blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561878 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18765 on: December 17, 2015, 03:22:29 AM »

Prague

Not gonna do a huge TR, but in a nutshell it was a disaster...until the very last event.

I arrived on the 8th and was pretty unmotivated to play tbh and I got beat down everytime I did. I went out a lot which is always fun, and there was so much good sport on over the weekend I was basically just chilling for a few days.

Never been into Boxing or UFC much, but loved both events. A huge group of us watched both spectacles. The UFC was at like 5-8am kinda time, and we all watched in the Hilton lobby, drinking all night, absolutely loving it. We all had lumped on Conor and obviously went mad when he won in 13 seconds. The hilton is a 5 star resort, so its clientele coming down for breakfast must've wondered what on earth was going on seeing 30 drunken lads screaming and cheering at a TV at 8am. Security tried to disconnect the TV, but didn't get that through. We snuck into breakfast there afterwards and wanted to go out lol but alas, Prague is not Vegas, there was nowhere lol.

Then I got back into poker, had been on the fence about the 10k but went for it and was very happy about the decision. It didn't go well but felt in a much better place mentally and just kept regging the next event. It got pretty grim 8/9 events in, esp when I lost AA<JJ to bust a few off the money in a 2k. I thought that was it. Went back to hotel, and was basically just gonna mooch there until my flight the following day.

Stato suggests food (shock) so I go along, and get persuaded to play the 1k win the button 6max turbo at 9pm last night. With 15 minute levels, and a new format I'd never played before I thought fk it, it could actually be fun.

And fun it was:

Click to see full-size image.

Keith was so proud of me, because I emulated his bottom feeding tekkers and was 7/7, 6/6 etc until 3/3 handed then god moded like 4 hands back to back and had it won.

It got me into profit for the trip, which never looked possible 25k in the hole with a 1k turbo left with 32k ftw! So I'm super grateful and relieved to get out of it and be home for Christmas in good spirits.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: December 17, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »

Keith was so proud of me, because I emulated his bottom feeding tekkers and was 7/7, 6/6 etc until 3/3 handed then god moded like 4 hands back to back and had it won.

It got me into profit for the trip, which never looked possible 25k in the hole with a 1k turbo left with 32k ftw! So I'm super grateful and relieved to get out of it and be home for Christmas in good spirits.

What a way to get out of a pretty big hole, in, so to speak, injury time.

WP Alex. Life sounds like it is good.

What are your Xmas plans? You'll be with Mum & Victoria, presumably?

Apologies if I missed it, but have you set a wedding date?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: December 17, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »

Well done on a profitable and fun trip. Like your style leaving it to the last event to win Smiley
It was a really interesting conversation over on pads thread, online/ live.

Do you ever see a time when you put more volume in online/ what attracts you to mostly playing live?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: December 17, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »

What a way to get out of a pretty big hole, in, so to speak, injury time.

WP Alex. Life sounds like it is good.

What are your Xmas plans? You'll be with Mum & Victoria, presumably?

Apologies if I missed it, but have you set a wedding date?

Christmas time is always split as evenly as is practical between Mum and Dad (luckily they only live 5 minutes from each other now!) with Victoria with us for as much as possible. NYE we both head off to Riga to spend that time with her family. Standard stuff really.

No wedding date no, will be 2017 at the earliest, no rush at all. It's gonna be in my home church in Saffron Walden though, that's for sure with some Russian cultural influences in the reception - that's all that's been decided so far!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: December 17, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »

Well done on a profitable and fun trip. Like your style leaving it to the last event to win Smiley
It was a really interesting conversation over on pads thread, online/ live.

Do you ever see a time when you put more volume in online/ what attracts you to mostly playing live?

No I don't see a time. Playing live is more fun, sociable, easier, more suited to my skill set, more profitable Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: December 17, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »

So you should really be Saffron Walden Alex then, or EssexAlex?  It doesn't seem to fit despite Saffron Walden been the nice part of Essex.

Congrats on the score, love the big scores after a bad run, could do with one myself.

Google is right up your street today, suspect you'll get it in less attempts than me.

PS Tikay when is your wedding booked for?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: December 17, 2015, 02:36:22 PM »

So you should really be Saffron Walden Alex then, or EssexAlex?  It doesn't seem to fit despite Saffron Walden been the nice part of Essex.

Congrats on the score, love the big scores after a bad run, could do with one myself.

Google is right up your street today, suspect you'll get it in less attempts than me.

What wedding? We are engaged, but have not discussed going any further. Well Gill has, but I've not.

I looked at that google thing this morning, & by hovering my mouse over it, I got who & what it was, but the "doodle" made no sense to me, with all those "rolls" of paper.

Maybe Essex Alex will explain.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: December 17, 2015, 02:49:43 PM »

So you should really be Saffron Walden Alex then, or EssexAlex?  It doesn't seem to fit despite Saffron Walden been the nice part of Essex.

What wedding? We are engaged, but have not discussed going any further. Well Gill has, but I've not.

I looked at that google thing this morning, & by hovering my mouse over it, I got who & what it was, but the "doodle" made no sense to me, with all those "rolls" of paper.

Maybe Essex Alex will explain.

You played the first tune?  Click on one of the first roll of paper and you are away.  

edit
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:14:51 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »

It does not play any tunes on my PC.

Just realised that the rolls of paper are the google logo. Oops.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: December 17, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »

It does not play any tunes on my PC.

Just realised that the rolls of paper are the google logo. Oops.

will have to wait until you get home unless you can sight read music

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: December 17, 2015, 03:37:14 PM »

Even on mute it's a doddle Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »

A 36 hour "cash game grind" weekend at DTD brought a lot of swings. I had my biggest ever losing pot, (£14-15k) vs Nick Hicks. But ended up a smaller winner for that session, and then god moded a smaller game throughout the afternoon/evening on saturday to book a nice win for the weekend.

Stato won the spin a hand promo with just a pair of , was an incredible hold! And his Deal or No Deal for £25k was such a sick sweat - very much recommend watching it - starts about 49 minutes in. Make sure you watch till the end - there's a good twist!

Pretty much off poker now until 2016. Usual family stuff over Christmas and then Riga on 31st same as last year. Brushing up on the Russian now! Completed a course in June, and found it hard to keep going after that, but I'm getting there. I can talk in past and future tenses now, but my reading and writing is much better than my speaking.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »

Häid Jõule Alex.

It's not Russian, it's Estonian. But it's the best I can do.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: December 22, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »

A 36 hour "cash game grind" weekend at DTD brought a lot of swings. I had my biggest ever losing pot, (£14-15k) vs Nick Hicks. But ended up a smaller winner for that session, and then god moded a smaller game throughout the afternoon/evening on saturday to book a nice win for the weekend.

Stato won the spin a hand promo with just a pair of , was an incredible hold! And his Deal or No Deal for £25k was such a sick sweat - very much recommend watching it - starts about 49 minutes in. Make sure you watch till the end - there's a good twist!

Pretty much off poker now until 2016. Usual family stuff over Christmas and then Riga on 31st same as last year. Brushing up on the Russian now! Completed a course in June, and found it hard to keep going after that, but I'm getting there. I can talk in past and future tenses now, but my reading and writing is much better than my speaking.

Merry Christmas everybody.

And you, Posh Lad.

This Diary has been a delight in 2015, always cheers me up to read it.

Give my best to Victoria, too, please.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18779 on: December 22, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

I thought this was really good Alex, What  good sports both Rob and Stato are. Great comparing job from Skallie too.

By the way of a bit of feedback, sometimes I couldn't see how much was in a box as it was taken out and the amount wasn't mentioned in commentary. It would be good if there was a board or an overlay on the screen with the amounts still remaining.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: