blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425345 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7995 on: August 19, 2016, 01:17:39 PM »

VBOL Plinop

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: August 19, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »

Updates here: http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/en/blog/tournaments/ept/2016/ept13-barcelona-10k-single-re-entry-high-162770.shtml
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: August 19, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »

yep,GL Pads.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: August 19, 2016, 02:38:55 PM »

Bad news guys

Unlucky Plinop  Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: August 19, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »

Best of luck today Plopper Plinop.

413 large, num num num.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: August 19, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »

Best of luck today Kitty

413 large, num num num.

Fyp.  Timing is off a bit today Tikay.

Ul Pads

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: August 19, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

Bugger, sincere apols. Only just got online.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: August 20, 2016, 05:40:28 AM »

So busted in 12th today. Pretty sad way to finish but wasn't tilted at all. Last 3 days I played as good as possible and gave myself another chance at a big score. My last 5 live tournaments

12th EPT Barcelona €10k
7th Aria 25k
Busted main event day 2, huge day 1 stack
12th WSOP $5000 event
20th WSOP $10,000 6max

Wont go through each one and post the bad beat story etc but in all four of the deep runs I busted playing chip lead pot in unavoidable situations.

I think I posted this somewhere else recently but I really feel far superior as a live tournament player compared to online. I made a seminar last month for bitB about live play and in general I'm extremely confident. Not in terms of how I carry myself at the table or the way I stare at problem but just a lot of small nuances that I think are pretty difficult to pick up. I really enjoy the whole live tournament stuff even if at times it's very frustrating. I'm not really sure what I strive for, it's not a huge financial score for first place I'm looking for, I'm not even sure if it's a trophy or recognition I'm looking for. I know there's something I'm trying to achieve but right now I'm not sure what that is. Probably doesn't make sense. I guess it could just be I really enjoy meeting the top tier guys I play against for the last 3-4 years Online, talking to them, playing and competing against them. People who know me know I really love playing games, my idea of a fun night isn't going to a club and buying bottles and getting OOL, I'm social, but I'm a bit of a nerd, I'd way prefer to play games or run numbers or find out new things/read/watch documentaries. I think that's why online poker has generally always suited me so well because in between tournaments at live stops I always want to just go back to home and not necessarily play online but put myself back in my familiar surroundings, by myself and do what I like to do.

I have realized a lot over the last 3/4 months how lucky I / we are, I think I took it for granted for a long time but right now I really appreciate what we have going on and that we're not doing X/y/z. Many people say "yeah but we worked hard for it we deserve it" that's not necessarily true I think we're still lucky that we have whatever dna or whatever else to give us the ability to be so driven/focused and motivated. Over the last 1-2 weeks I've kind of gotten the a-ha moment that I really don't want to live in a city anymore. I literally never have the urge to go party anymore and if I do I can just go anywhere in the world on a plane and go party. I think having a chef >>>> eating out all the time in nice restaurants and just in general most major des rainbow cities to live in are pretty much crowded with tourists, lots of traps, lots of people trying to exploit you etc. I would really like to move soon to either the countryside or the seaside and just enjoy the quiet and the calm and the time by myself working online and still traveling a bunch to live stops or wherever else. I guess in January/February is most realistic time for this next big "change"

This tournament in particular I absolutely loved. I just wrote a bunch about what I thought people did good/bad in these tournaments but deleted. Probably not wise and comes across poorly.

In terms of hands in the tournament not much stands out to me. Basically the redraw was pretty hilarious. 2 tables left 8/8. My table is all the top online regs left in the field and the other table is Nick Petrangelo, Dario, Byron and then all the fish. I did pretty well until there was 12 left, I had to play tight because of my table/positions etc but on the other table both Dario and Byron busted. Which was great news for the tournament. I then realized I would be moving to their seat. Pretty great spot. I had 1m, I won 2-3 pot, fish opened, I 3bet bb 3.2x, my read was they really wanted to make the final table with k3o, they folded and I showed for some logical reason. They got pretty tilted, lost half their stack next hand and was visibly tilted. I raised btn, they jammed bb for 15bb I call KJdd and lose to AQ. Next orbit they open mp (they are still tiled) I defend bb 63ss. Flop q72xss check check, turn Q725xsss I bet pot they say "do you even check your cards" then I tell dealer they're folding and let's move onto next hand. They call. River Q7254xsssx I bet 1.5x pot all in, they snap A4ss ://// they tell me "now we're even" and something along the lines of "justice". Smh Cheesy bust an orbit later A9<88 aip.

Like I said, wasn't tilted at all, really excited about the upcoming tournaments and really hoping to carry on some momentum. Whatever happens results wise in Barcelona it doesn't matter, just want to play well.

Next tournament €2k Estrella's highroller on Sunday.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: August 20, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »

Fish=Kitty Kuo?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: August 20, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »

Obv.  Reports were linked in the thread.  Not even sure she is that bad, but seems wrong to label people like that who can be recognised.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: August 21, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »

Busted the HE today in 400th? 250 pay.

Started off great, got Upto 75k the. Lost 44<77 on a74fd vs a vamo punter who loved to put too many chips in the pot. Nevermind, really happy with how I played.

Hand of the day probably, regs opens 300 OTB, I flat .   

Flop As two spades  check, he checks
Turn As two spades check, he gets 400, I fold face up and he had 22 and was very tilted and confused.

Have been working on live reads, Pyschology, pattern recognition and advanced body language very hard over the last 6 months. I did a seminar about all the specifics last week and feel really tuned in. It's very sick how different a game live poker is compared to online. There's a reason Davide absolutely crushes live and it's definitely not because he's in his room studying piosolver sims all day.

One thing I did very poorly was not getting enough sleep last night. It was a 10am start and we all decided to stay in but when we went to bed 1am I decided to watch documentaries for 4 hours and was struggling at times today.

Haven't decided if I'll play day 1a of the main and the 25k on day 1b or just play the main on day 1b. Will see when I wake up tomorrow and how I feel.

Prefer Barcelona this time compared to all the previous trips I've been on. City feels better for some reason.

Horses have bricked pretty hard so far, think 30 of them are here and deepest cash in ESPT was 30th? Few sweats coming up hopefully.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: August 22, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »

What sort of resources are you using to study the live stuff pads, if you don't mind me asking?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: August 22, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

Which documentaries did you watch? I wonder if you could fold online too, people are so unbalanced here. Going to head somewhere sunny/beach post wcoop and pre CPP. Maybe South Africa, but more likely somewhere in South America I think. My only requirements are somewhere I can scuba dive and somewhere I can play poker. Do you have enough Spanish to get you by? Feels like it might be an issue if your out in the sticks somewhere. Good luck with week, stag do was absolutely incredible so I can't say I'm too upset but it would have been good to see some of the BITB horses again. Can't remember the rules to that card game we played all last year but I remember it was so much fun.  Have you played it this year?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: August 22, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »

Which documentaries did you watch? I wonder if you could fold online too, people are so unbalanced here. Going to head somewhere sunny/beach post wcoop and pre CPP. Maybe South Africa, but more likely somewhere in South America I think. My only requirements are somewhere I can scuba dive and somewhere I can play poker. Do you have enough Spanish to get you by? Feels like it might be an issue if your out in the sticks somewhere. Good luck with week, stag do was absolutely incredible so I can't say I'm too upset but it would have been good to see some of the BITB horses again. Can't remember the rules to that card game we played all last year but I remember it was so much fun.  Have you played it this year?

Costa Rica?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: August 22, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »

Costa Rica?

Not sure really, definitely fits the criteria. Little biased because I heard its expensive but its definitely recommended on the diving sites I've looked at too. Its taken me until now to realise Punta Cana (well Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico) itself might be a decent option and would save on flights! Probably should get this booked up pretty quick too. Just so many decisions.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: