blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2582036 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #18375 on: July 20, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »

I'm not a ridiculously selective perv, I'm happy with both.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: July 20, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »

The mention of Beaconsfield Model Village brought back some memories. It was somewhere our school outings and Junior Boys' Brigade visited.
That would have been somewhere around 1964 I guess.

Love that that smiley is named for Tikay Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: July 22, 2015, 12:16:55 AM »

Lovely stuff.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: July 22, 2015, 02:22:13 AM »

Well come on then... I didnt come to your diary to read about model villages. Model future sister in-laws is what the fans want.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: July 22, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »

That's a great piece, Alex, thanks.

Have you been "flat" since you got home? I know I have. CBA to do anything of substance. Today, a little better. Time I wrapped up my Vegas stories, refunds etc. Got up at 6am today & been replying to PM's & e-Mails since, think I am about 25% through the backlog.

Was great to chat with you in Vegas about non-poker matters - one of the lovely memories of a lovely trip. 

I wanted you (& Conky) to run deep in the Main so badly. You both did OK though, so can't complain. Conky showed great patience, & you both seemed in your element.

Next time, right?

Yeh, it's hard to motivate myself to play that's for sure. I had intended to have a break from poker anyway after playing so much in Vegas, but after losing on the trip, I don't feel I deserve it!

I've been in Riga for 5 days with Victoria and her family, which was great. Some fantastic traditions they have out there. It was her Mum's birthday and they had a big family gathering, at the start of which her Dad proposed a toast to his wife, wishing her happy birthday and saying some nice things about her, they toast with a shot of vodka. Cheers.

OK fair enough, I thought, I know they like their vodka.

Half an hour later, her uncle said a little piece, another shot.

Half an hour later, her grandfather said a few words, another one.

And so on, until everyone at the table has paid tribute to the birthday girl!

We had a great time. And on the other days we went to a sort of "Go Ape" thing called "Tarzan" which was great fun, mostly fairly tame and easy challenges, but the final course, was really fkn tough, a real physical challenge which got the heart racing. Went to an aqua park as well and saw a bit more of Riga in the summer. Lovely stuff.

Yesterday there was a big family gathering in Beaconsfield, halfway between Oxford and London, and we went to the Model village there, Bekonscot, which we went to when we were kids. Thankfully we had an excuse to go again, 2 year old second cousin, Hugo, who is an absolute delight. The thought and detail that goes into this model village is remarkable. And the sun was shining, it was a wonderful occasion. If any of you have young kids, you must take them - you'll all love it!

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

On the schedule for the next few weeks is a few days of cash games in London until Friday, where I go on holiday with my Dad and brothers. For the first time in 7 years, not to the same Tuscan Villa! We're going slightly further south this year, more towards Umbria, to a new spot - so that should be good.

Then I've got DTD Deepstack, maybe UKIPT Bristol, UKPC Hiroller at DTD, then Barcelona for Estrella and EPT.

My my, that Model Village has been there forever.

As a child, I lived in Acton, West London, so a trip to Beconskot Model Village at Beaconsfield was a regular jolly. The M4 & M40 never existed then, & it was a nice ride along rural roads.

I'm surprised it has lasted this long, it does not seem the sort of attraction that would be popular these days. I'm glad it has though, & I think I need to re-visit it now.

The last time I visited it ended badly, as I was later, after moving on to nearby Ruislip, apprehended by a policeman chap. What memories you have stirred.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: July 22, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »

Well come on then... I didnt come to your diary to read about model villages. Model future sister in-laws is what the fans want.

Shush. We like Model Villages.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: July 22, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »

Great Read Alex, read all the Vegas Diaries, and your afterthoughts there really sum up Vegas for Poker players. I remember playing Cash against you years ago when i used to play all the time, seems another lifetime away now.

Tikay, i also grew up in Acton, whereabouts were you?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: July 22, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »

Great Read Alex, read all the Vegas Diaries, and your afterthoughts there really sum up Vegas for Poker players. I remember playing Cash against you years ago when i used to play all the time, seems another lifetime away now.

Before you do this we need more details of the Ruislip bust.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: July 22, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »

I was the son of a railway man, so we lived in a railway house, in West Acton.

It was called, rather grandly, the GWRHA - Great Western Region Housing Association.

It ran between Noel Road & Saxon Drive for the most part, with Horn Lane at one end, & the Uxbridge Road at the other end.

I lived about 400m yards from West Acton tube station which is on the Central Line, though I'm sure you knew that.

In fact, the GWRHA was a railway version of a council estate, but in fact it was a rather pleasant estate. Every single house had a front & back garden, & every house had a privet hedge. Those were the rules. Had to have a privet hedge.

Whereabouts were you, & what school did you attend?

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: July 22, 2015, 11:44:37 AM »

Before you do this we need more details of the Ruislip bust.

+1

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »

Im a few years younger, but lived in Julian Avenue off Horn Lane for most of my childhood, although was bought up yards up the road from you on Twyford Avenue/Creffield Road. Went to St Vincents Primary and then on to Gunnersbury. Im 38 so St Vincents era would have been 1981- 1987. I spent a lot of time in West Acton as a juvenile, around the station, west acton playing fields, the ponderosa social club and Princess Gardens(now japanese schools) playing fields. Good Times.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: July 22, 2015, 12:09:10 PM »

Im a few years younger, but lived in Julian Avenue off Horn Lane for most of my childhood, although was bought up yards up the road from you on Twyford Avenue/Creffield Road. Went to St Vincents Primary and then on to Gunnersbury. Im 38 so St Vincents era would have been 1981- 1987. I spent a lot of time in West Acton as a juvenile, around the station, west acton playing fields, the ponderosa social club and Princess Gardens(now japanese schools) playing fields. Good Times.

Think that used to be Haberdashers Askes (sp?) Girls Preparatory School.

My schooling was West Acton Junior School, Acton Wells Primary School, a Comprehensive at the end of Twyford Avenue for which I've forgotten the name, & then the grandly named Willesden College of Building Technology in Dollis Hill, which, really, was where all the 11 plus failures were sent after they passed their 13+.

Good times, as you say.

Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »

Cardinal Newman?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: July 22, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »

Cardinal Newman?

Rings a bell, but I'm not sure why.

Haberdashers' Aske's.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haberdashers%27_Aske%27s_School_for_Girls

It moved from Acton to Elstree in 1974 it seems, to be replaced by the Japanese School.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: July 22, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »

So pre Vegas there was a gym prop bet between you and Scott, how did it go?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: