blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  **Technolog's blonde Walking Club**
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Technolog's blonde Walking Club**  (Read 8496 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »

As the title suggests.  He's looking to shed a few and loves to go for long walks.  Willing to travel to special destinations for full days of it.  Wouldn't catch me doing it, but there ya go. 

Anyone else out there into walking for miles to keep fit?  Give a shout here and ye can start a blonde walking club. 

He'll be on in a bit to 'splain further as it's miles out of my league.

Happy walking folks!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »

fml

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

fml

Yep...that should clear it up.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

Spare a thought for those Blonde members that have ruptured ligaments getting out of bed recently, I am sure they dream of joining a walking club.

When will these poker players learn to take it easy 

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »

i'd be up for a hike.  nothing more than about 5 miles though, and I ain't walking through fields with cows in 'em.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »

i'd be up for a hike.  nothing more than about 5 miles though, and I ain't walking through fields with cows in 'em.

5 miles ffs? I was thinking a nice steady 15 or so.

Cows are fine. It's the ones with the bowls in a leather bag yer gorra watch. Had a contretemps with a fella the other day who didn't think I ought to be walking through his field. Which was interesting.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »

As yer picking up new walking partners on this gig, might be no harm to allow for beginners and start with a less frightening distance.  5 miles might not frighten them as much as...ohhhhhh, I dunno...walking across an entire county! 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:30 PM »

Cows are fine. It's the ones with the bowls in a leather bag yer gorra watch. Had a contretemps with a fella the other day who didn't think I ought to be walking through his field. Which was interesting.

6 then.  i'm not budging on the cow thing tho.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

The 1066 country walk is a nice walk - http://www.walkingpages.co.uk/trails_paths/ldp1066walk.htm

Two walks really though, 25 km ish each though. Only one field with cows in though IIRC.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »

As the title suggests.  He's looking to shed a few and loves to go for long walks.  Willing to travel to special destinations for full days of it.  Wouldn't catch me doing it, but there ya go. 

Anyone else out there into walking for miles to keep fit?  Give a shout here and ye can start a blonde walking club. 

He'll be on in a bit to 'splain further as it's miles out of my league.

Happy walking folks!!!

What I actually said to Dawn was 'do you know anyone on blonde who enjoys walking?'. I kid you not, this thread appeared 2 mins later. Marv.

Right, now I've been outted as a saddo (again), I'm going to be doing the Coast to Coast walk sometime next year. I imagine most of you have heard of it; it's around a 200 mile stroll from St Bees in the west to Robin Hood's Bay in the east, taking in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors.

My erstwhile walking partner has already done it so I was thinking of doing it on my own. But, if there's one or two others interested it might make for good craic.

I was thinking of doing it in two weeks and three weekends, perhaps with one or two rest days thrown in along the way. That would make a daily average of about 14 miles. Would be stopping in b&bs, hostels etc.

I had next August pencilled in but might need to wait for season 5 APAT to be announced before a final decision.

Would be okay with a few pints along the way but wouldn't wanna be necking more than about 4 or 5 before a day's walking.

If there's any interest give me a shout on here or, if you don't want to be outted, PM me.

Cheers Dawn Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »

You'll need training for that.  Wee walks with the likes of Claire work perfect in the run up...as long as ya swerve the moo cows.

Yer doing great Lads.  Carry on.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »

As yer picking up new walking partners on this gig, might be no harm to allow for beginners and start with a less frightening distance.  5 miles might not frighten them as much as...ohhhhhh, I dunno...walking across an entire county! 

Yeah I'd be happy enough to do a tiddler. To make it worthwhile with the likely travelling involved though, might be nice to combine with a night out on the lash & a hotel/b&b?

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

I quite enjoy walking around the disc golf course, would be less fun without stopping occasionally to throw things though.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »

might be nice to combine with a night out on the lash & a hotel/b&b?

ldo.  get on it jack!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 12:15:03 PM »

Maintenance was being done on the lift at work this morning so I had to walk from the 1st to the 5th floor. ffs

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: