blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  **Technolog's blonde Walking Club**
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Technolog's blonde Walking Club**  (Read 8569 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »

Maintenance was being done on the lift at work this morning so I had to walk from the 1st to the 5th floor. ffs

Did they apologise for the inconvenience?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 12:46:53 PM »

Spare a thought for those Blonde members that have ruptured ligaments getting out of bed recently, I am sure they dream of joining a walking club.

what a way to do it..u having op? 4 months post op and its like a stiff board atm but walking helps.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »

As the title suggests.  He's looking to shed a few and loves to go for long walks.  Willing to travel to special destinations for full days of it.  Wouldn't catch me doing it, but there ya go. 

Anyone else out there into walking for miles to keep fit?  Give a shout here and ye can start a blonde walking club. 

He'll be on in a bit to 'splain further as it's miles out of my league.

Happy walking folks!!!

What I actually said to Dawn was 'do you know anyone on blonde who enjoys walking?'. I kid you not, this thread appeared 2 mins later. Marv.

Right, now I've been outted as a saddo (again), I'm going to be doing the Coast to Coast walk sometime next year. I imagine most of you have heard of it; it's around a 200 mile stroll from St Bees in the west to Robin Hood's Bay in the east, taking in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors.

My erstwhile walking partner has already done it so I was thinking of doing it on my own. But, if there's one or two others interested it might make for good craic.

I was thinking of doing it in two weeks and three weekends, perhaps with one or two rest days thrown in along the way. That would make a daily average of about 14 miles. Would be stopping in b&bs, hostels etc.

I had next August pencilled in but might need to wait for season 5 APAT to be announced before a final decision.

Would be okay with a few pints along the way but wouldn't wanna be necking more than about 4 or 5 before a day's walking.

If there's any interest give me a shout on here or, if you don't want to be outted, PM me.

Cheers Dawn Smiley

I'd be interested in this Jack can you link me to a decent site for the Coast to Coast route.

Anytime you're up Edinburgh way, make sure you gimme a shout if you have a day to spare, some great walks up this way as you'd imagine.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »

Spare a thought for those Blonde members that have ruptured ligaments getting out of bed recently, I am sure they dream of joining a walking club.

what a way to do it..u having op? 4 months post op and its like a stiff board atm but walking helps.

had to read that twice Shocked 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:54 PM »

Maintenance was being done on the lift at work this morning so I had to walk from the 1st to the 5th floor. ffs

Wait til its fixed obv.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »

how did you get to the 1st floor?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »

Maintenance wasn't being done when I first arrived this morning.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58:45 PM »

Maintenance wasn't being done when I first arrived this morning.

I hope they had a sign up apologising for the inconvenience.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

Did mine at 14 so feel for ya, the rehab from the butchers table op was awful - however this incident was not myself.  Poor old Booder lol

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »

I'd be interested in this Jack can you link me to a decent site for the Coast to Coast route.

Anytime you're up Edinburgh way, make sure you gimme a shout if you have a day to spare, some great walks up this way as you'd imagine.

Geo

Well Geo me darlin', if I'd have got a list together before I posted of people I'd like to respond, you wouldn't have been far from the top!

Haven't found any great sites yet but try these:

http://www.wainwright.org.uk/coasttocoast.html

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/info/paths/name/c/coasttocoast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_to_Coast_Walk

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »

i'd be up for a hike.  nothing more than about 5 miles though, and I ain't walking through fields with cows in 'em.

5 miles ffs? I was thinking a nice steady 15 or so.

Cows are fine. It's the ones with the bowls in a leather bag yer gorra watch. Had a contretemps with a fella the other day who didn't think I ought to be walking through his field. Which was interesting.

6 then.  i'm not budging on the cow thing tho.

might be nice to combine with a night out on the lash & a hotel/b&b?

ldo.  get on it jack!

Anyone else up for a stroll followed by a night out/stopover somewhere? One from London, one from Leicester - looks like Luton could be a possible convenient location? Stroll/beer/poker/beer anyone?

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »

Geo

Well Geo me darlin', if I'd have got a list together before I posted of people I'd like to respond, you wouldn't have been far from the top!

Haven't found any great sites yet but try these:

http://www.wainwright.org.uk/coasttocoast.html

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/info/paths/name/c/coasttocoast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_to_Coast_Walk

Appreciated Jack,

Been poring over this site http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ which can be used to plan walks/accommodation and the likes (for Mantis)

What's your thoughts on the occassional night under canvas? If I were doing this myself I'd have opted for 1 night in 3 taking accommodation and full shower/bath thingy. That said, am not sure what the rules are for pitching up in the area.

Still waiting on Red Dog chirping in  Wink

Although quite a bit away, can almost say for deffo I'd be in

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »

Angry

all I got was a '5 miles ffs'. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

Appreciated Jack,

Been poring over this site http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ which can be used to plan walks/accommodation and the likes (for Mantis)

What's your thoughts on the occassional night under canvas? If I were doing this myself I'd have opted for 1 night in 3 taking accommodation and full shower/bath thingy. That said, am not sure what the rules are for pitching up in the area.

Still waiting on Red Dog chirping in  Wink

Although quite a bit away, can almost say for deffo I'd be in

Geo

The last time I camped <insert joke here> it was in a mate's back garden aged 13 (the night Elvis Presley died interestingly enough) but wtf I'm up for anything!

I've been thinking about doing a spot of wild camping actually so I'd be keen to give it a go. Unfortunately, unlike Scotland, you can't just pitch your tent anywhere (the exception being Exmoor I believe Dartmoor) and we'd need to either use campsites or get permission from land owners. Of course, if we are in the middle of nowhere, we could probably safely flout the rules and pitch up anywhere so long as we remove all trace. We've got enough time to get it arranged anyway.

As I say, I'm a complete novice when it comes to camping and you'll need to educate me - the tent peg mallet may come in handy here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:48:12 PM by technolog » Logged

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

Angry

all I got was a '5 miles ffs'. 

Well Geo Claw me darlin', if I'd have got a list together before I posted of people I'd like to respond for a 5 mile(ffs) stroll/beer/poker/beer night out type thing, you wouldn't have been far from the top!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: