blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 1287 1288 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563355 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19245 on: September 29, 2016, 04:00:12 PM »

Didn't expect him to fold a flush but definitely expected him to fold everything worse and I had two key blockers - blocking the flushes and straights and Tx blocking set/two pairs, so thought his range was more weighted towards Aces up and some bluffs which all have to fold of course. Justin is kind of perfect person to do this on, definitely player dependant yes. Not sure I'll try it again though, he may call me a bit lighter now Tongue

For the record, it sounds like he says don't show me, and then I show, which would be pretty douchey lol but he actually says "don't show me, actually go on then show me". And I had said in the hand that I would show him.

@Adam, yeh it was a lot of fun, yeh defo still get the buzz and I'm the same - if I'm confident in my play I'm really calm, I only get the jitters if I think I'm doing something really spewy.

Live tells- still do the odd thing against inexperienced players yeh. Barely use live tells at all vs regs, think they are close to useless vs good live players.

Been having some interesting debates with Deadman recently about GTO vs Exploitative and we both couldn't have more opposing views, it's so interesting how many ways there are to win at this game.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: September 29, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

Last night is my favourite sized game I think. 5/10/25 with occasional 50s and deepstacks (10k). I can play my absolute A game at that level whereas smaller I don't get the buzz and maybe play too loose and bigger I play too tight.

Played 3 nights of 50/100 in Morocco last week and faced a reg who was clearly super confident at those stakes and it made me realise that I don't play A game at that level yet.

Beautiful resort:

Click to see full-size image.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: September 29, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »

Loved this you posted on twitter

So many questions.

How does the two Bobbies work?

How do they get the two Bobbies so well synchronised together.

Great stuff anyway

Film part one. Camera stays in exact same position. Part two he has ear piece playing him part one and plays along. Some video software puts the two together. Took quite a few takes and caused a family argument lol because we had to be in total silence all afternoon while he did it Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: September 29, 2016, 06:32:53 PM »

Loved this you posted on twitter

So many questions.

How does the two Bobbies work?

How do they get the two Bobbies so well synchronised together.

Great stuff anyway

Film part one. Camera stays in exact same position. Part two he has ear piece playing him part one and plays along. Some video software puts the two together. Took quite a few takes and caused a family argument lol because we had to be in total silence all afternoon while he did it Cheesy

Thanks.  That makes sense.  I was thinking that he must have an earpiece.

The video thing blows my mind a bit.  Back in the day, you could always spot the join as people had a kind of blue line round them when you superimposed them on another film.  And that was on the BBC.  Amazing you can do the same yourself these days but so much better.

Goes off to combine videos of Cameron and a squeeling pig and Jeremy Corbyn sitting next to various terrorists and describing them as friends. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: September 29, 2016, 07:00:05 PM »

I would have thought you were both on the more exploitative side of things really being more live based. I feel like it's good to understand especially so you can revert to it if you get a tough table but it's not really the way to make the most money and that's what matters at the end of the day. Certainly my play (results anyway) in o8 became a lot worse when I tried to play what I felt like was a gto style rather than just going for it.

I'be gone back and forth on who I think is arguing what side a few times. I think I'd pencil you for gto but I wouldn't bet on it. I did wonder how much Simon made of having the As in his hand

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »

I would have thought you were both on the more exploitative side of things really being more live based. I feel like it's good to understand especially so you can revert to it if you get a tough table but it's not really the way to make the most money and that's what matters at the end of the day. Certainly my play (results anyway) in o8 became a lot worse when I tried to play what I felt like was a gto style rather than just going for it.

I'be gone back and forth on who I think is arguing what side a few times. I think I'd pencil you for gto but I wouldn't bet on it. I did wonder how much Simon made of having the As in his hand

Definitely from exploitative background of course but once I started playing tough cash games in London I realised quickly I needed to put a lot of work in on the GTO side if I was gonna survive those games and now feel I can call on both. 

I play super exploitative vs recreational players still of course but try and be as GTO as possible vs regs readless.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: October 04, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »

Watched the entire live stream (live poker study Cheesy) and thought you played really really
Good. Lots of spots where I think you chose the right action where others wouldn't have. The TT fold vs the crazy Chinese guy on q9532 where you 3bet and check back I think a lot of people talk themselves into calling but Ofc awful hand to bluffcatch with. Very well played and very Ul. Sure you're going to be making lot of money for long time in live cash.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »

Watched the entire live stream (live poker study Cheesy) and thought you played really really
Good. Lots of spots where I think you chose the right action where others wouldn't have. The TT fold vs the crazy Chinese guy on q9532 where you 3bet and check back I think a lot of people talk themselves into calling but Ofc awful hand to bluffcatch with. Very well played and very Ul. Sure you're going to be making lot of money for long time in live cash.

Thanks mate really means a lot coming from you!

In February 2011 Pads invited me to stay with him in Gibraltar to spend a week grinding the soft 1/1 games there! He worked for poker strategy then and played part time. Think I got owned by local legend "Paco"?! Trip is definitely documented in the early days of this thread! Good times!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »

Bump for Caribbean?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: November 17, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »

good luck

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: November 17, 2016, 09:29:55 PM »

So what's new?

I tried a new haircut....briefly

It's been work hard play hard as usual.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:12 PM »

I had some near misses over the WPT with a 12th, 29th and 46th place finishes in events there.

Viktorija joined me on recent trips to DTD and having survived a Zombie Apocalypse...

...Got a cash herself in the recent Grand Prix

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:43:03 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:40 PM »

I put on some weight look...

No thanks to a few new recipes I've been trying out. And with Viktorija not the biggest eater, I've been on hoover duties...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »

The table tennis bet was huge fun. A real challenge and I went from being probably 1000/1 shot when I made the bet, to getting within a couple of points of victory. I worked hard and took lessons and can honestly say I couldn't have done any more. He was THAT good seriously!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: November 17, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »

Wedding plans are in full flow. And a lot of our friends are getting these

And these

And I'm getting closer to being able to afford my own house / flat. I'm feeling very grown up and excited thinking about all these things....

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 1287 1288 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: