blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 401131 times)
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »

Good luck with the diary mate - with even better luck at the tables.
Hope 2011 is a good year for you vinnie

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »

Comps played 3

Entry fees: £440

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Well done last night.

I dont mean to be picky (well, not much!), but you might want to add tourney cashes into your summary, so that it reads easier....

E.g.

Entry fees: £440, Cashes £700, Profit £260

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Fucking Accountants !!  Grin

LOL!

wp Vints.

So obv u like Samaras more than me. Who's the other?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »

I usually call myself an "ex accountant" these days, having run my own recruitment company for 12 years (admittedly it was still for recruiting accountants!)

But I guess, once an accountant always an accountant!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

I usually call myself an "ex accountant" these days, having run my own recruitment company for 12 years (admittedly it was still for recruiting accountants!)

But I guess, once an accountant always an accountant!

Heh Heh..lol Alan.... trying to shake the accountant tag....

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »

Good luck with the diary mate - with even better luck at the tables.
Hope 2011 is a good year for you vinnie

Thanks Steve, you too!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »

Comps played 3

Entry fees: £440

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Well done last night.

I dont mean to be picky (well, not much!), but you might want to add tourney cashes into your summary, so that it reads easier....

E.g.

Entry fees: £440, Cashes £700, Profit £260

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Fucking Accountants !!  Grin

LOL!

wp Vints.

So obv u like Samaras more than me. Who's the other?

3. Cos Papertits

2. Ooh ahh Samaras

1. Pete Pantellis - Owner of Peters Barbecue - Edmonton. He feeds me 3 times a week minimum, never had a dodgy meal yet.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »

Just because it's safe for me to say so, Sovietsong is a big fat turd face. Smiley

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »

Another tourney at Luton last night, £50 f/o, 64 runners, i finished late 30's. wp me. Was tired, irritable, all sorts. In the end i got ruppinatored, flopped 2 pair, got clever with it, thought i had been put all in when i hadn't been, was irrelevant as even if i had shoved all in on the flop i would have still been called so i checked the turn :-) to induce, he checked back even though i had about an eighth of the pot back, so i obv put the rest in on the river which is a 4 and John calls with pocket fours.

Played cash for a bit but came to my senses and realised that i was just gonna burn money sitting there so got off whilst i could still register a small loss. It felt like a win when i got home.

Don't really like to comment on the standard of other players publicly but last nights table was just lol bad. 200 bet on the flop called by one person was ok, but was then followed by a 2000 bet on the turn that was raised to 5000, which was flat called leaving 3k back, then they get the rest in on the river, house v straight. all at 25/50.

Same guy calls my utg raise at 50-100 to 250, another guy shoves for 3500, i fold and the other guy snaps with KJ, J on the flop and another gone.

500 bet into a 300 pot was met with a raise to 2500, which was flat called, then folded to a shove on the turn. I couldn't help but laugh. Tikay was there too, and Luther, they couldn't quite believe it too. They made Tikay and Luther look good :-)

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »

Comps Played 4: £506

Cash Games: -£240

Profit/Loss -£36

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

Congrats to Gavin 'Pizzled' Kan, who won the £150 deeper stack comp at Stanleys. £4.5kish better off today. Under rated and had to sit next to the most annoying person ever for most of Saturday night.The guy seemed to hold his breath for the entire time he was in a hand and the exhale rather vigorously in Gavin's direction. Was very funny when after about the fifth time Gavin offered him a chewing gum, he accepted and seemed grateful. Not as grateful as Gavin was i would imagine...

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »

I just had to come back to Blonde to check this blog out, after hearing about it last nite from some Donk @ the G wearing a green and white scarf; he woz muttering something about his 2/3off losing to pocket Jacks (sounds ridic tbh) in the post-tourney cash game.

A good read so far Vinny; should be fun!

Not many people have had such shitty years as your 2009 and 2010, and I really do wish you all the best in 2011 m8 (& I look fwd to reading all about it on here).

In fact I may also start my own thread. How about "Retirements, and the Aftermath" or "Confessions of DrainyDonk".
You like?

Drainy.

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »

I just had to come back to Blonde to check this blog out, after hearing about it last nite from some Donk @ the G wearing a green and white scarf; he woz muttering something about his 2/3off losing to pocket Jacks (sounds ridic tbh) in the post-tourney cash game.

A good read so far Vinny; should be fun!

Not many people have had such shitty years as your 2009 and 2010, and I really do wish you all the best in 2011 m8 (& I look fwd to reading all about it on here).

In fact I may also start my own thread. How about "Retirements, and the Aftermath" or "Confessions of DrainyDonk".
You like?

Drainy.

Do it drainy, you could reach 100 pages on announcing retirements alone Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 05:56:13 PM »

Another tourney at Luton last night, £50 f/o, 64 runners, i finished late 30's. wp me. Was tired, irritable, all sorts. In the end i got ruppinatored, flopped 2 pair, got clever with it, thought i had been put all in when i hadn't been, was irrelevant as even if i had shoved all in on the flop i would have still been called so i checked the turn :-) to induce, he checked back even though i had about an eighth of the pot back, so i obv put the rest in on the river which is a 4 and John calls with pocket fours.

Played cash for a bit but came to my senses and realised that i was just gonna burn money sitting there so got off whilst i could still register a small loss. It felt like a win when i got home.

Don't really like to comment on the standard of other players publicly but last nights table was just lol bad. 200 bet on the flop called by one person was ok, but was then followed by a 2000 bet on the turn that was raised to 5000, which was flat called leaving 3k back, then they get the rest in on the river, house v straight. all at 25/50.

Same guy calls my utg raise at 50-100 to 250, another guy shoves for 3500, i fold and the other guy snaps with KJ, J on the flop and another gone.

500 bet into a 300 pot was met with a raise to 2500, which was flat called, then folded to a shove on the turn. I couldn't help but laugh. Tikay was there too, and Luther, they couldn't quite believe it too. They made Tikay and Luther look good :-)

I nearly got on your case last night, as you were not taking it "seriously", then realised you were a bit out of it, & so left you alone. I was delighted that you soon realised it was the wrong night to be playing poker, & abandoned the cash game pretty rapidly. WP you.

I plan to have a Diary Hour shortly, & will mention that peculiar play early on with the 8-3...... MBN to be tikay, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »

I nearly got on your case last night, as you were not taking it "seriously", then realised you were a bit out of it, & so left you alone. I was delighted that you soon realised it was the wrong night to be playing poker, & abandoned the cash game pretty rapidly. WP you.

I plan to have a Diary Hour shortly, & will mention that peculiar play early on with the 8-3...... MBN to be tikay, eh?

Yep, left that out on purpose as i figured you might want to cover it in your tourney report.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »

Comps Played 4: £506

Cash Games: -£240

Profit/Loss -£36

You asked the other day if I ever tilted and the truthful answer was "no"  but you may have just found a way to tilt me!

I really want to read and enjoy your diary, but my OCD tendencies (this phrase is being used a lot lately) mean that the presentation of the numbers "bothers me".

I think, after adding last nights £56 tournament, your figures should read;

Entry fees: £496, (not £506), Cashes £700 & Profit £204

Cash Games -£240

Profit/Loss + £36

By showing entry fees and cashes, rather than just entry fees, you'll be able to track your ROI.  At present it's £204 on £496, which is a healthy 41%
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: