blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 46560 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »

Just seen the payout structure.

Big sigh that you have to beat 893 people to make more than a bag Sad

If i havent got 5x average by the first break im off to the cash games.  

You need to beat a lot more than that to win 20x your buy in at the World Series.

If the prizes don't suit you that may be because you entered the wrong tournament?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:05:55 AM by david3103 » Logged

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:46 AM »

You wont be able to see but the first break. Lunch?

Popadopkin, how many we got for this piss up thing. I mean im still game if we have a good few, and are planning on going out when we all bust etc. but just means i need to book a hotel for sat night.

How about Frankie n Bennys before hand. Food will only soak up beer mid session. Plus dtd food menu is a bit poop. Meet there say 12? or later if you want, 25/50 level can gtfo Cheesy

At the moment is seems like it might be just the three of us getting on it.  Sad Sure we can recruit some more on the day.

Mmmmm, I am happy with 12, but will double confirm when I wake up Saturday morning. On a mad one Friday night.

Stop at mine if you wish.

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »

Popadopkin, how many we got for this piss up thing. I mean im still game if we have a good few, and are planning on going out when we all bust etc. but just means i need to book a hotel for sat night.

How about Frankie n Bennys before hand. Food will only soak up beer mid session. Plus dtd food menu is a bit poop. Meet there say 12? or later if you want, 25/50 level can gtfo Cheesy

At the moment is seems like it might be just the three of us getting on it.  Sad Sure we can recruit some more on the day.

Mmmmm, I am happy with 12, but will double confirm when I wake up Saturday morning. On a mad one Friday night.

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

No chance. Will be out with the hound.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »

I can appreciate not accepting alternates to control numbers, but would you resell seats of non attendees after say 2 hours of no show?

And ftr, yes my plans have now changed and I can now make it but I didn't buy in!

Reselling seats would assist in ensuring the record is broken, and I'm thinking Friday. ;0)

Bump this question - do dtd have an official line yet?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »

I can appreciate not accepting alternates to control numbers, but would you resell seats of non attendees after say 2 hours of no show?

And ftr, yes my plans have now changed and I can now make it but I didn't buy in!

Reselling seats would assist in ensuring the record is broken, and I'm thinking Friday. ;0)

why would it be any different to any other tournament? you don't sell someone's seat just cos they've not showed up after 2 hours

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »

why would it be any different to any other tournament? you don't sell someone's seat just cos they've not showed up after 2 hours

This.

Also how would it affect the record?

The record stands at 832 or thereabouts. There's 900 registered hence the record will be 900.

If they don't show up I'm pretty sure they still count.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »

Dear Mr Johnson

Our official line is you have fucked it.

Thanks

All at DTD

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure that stacks get removed after a few hours if no one is sat behind them, at least they do in gukpts

outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2010, 02:40:20 PM »

And fwiw it is diff to other tourneys as they dtd usually accept alternates

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:57:56 PM by outragous76 » Logged

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

OK, well I gotta pick Carla up from train station on the way to DTD, so if anyone else fancys joining us for Lunch at 12 pop along.

Will drink accordingly through the day then, if we end up going out ill prob take u up on your offer Stu.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

OK, well I gotta pick Carla up from train station on the way to DTD, so if anyone else fancys joining us for Lunch at 12 pop along.

Will drink accordingly through the day then, if we end up going out ill prob take u up on your offer Stu.

Carla?

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

Carla?

Goddard. She roped me into it. Im too kind you see.

s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:33 PM »

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

Carla?

Goddard. She Groped me into it. Im too kind you see.

FYP

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »

suggestion for rob is a comp held over 3 weekends with 1800 runners

week 1 saturday 1a
week 1 sunday day 1b

week 2 saturday 1c
week  2 sunday 1d

week 3 saturday day 2
week 3 sunday day 3 (FT)

£75 buy in possible prize pool of £135k

love to see you try this shatter the records

all i need is someone to speak to ryanair and get the flights to EMA back from the north of scotland

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Mattu 12 o'clock lunch?
Anyone else?

Carla?

Goddard. She roped me into it. Im too kind you see.

He knows who you mean you plank. It was just his way of saying ok enjoy ur lunch

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: