blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Its Broken
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Its Broken  (Read 5264 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »

I'm all done in this thread (edit - lies)

Sorry for any inconvenience
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:14:47 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »

Fucking facebook.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.c58dd58.1285273243.3e10f3

NO ITS FUCKING BROKEN!
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »

sorry rant over Tongue its working again atm
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

"Temporary bus stop - Sorry for any inconvenience"

Walked past that earlier. Made me think of this thread Smiley

Blue text
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

I would like to put a different slant on this post if i may.

Traffic lights.

I hate them !!  Its my firm belief that in most cases traffic flows far far better when they are not working ( broken ).
Some of you may have found yourself sitting in built up traffic at certain times of the day. IE rush hour because the set of traffic light ahead of you
turn green for just about the right time to let 3 vehicles past them.

This video http://www.wimp.com/trafficlights/ shows just how unnecessary some traffic lights can be.

Now I'm not saying all traffic lights are unnecessary. But do we really need all of the ones we have ? .

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »

Temporary road works traffic lights

We drove through Harpenden at about 4pm last week and a set of temporary lights where set up for some hole in the road utility repair.

Trouble was the lights stayed on red in both directions, lol

As the traffic built up for about a mile in each direction, the centre of Harpenden was gridlocked.

We found a way around the side roads and managed to escape ,lol

Them Lights were Broken
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:11:34 PM by The-Crow » Logged

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

You have one second after the red light has come on to evade the anti-jumper camera.

Sometimes road traffic accidents are caused by people driving fast at a green light, not taking into account the fact that the light might not be green when they reach it. These are known as 'stale greens'.

You can sometimes make a lights at red turn to green by approaching them very slowly.

Red means 'stop' but so does 'amber', it does not mean 'drive fast and beat the red light'.

If the green man is blinking a pedestrian should not start to cross, but, correct me if I'm wrong, they should not expect to get hit by motorists who have started to drive off, you drive off only when the light is at green. I nearly got hit by someone who ignored this rule recently.
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »

More on Traffic Lights

In MIlton Keynes nearly all crossroads have 4 way lights , so when the light is green, you can turn right, as 3 wait and 1 goes

When Milton Keyney's travel to other cities , They often get hit turning right by on coming traffic,

as most other cities have 2 way lights at crossroads, where you must Wait to turn right

In this case Its Milton Keynes Cars that get broken

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 02:47:38 AM »

Went into Iceland tonight and a large sign said  WE DELIVER

Unfortunately It was Unavailable.

After I took the picture, the store manager came up to me very angry,and said, "you must ask permission before taking any pictures."

I said wheres the sign at the entrance to the shop saying " Customer's cannot take pictures , whilst in this store "

He said it was very rude to take pictures without permission . How would I like it if he took pictures of me while I was shopping.

I said " Your CCTV is filming people all the time without their permission "

He explained that many people had complained that  they could not deliver , as the driver was off sick.

So he put up the sign.

Maybe the manager and  all of his staff did not have a driving Licence. lol

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 03:14:07 AM »

The line we were told to use back in MaccyD's when people took pictures was that it was a security issue.

You might be taking the pictures to familiarise yourself with the layout of the store, you take them home and make strategy decisions in a smoky room before coming back with your mates and your masks to execute the perfect burglary.

We told this to little old ladys taking picture of their grandchildren with their happy meals. Felt a little silly.

Nowadays I have a greater understanding of game theory, and so appreciate the security risk that not being suspicious of little old ladys involves. If the other side knows we're not regarding old ladys out for the day with their grandkids with massive amounts of suspicion then they're going to change their tactics to take advantage of this. Maybe it would involve some kind of blackmail scenario, like series 1 of 24 when they have Kim and make Jack kill Nena.

In the same manner, I may decide that people who are members of my family are very unlikely to be taking photos to plan a heist. But if I no longer comfiscate their cameras and start ripping the film out of them then the bad guys will know this and adjust their tactics. Maybe it would involve some kind of John Travolta/Nicholas Cage face transplant.

The application of game theory has improved my life in so many ways. My brother came for tea the other day and before he came in the house I got him to lie on the floor and put his hands on his head while I frisked him for weapons. The bad guys know there's no point in doing the face-off operation because it doesn't guarantee victory. As a direct result of this policy (possibly), nobody I love has ever been a victim of facial theft (that I know of).

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »

Great Tale Mr. Tank,

But I thought I could take pictures anywhere in a public place. Most journalists do.

Whats the law regarding photos, do I need permission in a shop

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »

photographers rights available from here http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/uk-photographers-rights-v2/

looks like the shop can impose any condition they like on entry to their property including no photography. if they haven't made that condition clear then you're doing nothing wrong by taking photos but they can obv ask you to leave and make it a condition of future entry

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: