blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012 Olympics - Ticket Prices announced
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Olympics - Ticket Prices announced  (Read 9342 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »

If you try to buy the top tier of prices, does that mean you are more likely to get the seats, or are you just as likely as someone who tries to buy the bottom level.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 10:58:13 PM »

Think I will just go for it and if I end up with too many, give ones I don't want as Christmas presents.

You do know that the person who buys the tickets has to be there don't you?

I've gone for 8 sessions, most of them are just for the 'Olympic experience' there's only 2 I particularly want to get.

There will be an official ticket reselling site where tickets can be sold at face value (probably minus a Visa admin fee). But that won't be opened for something like 6 months.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

If you try to buy the top tier of prices, does that mean you are more likely to get the seats, or are you just as likely as someone who tries to buy the bottom level.

No idea how many tickets they're allocating for each tier. Even though they're saying that 80% of tickets will be in the cheapest bracket (it might not be 80%),  they haven't said that for popular sessions at the athletics there will be the same distribution of tickets.

When you submit your request, you choose your preferred price, bbut also choose a price range.  I assume the cheaper seats will have more people going for them, giving you a better chance of getting a ticket at a higher price.  But that's just me guessing...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »

pretty redic i have applied for the opening ceramony one as this should be incred price difference are redic tho

Just me
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 12:13:01 AM »

pretty redic i have applied for the opening ceramony one as this should be incred price difference are redic tho

I wouldn't go to the opening or closing ceremonies if they were free and on in Darlington!

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »

I wouldn't go to the opening or closing ceremonies if they were free and on in Darlington!

y not

Just me
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 12:25:32 AM »

y not

because it'd involve going to darlington at a guess

then again I live in stratford and very much doubt I'd bother wandering down the road to either even if they were free

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 02:37:13 AM »

y not

Why would you want to see a load of athletes walking round the track NOT competing?

Boris Johnson, Seb Coe, The Queen, Mick Hucknall singing the National Anthem.

Hell, I'd pay good money NOT to attend.

Why would anyone rather see a load of singing, dancing and stuff rather than Usain Bolt winning the 100m?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »

y not

Why would you want to see a load of athletes walking round the track NOT competing?

Why would anyone rather see a load of singing, dancing and stuff rather than Usain Bolt winning the 100m?

Mick Hucknall is singing the national anthem?  Please tell me this is a joke.  Please....

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »

y not

Mick Hucknall is singing the national anthem?  Please tell me this is a joke.  Please....

With Boris Johnson, Seb Coe and the Queen? Please tell me this is true, please...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »

y not

With Boris Johnson, Seb Coe and the Queen? Please tell me this is true, please...

Abba tribute band?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »

y not

Did you know the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

God Save the Queen!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

y not

God Save the Queen!

It's not the most ridiculous thing ever.  Probably more likely to be someone like Leona Lewis, but I find her far less offensive than Hucknall.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »

y not

God Save the Queen!

It's not the most ridiculous thing ever.  Probably more likely to be someone like Leona Lewis, but I find her far less offensive than Hucknall.

I just came up with the most offensive tosser I could think of who would fit in well with the other 3!

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »

Come Dine With Me Xmas special lineup revealed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: