WCOOP 6max with decent stack, just lost KK v a8 for heaps so decided to blog instead of doing something stupid.

Talking about stupid things, I played a hand on the final table where I 3bet/5bet K3o for around 75bbs and walked into KK. Had very good reads, and I always trust and go with them, so getting one wrong doesn't really matter, but when its 3 left, looks stupid/is more painful.

No problems though.

This grinding everyday is pretty intense, sweating the swedes every tournament, they sweat us every tournament, its a pretty good rivalry, two teams and lots of deep runs. European is in last 18 of 215r tomorrow, 15k+ score would be amazing. They put some pressure on today, but we're fighting hard too.

Have been hyper unhealthy last few days, eating way too much shit, but this grind really is super intense. Will start tomorrows grind really late I think, go to the gym/pool in the day.

GL all

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: September 14, 2016, 12:16:05 AM »

Ran good then bad in the wcoop, finished 60th?

This was the bust out and the chat after..

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20667295_4E476B81F2

SLAYA69!!: LOOOOOL
SLAYA69!!: NICE CALL YOU FA.GGY FISH FK
SLAYA69!!: EAT MY MOTHERS PUSS
Dealer: Jamaikaner04, it's your turn. You have 14 seconds to act
SLAYA69!!: AND SWALLOW HER JUICES
SLAYA69!!: UR A LIL * * WHO I SCHOOL
Dealer: SLAYA69!!, it's your turn. You have 14 seconds to act
SLAYA69!!: I MAKE MY MONEY OFF ABC'S LIE YOU
padd1161: nh

Least some people still think I'm abc Smiley

Rest of today went pretty bad, here is bust out from super tuesday. regs just doing v random things because they've seen something similar in a runitonce video when they were half asleep pretending to themselves that they were studying

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20664943_26B4A48A9B

Still have a few tables, hopefully can do something in one of them Smiley

GL tomorrow all, is a really nice day, 215q, 320 6m shootout and the all the great daily stuff on party.

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »

Is there no chance of getting a super-user account like Holz n Carrel yet? Utterly impossible what they're doing...  IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: