blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 02:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272876 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 989 990 [991] 992 993 994 995 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2581032 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #14850 on: April 22, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

"Hmm I'm not sure I'd chose to limp 33 here with 9 big blinds..."

Level?

Pretty standard to see a flop

9 bigs on a final table where average is 30+ the only way I'm seeing a flop is if someone calls my raise...

[X] Amos in final table brags shocker    Tongue

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: April 22, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »

Not that I really give a f#ck, but what gives with the public rub down? Hmm?

It's the reason why you've chosen to do it I don't understand, the 'why' is what I find interesting. (The action itself just gets filed as 'meh, whatever'.)

Do you feel the need to rub me because you feel threatened in someway? I cant think why you'd feel this way? Or is it literally just a subcommunicated "haha, look at the mistake this retard has made!! looooooool I would never have made THAT mistake, what a donk!"

Other than that it's just the obvious 'you can't get along with everybody'. I guess it must be this. If so then that's cool. But please, in the future, when I make a mistake, could you try and refrain from rubbing it in? Yes, it might have been a large mistake, and I'm certain the majority of people had exactly the same thoughts pop into their mind as yourself (as did I 3 nano seconds after Kev snapped me off and realisation dawned that he really did have it), but I don't particularly need you or anybody else to remind me how much of a tw@t I felt at the time. Talk behind your backs to your hearts content.

I was OI by the time I'd left dtd to be honest, but after reading the report back it stirred a little emotion, made me have a ponder about life, about psychology.

What part of the mentality of pros makes them want to tap the tank? Narcissism?

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: April 22, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »

Woah. What did I say?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: April 22, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »

Woah. What did I say?

You call someone a station page 992 which could be a little harsh on a blonde but doubt it is Nath. You comment speechless after the crazy bubble hand but that doesn't seem too ool, fair reaction imo as it seemed to be surprised, like I was. Must be something I've missed.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: April 22, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

Oh I said "speechless" after the bubble hand didnt I?

Is that what's upset you Nathan? I can't think of anything else it could be.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »

Not that I really give a f#ck, but what gives with the public rub down? Hmm?

It's the reason why you've chosen to do it I don't understand, the 'why' is what I find interesting. (The action itself just gets filed as 'meh, whatever'.)

Do you feel the need to rub me because you feel threatened in someway? I cant think why you'd feel this way? Or is it literally just a subcommunicated "haha, look at the mistake this retard has made!! looooooool I would never have made THAT mistake, what a donk!"

Other than that it's just the obvious 'you can't get along with everybody'. I guess it must be this. If so then that's cool. But please, in the future, when I make a mistake, could you try and refrain from rubbing it in? Yes, it might have been a large mistake, and I'm certain the majority of people had exactly the same thoughts pop into their mind as yourself (as did I 3 nano seconds after Kev snapped me off and realisation dawned that he really did have it), but I don't particularly need you or anybody else to remind me how much of a tw@t I felt at the time. Talk behind your backs to your hearts content.

I was OI by the time I'd left dtd to be honest, but after reading the report back it stirred a little emotion, made me have a ponder about life, about psychology.

What part of the mentality of pros makes them want to tap the tank? Narcissism?

Seems like you've taken the one word post of 'speechless' a bit to heart. I don't see what makes you think it's speechless in a 'What a fish, why the **** did he do that?' kind of way, I read it in a 'wow, i'm surprised he's made that play on the bubble of such a big comp, I wouldnt have expected it from him' (no mention of if it was a good idea or not). I'd assume it was the nicer line rather than jumping to that conclusion, obviously it's a bit raw still, so understand it's pretty emotional.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »

Not that I really give a f#ck, but I REALLY REALLY DO

Fyp.

you aint the first and wont be the last person to blow mate, dont take it out on the posh lad.

Alex i thought your commentary was great.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »

Yes, the two relate pretty closely I think.

Have you done much coaching, Alex? Was that part of your stable stuff?

Oh Tal. This was before your time. Without doubt the most epic scandal of Prose from a Poshboy so far...

Oh...right...sorry...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »

Yeah it was that post. Hmm, seems Thigh is right in that I may have 'read' into it too much. Wouldn't be the first time I've levelled myself in the past couple days. 

I apologise Alex. I did mean for this to be a PM. [  ] went well. Airing this in public hasn't been at all embarrassing.

Derail over. As you were.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14859 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »

levels upon levels upon levels

take this as a sick sick rub, take it to heart.

no not really, that's a level.

is it?

no it's a level

no not really, i'd never level, level?

LEVELS UPON LEVELS.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: April 22, 2013, 10:25:25 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:46 AM »

Really enjoyed your commentary Alex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »

Really enjoyed your commentary Alex.

Thank you Smiley

Hasn't really been any feedback so it's nice to hear. I think like Dave said to me, if it was shit, people would have moaned about it, so assume it was OK.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: April 23, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »

No feedback?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: April 23, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »

The DTD Charity night was really good fun! Was gonna just go with Melissa, but Simon suggested I get a group together, so rallied the boys and ended up about 12 of us there.

Played drinking games before, then when we got there Mitch headed straight for the buffet, more drinks were had, then we started a sit and go...

Click to see full-size image.

£10 + £5 to charity, 10 handed lineup:

James Eftekhari (sp), Walster, PJ, Ellie, Thigh, Melissa, Matt, Mitch, Myself with two alternates of Keith and Keys Cheesy

1k chips, 50/100/25ante Cheesy With hilarious rules, involving shots for certain things happening. Acting out of turn = shot, provoked some sick inducing! And a hilarious rule where if you win a pot with JJ/QQ/KK/AA then whoevers the chip leader after that hand is immediately eliminated! So Ellie who shoved QQ, got Melissa to call, and I overcalled 98dd obv, if she won the pot she'd be chip leader and be eliminated by default!

Of course, the flop came 885 and I knocked both her and Melissa out Tongue

Got heads up with Walster who took it down 65>97 Cheesy

With commentary from Chinese Frankie...

Headed to Coco Tang after where I reached my drinking capacity, and made a beeline for the gents to make sure I wasn't ill, the bouncers thought I was throwing up and tried to kick me out. I escaped and ran through the club to find everyone else. Obviously they found me again very quickly, did throw me out (first time I can remember getting kicked out of a club!) then Walster who knows the bouncers got me back in after I explained what happened and apologised for running away Cheesy

Then I realised I was too drunk to stay any longer anyway so we went home 5 minutes later! Class night...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:09:21 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 989 990 [991] 992 993 994 995 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: