blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:36:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416432 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8175 on: October 18, 2016, 07:53:17 PM »

Anyway. I was playing on friday with your old pal from Gibraltar days - Callum. At one point he asked if I knew Patrick Leonard - for some reason I felt under a bit of pressure to pretend I was operating at the pinnacle of the game so I said 'yeah, we're pretty good friends'. I'm 54 1/4.

Dude.

haha, I know but really wanted some reflected glory

sola virtus nobilitat
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: October 19, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »

Made day 2 of €10k HR at Malta with 118k coming back to 600/1200 @partypoker

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
IT5PAYDAY

View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: October 19, 2016, 04:02:58 PM »

WD on making Day2 with a very healthy stack mate. Good work.

That 5/10 cash game sounded mega muggy!! Don't like the sound of that at all!

All the best out there mate. I had my 2nd stream on the channel yesterday, managed a good winning session by FT'ing Contender, deep run in Uppercut and counterpunch.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: October 20, 2016, 02:58:02 AM »

Don't think I could ever be happier about pure bubbling a €10k (€24k min cash) Dan busted just before me so I eventually finished 9th with 8 paying.

Usually would be beat up, questioning myself, wondering if could have sized slightly different here or there. I played very focused throughout and lost 7 all ins and won one (tt v j5 for 4bbs with some dead money) in the entire tournament.

Day 1 was great, I smoothly ran up from 50 to 120k to end the short day 1 as 4th in chips coming back. The tables I had all day I felt completely in control of and made good adjustments. Today's starting table was definitely tough but the whole table seemed to be trying to be captain so just sat back tight and chipped up. Some table moves here and there, some important flips here or there, some very big post flop pots, lots of medium post flop pots and the whole day was incredibly fun.

Few interesting hands where I folded (perhaps incorrectly)

Ben Heath opens 9000 mp I defend bb q9 black.

Flop qt5ddx I c/call 15k
Turn qt5txddd, I c/taaaaank fold vs 65k jam (slightly over pot)

I mean this could definitely be my biggest mistake of the day. I have tx and diamonds to bluffcatch but apart from that this is decent bluffcatcher. I was very confused what he would take this line as a jam and assumed he plays ak/KJ/AJ like this at very high frequency. I had 80k behind if I lost (20bbs) so should have probably flicked it in. I worked out in game though that any qx with a diamond kicker would be better, blocking random flushes and having more equity vs a bunch of hands.

Second hand was the first hand after dinner.

Rami is on the phone to his wife, looks down at his cards and I thought goes to muck, I joke "wow if you had raised there it would have been scary" then he raises.. Lol. I defend k9.

Flop k97r I c/c
Turn k977 check check
River k977Q (bdfd completes) I c/taaaaank fold vs large sizing.

Was very suspicious and whilst my hand is very strong, I eventually believed him and let it go.

One "incorrect" call. I flat bb with QQ vs co open from zinno.

He bets small on j74fd I call (I have q bdfd)
Turn j747 check check
River j477k I bet big (10 into 15) he min raises to 20.

I mean I expect this to be aces sometimes but that might bet bigger flop etc and really not much else for value. Maybe AK too actually at a relatively high frequency. In game i really wanted to bluff jam. I decided my price was just too good and it's pretty good hand to call with. He had K3 which felt very random but nhnhnh

One good call

Good reg opens co

He Cbet 652 I call
He check back 6526
River 65264 I check be shoves 1.5x pot for my tournament life.. I tank for eternity and call and win. Was very important pot, had just lost a big flip KJ v a7 bvb for 19bb each so to win this was really crucial with 13 left. 2 hands later I lost a kind of inevitable flip 77 v AJ to go 2x avg, was very strange though, didn't feel tilted at all by losing, was just having a lot of fun, in the zone.

Made 3 very big 2x pot bluffs in specific spots which I won't go into, but I think I may have got a live read from Davide Kitai!

Eventual bust out hand was shoving 10.5bbs button with QTo and losing to Praytushes 88.

Really hope he or Dietrich win, both great guys.

Not sure what's next, I can play IPT €1k, but the €25k is the next day. Unsure yet, will make a decision depending on how I feel.

Edit, was one interested hand, Seiver jams 8bbs from hj, I tank fold sb, he shows j4o, tells me "pads will be in the lab working out how that is good" I've confirmed been in the lab unsuccessfully working out how he can shove!

Gl to anybody in IPT

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

Played the satellite to the 25k today. Field was so good lol, had about 5 fish on table the whole time, which makes me optimistic about the field tomorrow.

I knocked out Vovtroy JTo vs AK aip and then chipped up and up. Got to last 25 with probably 7-8 seats and UTG who had just lost a big pot (this guy is amateur asian guy) shoves 18k UTG at 800bb. I'm on the button with AK and 25k, the table is so soft that I'll be able to make really good decisions and chip up etc so its a really tough spot. If I call and win I have around 45k and whilst a seat isn't locked its very likely, if I lose I'm down to around 10bbs which would not be great.

He was just too big of a fish to fold unfortunately and he ended up having 33 and I lost the flip.

Kind of an interesting spot, could fold for sure, not sure exactly.

Whatever, onto the next one, which is likely going to be the 25k tomorrow, not sure if I'll 100% play, will see how I feel when I wake up.

If not then will play the 2k IPT on Saturday.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: October 22, 2016, 01:42:27 AM »

Finished day 1 of €25k SHR with 260k and chip lead. Back tomorrow @partypoker  ♦️🚀

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: October 22, 2016, 02:11:59 AM »

Enjoy some puzzles tomorrow pal
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: October 22, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »

Good luck tomorrow, Pads!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: October 22, 2016, 08:52:44 AM »

Get the job done, good luck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: October 22, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »

Ooh good luck Pads.

When you have the time, how long do you think you have to make money from poker.  Of course crush the highroller first.

I was thinking this as I was playing the Monday plo8.  I had Isildur sat on my left.  I was thinking this probably isn't a good sign for cash or MTTs.  I eventually got him, had about 5 minutes relief, only for jungleman to sit in his place.  Think I lost hope at this stage.

Maybe high stakes hold em is so competitive that the only hope is O8?  Though given my record in the 320s, and the make up of some of the tables, maybe there is little hope in them too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: October 23, 2016, 01:04:03 AM »

Finished 8th for €60k

Played fine I think. Had 3 spots which were debatable, but apart from that happy with every decision and that's all hat counts.

Last HR's

7th
12th
7th
9th
8th

Doing something right just need to convert I guess.

Hand 1

David Jan opens UTG I defend bb
He checks back 745cc
I probe 7458 he calls
I check 74589 I check/taaaaaank call k9ss

I bet all 6x otr, bet sets otr, most likely bet flop/turned 2 pairs, check 94/95/97 ott so this feels like decent bluffcatcher now blocking clubs or ace highs that could not bluff. Was very unsure which hands exactly I should be calling here, but this felt like good one

Hand 2

Pure bubble, 46k min cash, fish2013 jams sb off 80bbs, I have 18bbs and KQhh I'm 10/10 and it's very very close but I took a bunch of FGS into account and finally decided to fold, very close though.

Hand 3

Final table, Oles had to play tight for last 2-3 hours which I know he won't like. Very crazy Russian opens hijac, Oles been speaking about how crazy he is with us for he last 3 hours watching him in every pot opening super wide etc. Russian opens 2.4x hijac, ole flats co and I have 8.7bbs and ATo on the button.

Good things
I do extremely well vs Russian
I do extremely well vs ole
Larger raise size means more dead money
I am in terrible seat and will get no spots to open jam and will very likely blind down to 5bbs if I fold and when blinds go up I'm fucked
If I win I go from 8.9 to 23bbs and great situation

Bad things
I
C
M

2nd shortest stack had like 250-300k.

Extremely tough spot and s usual very simple fold, I ranked a long time and still really like my reasoning. Both guys called and I lost vs AJ and KJ. Would have been a sick one to win Smiley

Anyway, I can't complain, decent cash, lots of new experiences, new player reads, new stuff to study, little bit of profit.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: October 23, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »

I've never felt more happy or proud to be part of the poker community as of today.

With 10 people left there were 7 times the short stack was all in and at risk, every time I was the second shortest stack. If they lost I would make €46,000 if they won I would be favourite to win €0. In none of the times was I anti railing the guy, in fact two clear occasions I really wanted them to win. Davide Kitai in one spot and Adrian in another spot JT v AT and he hit the Jack.

This isn't about me trying to be a great guy or not caring about the money or anything like that, of course I wanted to cash, but throughout the 4 days of playing these two high rollers in small field sizes (same 50 players basically) I've throughorly enjoyed every minute and every guy I've played with. From Dan Shak and my new friends from Dubai to the philosophical Gruissem and mischievious Schemion it's just really been a blast and I really enjoyed being part of the whole occasion.

I started thinking about how poker players are portrayed, by the public we are degenerates, by the poker rooms we are mostly were treated as scumbags, players who dare to win. The fact is every player who plays this tournament has something different about them, something that seperates then from others and that gives them that extra umpf to accumulate the wealth to be able to play tournaments like this. Whether that is through amazing business acumen, or if it's through winning a lot of money at poker over the years or even convincing others with money that their skill is enough that they should stake them into the tournament. Everybody in the field has somebody unique about them, when you look in the field everybody has their own DNA that's cool and quirky and keeps them interesting. Everybody has a really cool back story, whether that's Charlie Carrell and Ben Heath grinding up from NL10 to $100ks in the space of s couple of years or whether it's Orpen, the very smart regular who wears a face scarf and has sold his gaming company for 10x more than I've cashed at Pokerstars.

On the one hand I'm really sad that the successful players who have dedicated their last 5+ years to becoming the best in their profession are being treat like scumbags from poker sites and having to hear Negreanu telling them that "higher rake is good for the games" whilst cashing in his monthly million $.

On the other hand, I'm really happy that I was lucky to succeed in poker, a profession where it's all down to the hard work of yourself rather than having to rely on your Dad going to university with the manager of the company. What it means is that when you are successful and you're at the top of the tree you're surrounded by really good guys that are a pleasure to spend time with, not some Wall Street Coke heads or Eton boys club members.

I'm not sure where poker is heading in the next few years, nobody can really tell, but I think that whatever you do, don't have any regrets. Understand and plan what's best for you, if it's best to play a lot online, accumulate as much immediate wealth as possible, then that's fine. If it's playing satalites to as many live MTTs and seeing the world through WPTs and Unibet Opens then that's fine too, don't let this period slip by by being lazy and not putting the effort in to at least knowing what you want from this crazy game. I let too much time go by doing nothing and just waiting for the next series or next big trip. Moving forward I'm always going to be active in this poker world, whether that's intense studying to get better so I can accumulate money, or if it's travelling the live circuit or going into lockdown for 3 weeks of a series, I'm not going to just wake up, go to Kfc, play some Fifa and maybe watch a few documentaries. Poker was alive and strong in the 90s, it was a lot stronger and more alive in the 2000s, it's still giving us so many opportunities day to day in the 2010's, don't let it get to 2021 sitting in your office, writing your holiday request form to your manager and having flashbacks to 2017 where you decided not to go to WPT Brussels because you coudlnt really be bothered.

The People you meet there will be a lot more interesting and entertaining to you than your colleagues of the future.

At times this year I really felt lost, occasionally disillusioned, perhaps even momentarily out of love with poker, but tonight I go to bed appreciating the game, enjoying the roller coaster it presents us and promising myself to embrace every second of its diminishing future.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: October 24, 2016, 12:33:34 AM »

With 10 people left there were 7 times the short stack was all in and at risk, every time I was the second shortest stack. If they lost I would make €46,000 if they won I would be favourite to win €0. In none of the times was I anti railing the guy, in fact two clear occasions I really wanted them to win. Davide Kitai in one spot and Adrian in another spot JT v AT and he hit the Jack.

What??? Come on, calling huge BS here! You're on a 43,000 euro bubble and you're sweating Davide Kitai not to bust??

idiot

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: October 25, 2016, 04:35:55 AM »

Decided to play Sunday online, main event on Monday and skip the 10k

At 1am I messaged my horses that I would be streaming "four huge stacks". I was 2/20 in the warmup, big stack in both 530s and top 10 in the milly.

Quickly lost very big chip lead pot in the milly ak v a9 where he just ripped in 80+bbs over my 3bet Cheesy

Cashed the party 530s and had the big sweat in the warm up. The field was incredible. I lost 5 all is but it didn't really matter, I was able to make a lot of chips from obvious errors from opponents. There was one Swiss whale who was going insanely crazy, 3xn, 3bettinf, limping etx, we were the two big stacks and I passed up one really good spot to bluff jam the river vs him and preserve my stack. It was probably better to jam in a vaccum but with 12 left I was happy to keep my 40bbs or whatever and save them.

Almost instantly I get kings and there's a 10bb rejam and he cold calls, I have KK and click it back, we get it in and he has AA. Was a sad way to go, but really enjoyed my session. Was so fun playing only 6 tables maximum because of table space and moving forward I'm 100% going to cut out the lower buy ins of my schedule and just focus on the bigger and better stuff. I've changed a lot in my game in last 3 weeks, especially working hard in pio on some stuff. It's very difficult to input some stuff regarding pio but I think I've found a method that works well for me to get the best results.

Anyway, today was the main, had an extremely fun table, lots of nice guys and I was playing extremely loose. Made 3/4 big folds and 3/4 big bluffs, my image was definitely absolutely crazy. I have probably 5 noteworthy hands but very tired now. All came to an end when I open AA and overbet turn and bet river big on q22t6ddhhh vs bb.

Sick thing is I got a live read that he had a 2 on the flop, but would have just been too ridic to not bet turn and river. I blocked his Ace highs that could fold the turn vs big bet so definitely couldn't check that street, but in blanking turns I was planning on checking and calling/folding river. Least the reads were on point. Don't think checking river is really an option co vs bb unfortunately.

So busted and came back to room and ran some really interesting spots and then played some 3 handed 5/10 vs some very good players. Have been playing more recently and Doing quite well. I think k the best part of my game is definitely playing exploitative and making big fodls/calls/raises based on player/population reads, but also realise that playing a schedule full of highrollers I need to get my game to a level where I think I'm winning in tough 5/10 line ups. I'll work hard to make sure that happens.

I'm left in bit of s pickle now, the fields here are awfully small, way worse than other stops and there is not much to play until the 10k on Thursday. I could go back to Newcastle for a few days, back to Budapest, maybe straight to Nottingham.. Unsure yet, will see how I feel in the morning when I wake up.

I guess it will be play the 2k, run bad, come on here, moan and then win the Super Tuesday Wink

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: October 25, 2016, 04:36:43 AM »

What??? Come on, calling huge BS here! You're on a 43,000 euro bubble and you're sweating Davide Kitai not to bust??

idiot

Haha I know right? Weird Cheesy

We ended up swapping some action too

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: