blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 400865 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »

Vinny.

Your attitude to poker slightly disappoints me tbh.  You massively under-perform, & don't give of your best. You could be vey good, you should be very good. I mean it. I know you enthusiastically obey the Golden Rule of Recreational Poker, over & & above everythng else, which is to enjoy the game. But really, you should do so much better, as you clearly have the ability.

So, are you gonna buck up?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

It's too early in your diary's life to ask too much about yoiur visit to the Cemetary this afternoon, though I can but imagine......

I thought long & hard last night, (which I spent happily alone, & in peace), about 2010 & prior "absent friends", & related stuff. You are some brave bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

Your Mum and dad's relationship sounds the same as my parents Smiley I grew up thinking they really must hate each other but with age I came to realise that was how they made it work for so long!

Hardest part of a blog for me is getting round to sitting down and actually updating it: by the time i do I've forgotten most of what i should be writing about.

Hope your 2011 is a good year for you and if you only achieve half of what you set out to do this year, I'm sure it will be a great year.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 01:19:17 PM »

Looking forward to reading this Vinny.

Hope 2011 is a better year for you, in all respects, than 2010.

+1

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »

Hope to see you at Luton later.

come early for the freeroll Tom.  [ ] you'll love it.  [X] but I will fetch you a cup of tea Smiley

I'll prob regret asking, but what is the "Freeroll"?

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »

Vincenzo, what happened to the 'Chubby Chronicles' we agreed on?

This will be a good read - look forward to it.

What time is Luton £150 tonight and is it 1 dayer?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »

So, as blonde is a poker forum, let's start with that!

I'm mainly a live player, most of my poker is played at Luton but i do try to get to other venues as and when i can.

This year I'm gonna try and get around more, playing a lot in the one place is bad for your game I think. Luton generally has a good standard, but my reputation for being 'not as tight as I used to be' goes before me.

One of the things i have been guilty of in the past is spewing money in poker, don't get me wrong, I'n no Greekstein in that respect, but in relative terms it's probably quite similar.

I also picked a habit up mid-tourney of just thinking ahh, fk it, I can't be bothered with this and donked my chips off at the earliest opportunity. I don't know why I done it, probably a few reasons, but it's not a good attitude to have obv. It's something that i have managed to knock on the head mainly, and I will keep a running profit & loss of every game of poker i play, live or online, cash or tournaments and maybe throw the odd hand in too, can only help me imrove.

At the moment I'm proud to say, I've had a breakeven year Smiley One way or another that will change tonight, first up is the £150 f/o at Luton. gl me.

Epic Fail...been trying to get you to do this for five years...

P.S.  This will be a good read..for the 8 days you do t for..

P.P.S  Good luck Cock

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

Hi Vinnie

Really looking forward to reading this.

Admire you for starting now - as January is likely to be a difficult month for you.

Good luck with the diary and with this years goals. Writing them down and going public with them can only help.

As an ex accountant, I obviously agree that record keeping is important. With Excel it all can be done quickly and easily. I'd be happy to share mine with you and help you set yours up.  

My wife hates gambling (and the thought of being married to a "gambler"), but she is hugely reassured when she sees I have it all under control on my spreadsheet! She likes the positive figures too  Smiley

See you later and all the best for 2011.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:21:21 PM by Lucky » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

Vinny is currently offline, so I'll take that - 6pm, & yes, a 1 dayer. 11,500 chips for early registrations.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »

Vinny is currently offline, so I'll take that - 6pm, & yes, a 1 dayer. 11,500 chips for early registrations.

thanks Tony. Hopefully see u there

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »

Best of luck with this Vinny. Should be a good read.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 01:35:06 AM »

Top five players in Luton?

And is being a mod harder than you thought?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 04:22:38 AM »

Oh well, things can only get better as they say. Enjoyed dinner, lost count of the arguments / niggles at about 6 or 7 i think, lol they were even arguing about what they were arguing about at one point. Still, they seemed quite happy when i left.

Played the £150 at Luton, flopped 3 sets and lost, turned a set and lost, got AA and won, turned a full house and lost, tried a bluff and lost, Shoved with 99 and Red-Dog was waiting in the BB with AA. All withing the 1st level or so. WP me.

So, i went to Stanleys in time for a 7.30 start. I wont be troubling the remaining players on the final day. Could do nothing right after paying of someone who got there on the river, and in truth played absolutely terrible.

Played some cash too, sure went well.

Tournies played: 2

Entry fees £330

Cash Games: £190

Total profit/Loss £520

All figures will be rounded up and dont include % sold or staking etc.

Next comp will prob be the £100 f/o tomorrow, doubt i will be able to get to the 5er comp as it's Rangers v Celtic tomorrow. Looking forward to it but i don't think we have a chance. Rangers to shade it 3-0.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »

Hi Vinnie

Really looking forward to reading this.

Admire you for starting now - as January is likely to be a difficult month for you.

Good luck with the diary and with this years goals. Writing them down and going public with them can only help.

As an ex accountant, I obviously agree that record keeping is important. With Excel it all can be done quickly and easily. I'd be happy to share mine with you and help you set yours up.  

My wife hates gambling (and the thought of being married to a "gambler"), but she is hugely reassured when she sees I have it all under control on my spreadsheet! She likes the positive figures too  Smiley

See you later and all the best for 2011.

Cheers Alan, and lol @ you being a gambler. You only ever get it in with the best hand :-)

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 04:37:54 AM »

Top five players in Luton?
Urgh, this question is almost impossible to answer, I'll go for the top 5 in the blonde league last year as Sicilidonk said it is a good indicator of who is good and who isn't.

And is being a mod harder than you thought?

No, It's quite easy, especially at the moment. The forum seems a happier place imo. The first couple of months were busy because of all the stuff that was going on, but it soon settled down.
I still love it when Greeky comes on MSN and tells me i have changed. The strange thing for me, and maybe it's quite unique is that i seem to get on / understand everyone, the young and the old, the loud and the quiet. Still wouldn't hesitate to vote to ban someone i considered a friend if I felt it was justified. It would be quite easy to seperate the forum from real life and if i was to vote for say Greeky to be banned then i'm sure it wouldn't affect our relationships in the real world. That won't happen though because Greeky is a good boy now Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: