blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421411 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8085 on: September 20, 2016, 03:36:32 AM »

https://twitter.com/plenopads/status/778044602519547906

Gotta dream when you're young boys...

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »

Any chance of reply to pm?
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: September 20, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »

Got to admire the honesty written here

Makes a good read

Good Luck

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: September 20, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »

change stable graph into YEN for morale imo.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: September 21, 2016, 03:24:59 AM »

OTB is the goat! Pretty sad times for chip lead pot in the $2k at the end of the night. Can't win them al!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20770065_D29FEC79F0

Been an ok night, will overview at the end I guess.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: September 21, 2016, 03:32:08 AM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#
big shout out to european, chopping the $10k high roller with WCG Rider for $460k, and playing for another $75k now! Very happy for Sammy <3 He will record both he ST and the 10K as videos for anybody who joins the stable

Personally, so frustrated! Things went so well first 2 weeks, I played as good as I could have, maybe not the best possible because I'm far from perfect, but I gave it everything and played my A game. I had a lot of cashes, in the bet with the swedes and our guys I cashed more than anybody, but that big score kept escaping me, I would lose some huge pot with 10-40 left, but kept very positive, knowing I'd get one huge chance.

This was my graph since Vegas, lots of good, consistent runs without a HUGE bink, but I didn't feel like I craved that big bink, I was satisfied with this.

Click to see full-size image.

I had lots of good runs in live games too, $200k score in Barca, $40k score in Barca, $65k score in Aria etc. I was feeling like right now I was just really in the zone and enjoying playing every day.

Day 2 of the mix max was yesterday, I started so well, the tournament format was really perfect for me, I could play a lot of pots and was able to get into levelling wars with regs etc.

I managed to get to 1/11 and had a great table 3 handed, first place was $100,000 and the WCOOP title which I really strived for. This time last year I had similar thing, great first 2 weeks of WCOOP and then a final table in the $2k shootout and then came 5th and was pretty sad and then bink in the $700 6max for $100k.

I kept myself composed, didnt reg the $10k, kept 6 tables maximum on a huge Sunday, alongside this run I was 5/120 in the $1k ultra deep, another tournament I really love. This was the Sunday I was looking forward to.

1 hour later, I was out of both.

What happened? How did I take it? How was the rest of the session? How is things now?

The Ultradeep wasn't really that Brutal. I played this hand, which is kinda interesting. we're around 15 from the money and bb is huge nit.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/20733082_DFF6AC457C

I could take different lines, but I think this is the best. if he folds, great. If he goes all in, great. If I win a huge flip I'm one of the big stacks in the tournament, will chip up really great on the bubble, if I lose the flip I'll fold to the money. I think he's jamming worse pairs in this spot for sure and he may even think I'm playing 100% 3bet range here.

I felt pretty OK after losing it, I had the huge sweat in the mix max and was focused.

Over the next 45 minutes I lost

TT  v AT
AK v TT
TT v 99
QQ v JJ

and then one other hand that was really quite interesting.

I defend QTo vs the fish.

Flop QT5r, I had feeling he thought I was owning him in every pot. He bet and usually I'd just call here, but he was so sticky/punty, I decided to c/r big, he called.

Turn QT5A, very bad card, but I think I still have value bet, I bet, he calls.

River QT5A9, pot 400k, I bet 135k or something and he has a5.

Obviously his flop bet/cal is horrific, perhaps I should have just check/folded the river, its really gross/sick spot and really unsure what best line is vs a whale, but I just assumed he always has AJ/AK/Q9/KQ/Q5/T5 etc that I can get value from. Anyway that was really hurting.

Another hand I played bob was limping and betting flop with J8 on J92, he had 27% fold to c-bet, he calls, it runs out J9222 and he bets turn half pot and river 2x pot and I end up calling. Felt really gross spot, perhaps another spot I could maybe fold, but I'm unsure.

Anyway, busted QQ vs his JJ aip and felt really sick after. Elmerixx and Euro were both railing and rooting really hard for me and think felt my pain a lot too.

I played the rest of the session but had this frustrating run on my mind alot and let it effect me more than it should have done. My HUD broke down mid session and that was obviously very annoying.

I woke up today and didnt really want to play. I had been so motivated for the last 2 weeks and was just waiting for this one chance, accepting any other failed run, but for some reason this hit me really hard. I know last year I wrote about being genuinely sad when busting the 10k 6max KK v AK and people laughed a little, but this was somewhat similar. It's super super super standard for MTT's, don't get me wrong. The reason I had felt bad about the 10k 6max last year was because I was losing some very important flips in tournaments previously and I kept telling myself, no problem, it doesn't bother me, amazing mental game, elliot roe yo. And then when the ace hit, it all hit me hard. I think this is a little bit similar, I lost qq vs igors 88 in Aria on xxxx8 and afterwards I really wanted to say to myself and everybody that I didn't care about losing the all in. Same thing in Barca, 1/14 to 14th to Kitty Kuos brutalise, all my horses were there, I wanted to pretend its fine, I wasn't effected, I probably convinced myself too. The final table in Barca where that tool backfired and value bet the arse high of the straight vs my KK and then QQ v KK to bust. I told my parents, friends, horses "NO PROBLEM| with a huge smile on my face.

This tournament failure is just very similar to the 10k 6max last year, I denied to myself and everybody I was sad about losing and then it all crashed back down.

The fact is, when you're winning huge tournaments, winning every important flip and everybody is congratulating you you feel like the best person in the world, invincible, but when thinks don't go your way, you start interacting slightly less, you start isolating yourself a little bit more and poker can get very lonely and depressing (don't worry guys not trying to claim I'm clinically depressed this time)

I think I just needed to get that out and say, it's ok to be sad with losing, it's normal. If you don't get nervous or upset then you aren't human. It's normal to have reactions and be sad/unhappy but I think its important to realise when you are unhappy and sad. Today was definitely the lowest day of WCOOP for me, I didn't want to play, I didn't feel great playing, but its really important I turn the corner of this mini blip. All that happened was that I lost 5 all ins, I had to run good to get there right?

I will sleep well tonight, come back tomorrow and be as focused for battle as I can. The bet vs the Swedes is very close (Sams 2 scores both don't count) Euros Skype signature is "I'm going to give it my all" and that's exactly what I plan to do tomorrow. Moving forward I'm going to try and be honest with myself and the blog how I feel after sessions, really try and be honest with myself with the bad things I did in the session and be as critical of my game and mindset as possible.

The whole built up sadness is one of the worst feelings in poker, at least for me.

I know this sounds ridiculous when I posted a graph of my stable winning $700,000 this month Cheesy the money really doesn't matter for me, winning or losing x$ won't change my way of life or the way I approach life, I'll still play the same games even if I win the Super Tuesday and if I go on a little downswing I will still play the same games. Its the whole "being successful" and getting something visible out of what we do as a reward, whether that be a first place WCOOP bracelet (oh wait) or whatever else.

fwiw I came 2nd in Omaha Powerfest today for a breakeven session after all!

p.s I eat minimum 2x packet of blueberries every day... How ****ing good??

p.p.s dont hate me for moaning pls

p.p.ps best motivational video/article/advice gets 1% freeroll for my WCOOP main, lfg

Don't know what's going on
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:39:45 AM by dreenie » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: September 21, 2016, 03:40:20 AM »

https://youtu.be/fYNShs6I4HU
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: September 21, 2016, 03:49:40 AM »

Basically, like you say, the money is not the reason for success, yes it's lovely, yes it gives you untolds amount of freedom, but I do believe you, when you say you want to be the best continuesly for the respect as a player, the achievement, the bracelet, watches (so tight stars don't add that on top this year, lol )

Look, I'm going to say it how it is, you, 'maybe' cracked a few aces along the way and got it in bad and got there or just held when others didn't, but this game doesn't just hand things on a plate to you, you worked really REALLY hard to get to where you are today, and still continue to do that and there's a reason why you and your other stable mates are regularly putting yourselves in these positions to get the big prizes. So it hasn't worked this far or maybe won't come this year, but so what? You played well, you played with loads of HEART and you will come back next game, week, month or year fighting even stronger.

Many people get too easily judgemental on people's lives and I would say that many take some of the things you say as way egotistical, but then Gordon Ramsay didn't become one of the top chefs in the world by not having a ego, it's just a case of balance, staying focused and most of all staying true to yourself so that your mind is in the right place to keep giving yourself these incredible opportunities, because honestly Patrick, make no mistake, it is you and your hard work that allow you to lead the lifestyle you lead.

Gl for the rest of the series x
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: September 22, 2016, 03:09:10 AM »

heh incredibly frustrating day.

lost a bunch in the 530r and 2 from the money in the 500 party turbo (1450 min cash) 88<a5 where reg made atrocious call, very possibly a spite call. then we had a one hour bubble in the party 530 and exactly pure bubbled ( with ak v kq aip bob when there was around 10 3-7bb stacks. k92tj Cheesy

Took those pretty bad, felt very demoralising.

Tomorrow is a new day I guess, will probably lack some motivation the way I feel now, so warming up early tomorrow and going over a hh, or going to the gym or something is going to be essential if I wan to play.

Glad this is all over in 4-5 days!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: September 22, 2016, 08:12:02 AM »

wow, the bet has gotten SUPER interesting. We were winning by a lot, but the Swedes have so much heart. Here is all the scores so far.

Total cashes:

bitb  $114,360 (biggest cash excluded)

Elmerixx  17 cashes
European 12 cashes
pads 21 cashes

Swedes   $92,340 (biggest cash excluded)

Lena   21 cashes
C.darwin  17 cashes
TanTan  16 cashes

HU bets:

Pads $32k (biggest cash - $16k, excluded)
Darwin $30k (biggest cash - $26k excluded)

European $13k
Darwin $30k

European $13k
Lena $25

Obviously everything is ridiculously close, next 5 days are absolutely huge, so much effort from both teams and so much battling. We both really, really want to win, but either way both teams have gave it their best. The Swedes are such tough competitors here, they play everything, every day, we need to knuckle down, man up and grind every day from now on and really go for this. LETS GOOOOOOOO bitB!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: September 22, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »

Not a bad night in the end...

Horse ended up winning the Super Tuesday outright for $304,000

vamo.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: September 22, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »

[20/09/2016 02:24:21] Adam : all the regs from barca when I went seem to have won a huge coop now
[20/09/2016 02:24:27] Adam : jonaj /jorj/tisso
[20/09/2016 02:24:49] Adam : I know they were the better regs in the stable
[20/09/2016 02:24:55] Adam : nuts tho

:d

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: September 22, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

Red the best?
Orange too loose?
Blue old school. 3 bet too much
Turqoise fishy?  Only said this as I don't recognise him

Your results look very harsh on European.  Has a genuine big score and looks your worst player and losing the 2 heads ups.  Never met him, but good luck him.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: September 22, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »

I get this absolutely absurd spot from chip leader who is likely 3betting ATC, I fold and make 10x bi, or go with it with huge fold equity? I think qq probably an easy fold, KK I think is likely a fold too.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20723770_D613C6B2EB

like, wut?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »

At one point of the night I pure bubbled my 4th conequtive $530 on Party and started to wonder how I was going to take it Cheesy managed to fight in the other one running simultaneously, and despite being 1/5, was reasonably happy to get 4th for $13k. Good score and good for the bet vs the Swedes.

Also made it through with 2/36 in day 2 of another WCOOP in the $700 ultra deep. Love this tournament so much.

Played one absolutely ridiculous hand, maybe the craziest hand I've played all series, but then again, a lot of crazy shit does happen in my sessions.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20797719_28A78E726B

Won't go too deep into this as its against a guy I'll play a lot against in high rollers and super high rollers over the next year or more, he is prob one of best players in world imo, but it was a very interesting hand on all streets.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO tomorrow, convert.

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: