blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:03:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 401085 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 12:26:10 PM »

just got to say, anyone who doesnt know vinny should know he is a top top man, who has been through a hell of a lot lately and who always makes me laugh at the table and off it (not normally at his poker btw), he gets my vote for (when hes on A game) the best player in Luton.

hope this is a proper diary where you give us your thoughts on your spewtacular bluffs and best chompydowns.

haha, thank you Alexis, it pays to give you a lift to luton sometimes  Cheesy

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

+1 to what Alex said.

Top top guy.

He can be very good when he wants to be, but even he'll admit he splashes around too much and doesn't try enough.

Did you know you were my 2nd most favourite greek until yesterday? Now you're the 3rd. Still like you though so don't worry!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »

So there I was, sat watching the Old Firm game on the tele, 60 minutes in and i was thinking how terrible the game was, one of the worst i could remember, neither keeper had made a save, Rangers had a header cleared off the line early on but that was it. Then, 2 minutes later i was thinking how this was the best Old Firm game ever Smiley

Dunno if we deserved it but it will do me. Was 3 points more than i thought we were gonna get and it saved me having to pay The Mole out on a bet we made back in October. Samaras has got to be right up there with the likes of Tony Cascarino & Wayne Biggins now imo.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

[quote author=

Next comp will prob be the £100 f/o tomorrow, doubt i will be able to get to the 5er comp as it's Rangers v Celtic tomorrow. Looking forward to it but i don't think we have a chance. Rangers to shade it 3-0

tut tut vin backing huns 4 FTW.ooh ahh samaras said ooh ahh samaras
looking  forward to reading this good luck withdiary in poker & life

Mad anti-rail skillz Dave. Couldn't fail. Coming back to Luton soon or have you retired?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 12:58:24 PM »

So a massive field of 32 turned up at Luton last night for the £100 freezeout.

Table consisted of Keith Miller, George White, me, Birdforum McBink & some randoms.

Couldn't get into a pot for the first level & a half, which is a long time for me. But i was just glad to still be in for so long after the day before! Then i flopped two sets in three hand and won with both of them! The tide has turned. Long story short we chopped 5 handed for £600 and played for the £200 which i then chopped heads up. £700 just about makes up for NYD.

Not sure when i'm playing next, probably tonight at Luton, but maybe not. I'm tired as i had to get up early as my mum wanted to borrow her car ffs.

Currently contemplating DTD at the weekend, Would be strange playing there without an update on blonde for some reason.

Comps played 3

Entry fees: £440

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

Any ideas anyone?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/03/mass-bird-deaths-puzzle-arkansas-town/

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »

So a massive field of 32 turned up at Luton last night for the £100 freezeout.

Table consisted of Keith Miller, George White, me, Birdforum McBink & some randoms.

Couldn't get into a pot for the first level & a half, which is a long time for me. But i was just glad to still be in for so long after the day before! Then i flopped two sets in three hand and won with both of them! The tide has turned. Long story short we chopped 5 handed for £600 and played for the £200 which i then chopped heads up. £700 just about makes up for NYD.

Not sure when i'm playing next, probably tonight at Luton, but maybe not. I'm tired as i had to get up early as my mum wanted to borrow her car ffs.

Currently contemplating DTD at the weekend, Would be strange playing there without an update on blonde for some reason.

Comps played 3

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

I'm sure there will be some sort of Update by someone, just not on blonde. Good luck if you play.

I note you swerved my question on Page 2 of your excellent new Diary......

Hope you keep the Diary going.  As you'll quickly learn, it's the feedback that creates the energy & desire to write. So you'll be just fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »

Apolgies Tikay, this diary has been soooooooooo busy that i forgot to answer the question.

Am i gonna buck up? Yes I am, part of the reason i'm doing this is to try and stop myself doing spewtastic moves and calls with J2 and 84 then jamming K 5 3 flops. As will become apparent later, i need to make money, I don't have money, I don't want lots of money, but i would like to be able to live Smiley

As for the brave comment, thanks, but I have seen what brave is, it's not me!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »

Apolgies Tikay, this diary has been soooooooooo busy that i forgot to answer the question.

Am i gonna buck up? Yes I am, part of the reason i'm doing this is to try and stop myself doing spewtastic moves and calls with J2 and 84 then jamming K 5 3 flops. As will become apparent later, i need to make money, I don't have money, I don't want lots of money, but i would like to be able to live Smiley

As for the brave comment, thanks, but I have seen what brave is, it's not me!

Nail & head, & is exactly why I'm gently poking you in the ribs.

You can pretty much earn your "spending money" by playing poker at the levels you do, & with your skillset, you should be able to do so easily, & it grieves me that you waste that talent by being so spewy.

None of my business, of course, but if you keep a public Diary, you gotta expect awkward (though well-intentioned) questions now & then.

Might see you tonight, hope so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 02:32:09 PM »

All questions are good. Happy for them to be asked. Anything goes.

Yep, i'll be there, and playing properly Smiley It wil make it easier to update the diary tomorrow...

luther101

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »

Yep, i'll be there, and playing properly Smiley It wil make it easier to update the diary tomorrow...

Is it true you've got a 'thing' for Elizabeth Cotten, Two Bellies?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »

Is it true you've got a 'thing' for Elizabeth Cotten, Two Bellies?

Absolutey noony. I fed her Christmas cake and sherry a couple a weeks ago, but couldn't crack her. Tho, to be fair, you two would be good together. She could teach you a thing or two about poker. Win win situation.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »

Comps played 3

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Well done last night.

I dont mean to be picky (well, not much!), but you might want to add tourney cashes into your summary, so that it reads easier....

E.g.

Entry fees: £440, Cashes £700, Profit £260

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »

Comps played 3

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Well done last night.

I dont mean to be picky (well, not much!), but you might want to add tourney cashes into your summary, so that it reads easier....

E.g.

Entry fees: £440, Cashes £700, Profit £260

Cash Games -£190

Profit/Loss + £70

Fucking Accountants !!  Grin

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »

[quote author=

Next comp will prob be the £100 f/o tomorrow, doubt i will be able to get to the 5er comp as it's Rangers v Celtic tomorrow. Looking forward to it but i don't think we have a chance. Rangers to shade it 3-0

tut tut vin backing huns 4 FTW.ooh ahh samaras said ooh ahh samaras
looking  forward to reading this good luck withdiary in poker & life

Mad anti-rail skillz Dave. Couldn't fail. Coming back to Luton soon or have you retired?
still put some volume in on full tilt mate -btwn oct-april i play snooker/pool 3 nights a week then work gym missus(not in that order)so dont leave that much time for live play. i will be at luton soon tho prob a wednesday or sunday..ill be following the diary....id be intereseted in taking a % in any decent comps if u need
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: