blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:49:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD & Blonde.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD & Blonde.  (Read 5715 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 01:07:28 AM »

I would love to 24 table on DTD's software but for many reasons that's not possible.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 01:10:44 AM »

It could be that no-one had a blonde badge on them in Vegas? Dunno just a possibility.

1) It was not delivering financially. Hard as we & they tried, we could not get blondes to support DTD Online.

I've said it a few times before, but I really don't think it sunk in to the guys at DTD that their site is just really horrible for grinding on. It's ok for the recreational players who play one table here and there or a couple of MTTs and I've played the odd satellite on there but these are not the people that are really going to make any money for DTD.

I would have played on pretty much any skin blonde had as I was doing when blonde was with ipoker, but I just could not do it on that software and I'm sure it was the same for many others.

Got to agree with Cos Here, I supported DTD on Crypto as much as I could, & on Boss initally, now I only play the DTD sats, I just wish Rob brings Crypto back,

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 01:13:03 AM »

It could be that no-one had a blonde badge on them in Vegas? Dunno just a possibility.

1) It was not delivering financially. Hard as we & they tried, we could not get blondes to support DTD Online.

I've said it a few times before, but I really don't think it sunk in to the guys at DTD that their site is just really horrible for grinding on. It's ok for the recreational players who play one table here and there or a couple of MTTs and I've played the odd satellite on there but these are not the people that are really going to make any money for DTD.

I would have played on pretty much any skin blonde had as I was doing when blonde was with ipoker, but I just could not do it on that software and I'm sure it was the same for many others.

Got to agree with Cos Here, I supported DTD on Crypto as much as I could, & on Boss initally, now I only play the DTD sats, I just wish Rob brings Crypto back,

+1

bring back tribecca

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 01:21:36 AM »

bring back tribecca

+10000000

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »

5 figures! wp Flushy.

Obv no Blonde patches in Vegas, they only came out month ago iirc and Flushy can't just get one insta made when he makes a final.

Do you have figures on how many people view the front page of blonde? I know I just use the /forum link.

I suspect Stars will be the new site in January as they just want to take over the world. That would be fun, free seats to UKIPT's etc.

I enjoyed working for Blonde at DTD a couple of months ago and by large was treated OK by DTD. It is very unfortunate that this is getting removed next month as almost every new player joins the forum to view "their" updates. I know there is like 20+ people from Newcastle on Blonde every month and perhaps 5 new members that wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the updates. Shame.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 03:42:33 AM »

Obv no Blonde patches in Vegas, they only came out month ago iirc and Flushy can't just get one insta made when he makes a final.

lol newbiements

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 04:52:51 AM »

this

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »

i am fairly new to blonde in comparison to most and only really just started getting more involved instead of just reading,
mainly down to to partnership with dtd and blonde i play as often as i can on dtd poker for satellites and other small stakes

i agree with most i used to play William hill on crypto leej008 and 4kinghell on dtd played alot with dewi (if he can remember that far back).

most of my mates now read blonde due to the updates for dtd i think it may have worked in reverse to what dtd where hoping for
two reasons i don't grind on dtd is one the software and two fpp cant do nothing with them apart from odd satellite!!
when club and site first opened you could use points to spend in the club now that is an incentive to play on there site!

all in all though its a shame cos for me the two together fits like a glove

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »

i agree with most i used to play William hill on crypto leej008 and 4kinghell on dtd played alot with dewi (if he can remember that far back).

i would be surprised if Dewi can remember last night
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »

Now I'm very drunk so I'll state that first and I also think Flushy is one of the nicest people from Blonde that I've met and I generally couldn't really give a shit how much money ppl have,trust me, BUT how come Flushy didn't wear a Blonde badge when he played  the WSOP ft's ? Now I know I'm a clown but was he not allowed to ? If he was then why are people wasting time wearing them in a DTD 300 when the owner of Blonde didn't bother to on worldwide scene and if he wasn't allowed then WTF ?

I like DTD but I love Blonde and I know you aren't going against each other but Blonde will be fine.

i kew i had seen it somewhere  but Flushy DID have the Blonde badge on show at the wsop he had it resting on his chips i have seen a few pis of this and just taken me an hour to find one

wp flusy

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »

^^Obv didn`t want to ruin that incred shirt.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »

I never understand why DTD the cardroom (which is top class) wants to be associated with DTD the online poker site (which isn't). I couldn't have any less of an idea how much money you get from a poker skin, but I'd be surprised if any revenues it does generate would make up for the effect of putting off other online sites from hosting their events at DTD- I'm surprised that PokerStars like their UKIPT being held there for example.

Imagine DTD satellites being played on a major site (or even a range of eurosites). How many more runners would every event get at DTD?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »

TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »

Went to DTD for the first time in September for the SPT final ...can i use the same registration to play online or do I need to send shnizzle over?

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »

As soon as DTD informed us, we set out to find new Sponsors.

Three parties were keen to work with us, & all three were very acceptable, & fit for purpose.

All wanted exclusivity, of course.

Eventually, one was selected, & their Tenancy will commence on January 1st.

We will not reveal their name until then, as that would not be fair on DTD, who have paid up until Dec 31st.

On January 1st, we start over.

Very intensive & detailed planning is already in train to start with a bang, & sleeves are rolled up to try & make it work. I'm very optimistic that this time, we can get the blondes to support the Sponsors, which, in turn, pays blondes bills.

We shall see.

Onwards & upwards, as ever.
Hi Tikay,
So will an anouncement be made on here on the 1st Jan about the future?
Sincerely hope all goes well with this as although not been on here for that long think its brilliant and if only work didnt have net nanny would be over a thousand posts by now.

Note to santa need one of those I-phone things!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: