blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The worst ruling I have ever seen and it's me who has to be the victim
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The worst ruling I have ever seen and it's me who has to be the victim  (Read 32436 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »

I doubt if more than 1% of footballers have read the laws of the game but I've never played with anyone who doesn't understand them

you don't need to have read a book to know that the situation in the op is ridid
not often i agree but VALID POINT
p.s dont know how to highlight in bold writing hense caps lock on!
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »

Simon Trumper says

"The correct ruling was made. However, in the interests of standardising rules we are going to look at the TDA rules for this situation and are prepared to consider altering our rule if its in the best interests of the game. We'll consider this ruling, and the actual situation of this post, at our next TD meeting"

Perfect, next case.
why good topic ? intersting why rules vary from north to south of england! An if there is a leading card room in the uk surely they should set the standard for the best of the best of rules being known throughout the UK?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »

Simon Trumper says

"The correct ruling was made. However, in the interests of standardising rules we are going to look at the TDA rules for this situation and are prepared to consider altering our rule if its in the best interests of the game. We'll consider this ruling, and the actual situation of this post, at our next TD meeting"

Perfect, next case.

I have no doubt that this was a correct ruling

If DTD's rule is worded as Tikay suggested they all usually are, the "right to act" is open to interpretation - and the "may lose" rather than "will lose" means there are 3 or 4 rulings that could have been applied and they all would be correct

The more pertinent question is whether this was the appropriate ruling for this circumstance.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »

PS - Very well done on Thursday. You looked nailed on to scoop the first prize, but Mr J seemed to run "quite hot"!!
lol yeah ty ty, still feels like £2k lost though  Sad

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2010, 04:54:24 PM »

Simon Trumper says

Perfect, next case.

I don't think so - lets have the text of the relevant rule please.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »

Simon Trumper says

Perfect, next case.

I have no doubt that this was a correct ruling

If DTD's rule is worded as Tikay suggested they all usually are, the "right to act" is open to interpretation - and the "may lose" rather than "will lose" means there are 3 or 4 rulings that could have been applied and they all would be correct

The more pertinent question is whether this was the appropriate ruling for this circumstance.
i think by the length of the thread an the apparent proof that other places would of not killed hand it becomes clear commen sense was lacking here!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

Big Charra

The Vic may well be the pre-eminent card-room in the country.....but if not even the Grosvenor estate uses the rules the Vic uses, then why is anyone else going to?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2010, 05:02:43 PM »

lets have the text of the relevant rule please.

can anyone find this? I've just looked through dtd's rules as published online and can't find anything referring to this situation. do they defer to tda rules if their own don't cover something?

in fact the only mention of a hand ever being ruled dead is after a countdown when a clock's been called

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2010, 05:06:43 PM »

Big Charra

The Vic may well be the pre-eminent card-room in the country.....but if not even the Grosvenor estate uses the rules the Vic uses, then why is anyone else going to?
mmm bit hostile there tighty !rofl not saying the vic is the top dog as like i said before every place has good points an bad points that will cater for differant clients but in London an generally in the Vic to be pacific has ovbvioulsy  more professinal poker players playing there for higher stakes so i would think there rules are more on par to please the Us an European clients that go through the doors an im trying to be non biased in the agument wheres i feel others maybe defending the ruling in the base of loyalty of Dtd as a club for saying the ruling is right ? Just my opionion !
This is not an attack at Dtd its an opinion of the rules being differant at 2 of the main Card rooms in the UK ?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »

Big Charra

mmm bit hostile there tighty !rofl not saying the vic is the top dog as like i said before every place has good points an bad points that will cater for differant clients but in London an generally in the Vic to be pacific has ovbvioulsy  more professinal poker players playing there for higher stakes so i would think there rules are more on par to please the Us an European clients that go through the doors an im trying to be non biased in the agument wheres i feel others maybe defending the ruling in the base of loyalty of Dtd as a club for saying the ruling is right ? Just my opionion !
This is not an attack at Dtd its an opinion of the rules being differant at 2 of the main Card rooms in the UK ?

Not hostile at all

I think standardisation is a good thing, and regard the Vic and DTD as 2 of the best rooms in the UK.

My point is that standardisation across different organisations is a way away, when even venues under the same ownersahip operate different rules..though this is down in this case to a Grosvenor corporate strategy that has each venue operating to "local" rules set by local management

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »

But this posts demonstrates perfectly why a simple 'read the rules' response doesn't resolve the issue here.

The cardroom ruling may have been applied perfectly in this particular case.  The issue here is that the general sentiment of replies is one of surprise at this, and additionally that the principle of the rule applied is 'wrong'.

I'm grateful that the topic was raised, because I've learned something new today that I can, in theory, protect myself from in future.  The problem here is that, in my opinion, I can't adquately protect myself from angle-shooters wishing to take advantage of this rule as applied.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

Big Charra

Not hostile at all

I think standardisation is a good thing, and regard the Vic and DTD as 2 of the best rooms in the UK.

My point is that standardisation across different organisations is a way away, when even venues under the same ownersahip operate different rules..though this is down in this case to a Grosvenor corporate strategy that has each venue operating to "local" rules set by local management
just joking m8 its all toungue an cheek its just an tersting topic which surely long term may be beneficary because its about time the uk has standard rules for all clubs no matter who owns them as most of same people play all tours so can only benefit the clubs an players long term as a collective!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

But this posts demonstrates perfectly why a simple 'read the rules' response doesn't resolve the issue here.

The cardroom ruling may have been applied perfectly in this particular case.  The issue here is that the general sentiment of replies is one of surprise at this, and additionally that the principle of the rule applied is 'wrong'.

I'm grateful that the topic was raised, because I've learned something new today that I can, in theory, protect myself from in future.  The problem here is that, in my opinion, I can't adquately protect myself from angle-shooters wishing to take advantage of this rule as applied.

Excellent point

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

ok to be frank something stinks here.

It seems to me that because DtD have a big influence here, a legitimate grievance is being ignored by some senior figures on this forum.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »

Not at all, imo. I am at DTD and have spoken to two of the TDs and Simon Trumper about the thread..asked them to look at it and they have agreed to consider the thread/rule/situation

Whether they do so or not is nothing to do with me or any "senior" blonde figures, its up to DTD.

I've said I've seen this exact rule applied at DTD and other UK card-rooms, which I have, but equally understand the concerns which many express

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: