blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 396309 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »

Inspired by, amongst others, Mondatoo. I have decided to embark upon keeping a diary.

Lots of reasons for doing it, but mainly because i am now at a point in my life where things have to change. Mainly for the better.

2010 wasn't the best of years for me, I would like 2011 to be the year that sees me start to achieve goals and target that i will set out later. Hopefully keeping the diary will motivate me. If it doesn't then feel free to abuse me for being a failure Smiley

There is so much I want to cover, some of it will be easy, some of it will be incredibly hard, but if I'm to make a go of this then i think it's important that I'm honest from the off.

In general, I would like it to be a fun place, however I'm sure there will be times when the fun will be taken over by reality.

Subjects that I'll be covering will include; Poker, work, relationships, family, finances, football & anything else that crops up as the year goes on.

I really hope that it will be an interactive diary, It will work better for me if it is, so feel free to contribute, even if it's only to give me some abuse!

OK, here goes... time to press Post

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »

So, as blonde is a poker forum, let's start with that!

I'm mainly a live player, most of my poker is played at Luton but i do try to get to other venues as and when i can.

This year I'm gonna try and get around more, playing a lot in the one place is bad for your game I think. Luton generally has a good standard, but my reputation for being 'not as tight as I used to be' goes before me.

One of the things i have been guilty of in the past is spewing money in poker, don't get me wrong, I'n no Greekstein in that respect, but in relative terms it's probably quite similar.

I also picked a habit up mid-tourney of just thinking ahh, fk it, I can't be bothered with this and donked my chips off at the earliest opportunity. I don't know why I done it, probably a few reasons, but it's not a good attitude to have obv. It's something that i have managed to knock on the head mainly, and I will keep a running profit & loss of every game of poker i play, live or online, cash or tournaments and maybe throw the odd hand in too, can only help me imrove.

At the moment I'm proud to say, I've had a breakeven year Smiley One way or another that will change tonight, first up is the £150 f/o at Luton. gl me.

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »

Good luck with this mate.

What's your favourite curry/kebab?

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:34:55 AM »

Looking forward to reading this Vinny.

Hope 2011 is a better year for you, in all respects, than 2010.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:41:44 AM »

Good luck with this mate.

What's your favourite curry/kebab?

Ha, food question ITT straight away. Sure am surprised.

Favourite curry is Chicken Madras, Pilau rice, naan bread and onion Bhaji. I do prefer a Vindaloo if i'm getting a takeaway round my mum & dad's. Fav kebab is pork, lamb & doner mixed, with rice. Diet coke to wash down as i like to have a balanced diet.

Weight loss is something that i would like to address at some point in the future. I am a heart attack waiting to happen, I know that. But i dont want to start 2011 off with a I'm gonna lose weight' promise that i know i'm not gonna be able to stick to.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »

One thing i will try is to eat a bit healthier, not really hard considering my current diet. No promises though.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »

This is going straight to the top of my 'must read threads' list. Shame you didn't go with the other name though Smiley

gl with the diary and do a bink at luton tonight please

x

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »

Nice start Vin, & I'm with Claire on this, I am a bit selective as to what I read, but this will be a must-read.

Good luck fella.

I do hope 2011 is a  better year for you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »

This is going straight to the top of my 'must read threads' list. Shame you didn't go with the other name though Smiley

gl with the diary and do a bink at luton tonight please

x

Ta claw, yes, i did like Shite lines, a cock's ramblings, but i don't think Tighty was too impressed, so decided to run with the Aftermath theme.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »

I didn't mind at all. After all, you are a cock, and no doubt will ramble

Good luck with this, should be a very interesting read.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

I didn't mind at all. After all, you are a cock, and no doubt will ramble

Good luck with this, should be a very interesting read.

Epic...  WP..

PS Good luck Vinny and the interaction will be awesome...

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »

So today is New Years day, Happy New Year to all.

I didn't do anything last night, I never really celebrate new year for some reason. The hype annoys me more than anything else. I feel sorry for the punters that drink in a pub week in week out then have to pay £20 just to get in to their local. Seems stupid.

I fell asleep last night on the couch about 10ish, and was woke up by the noise of the people on the telly doing that daft countdown just before Midnight.

Wouldn't mind trying new year in a different country once, see if it's any more attractive. Hoping flushy does a report from New York soon.

Today will mainly consist of dinner with my parents at 2. Will drop in to the cemetry on the way round probably. I haven't seen my sister and her kids since July, which is terrible considering we live about 10 minutes apart. I'm hoping she is going to my parents for dinner. That would be easier.

After dinner I'm heading to Luton, don't know how long I will be at my Mum & Dad's, i love them but they drive me bananas, they can & will argue over anything. Wouldn't surprise me to go round there one day and find they have killed each other. Don't know how they have been together for over 40 years, it seems to work for them though.

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »

Hope it goes well for you. Should be interesting. Good Luck.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »

Gl with this Vin. Break a nib & all that.

Hope to see you at Luton later.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »

Hope to see you at Luton later.

come early for the freeroll Tom.  [ ] you'll love it.  [X] but I will fetch you a cup of tea Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: