blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:40:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 1290 1291 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557591 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #19290 on: December 28, 2016, 01:14:44 AM »

Bizarre experience tonight.

First night back after Christmas and it's very slow, no players yet. I get talking to a guy who wanders into the poker room. Comes up that he's into hypnotherapy. I say I've never been hypnotised or anything and could he do it on me. I don't believe in anything like that but will try anything once lol. He said yeh, and off he started.

Tells me to raise one arm up and close my eyes, spouts a bunch of spiel for 10 minutes and then says open my eyes and I should feel amazing. I didn't feel anything. Shock. I noticed some of the managers were standing there watching us though. Next minute, he's been peeled aside and kicked out and barred. And I'm being told that I'm not allowed to play tonight in case I'm not of a sound mind Cheesy

That's a new one.

Do you keep your money in your top pocket?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19291 on: December 28, 2016, 01:41:30 AM »

Ha, incred.

Step aside Thewy, there's a NKOTB.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: December 28, 2016, 01:47:56 AM »

It doesn't really work that way, its more a state of relaxation then walking around like a chicken. That is why when you go to see a show they ask for volunteers because they will typically be the more relaxed and outgoing people who will be more open in the state of relaxation to those sorts of suggestions. I would imagine it didn't work very well because of the environment you were in. I feel like the best comparison is a meditative state.

From Elliot Roe's site;
"Q: Will I Lose Control of Myself?

A: Hypnosis is a state of relaxed deep focus. It is a natural state that you enter at least twice a day (while waking up and falling asleep), and likely more often than that. If at any time you are in trance and you wish to be fully awake, just count yourself up 1, 2, 3 open your eyes."

Sounds a bit dodgy here but I guess your safe and weren't robbed or anything like that.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: December 28, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »

Where was this ? London Luton or Dtd ??
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: December 28, 2016, 02:41:30 PM »

If you don't want to be hypnotised, or not open to it, you can't be and anyone claiming they can hypnotise you is talking bollocks.
When you see a hypnosis show firstly, they take loads of volunteers and then whittle them down to those that are open to hypnosis.

Probs now see you calling any all in next time..lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: December 28, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »

If you don't want to be hypnotised, or not open to it, you can't be and anyone claiming they can hypnotise you is talking bollocks.
When you see a hypnosis show firstly, they take loads of volunteers and then whittle them down to those that are open to hypnosis.

^^^^^ this

I was 'hypnotised' once. He picked 30 people out the crowd and whittled them down to 4 or 5 clowns that were happy to make an arse of themselves in front of people. Soon snapped out of it when people stopped laughing at us.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19296 on: December 28, 2016, 04:54:17 PM »

^^^^^ this

I was 'hypnotised' once. He picked 30 people out the crowd and whittled them down to 4 or 5 clowns that were happy to make an arse of themselves in front of people. Soon snapped out of it when people stopped laughing at us.

Theres a clip of Barry Neville hypnotised somewhere on tinternet.I will see if i can find it.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #19297 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:41 AM »

Do you still play for a living these days mate? What you upto?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: May 13, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »

Didn't realise it had been THIS long since I posted...

In short, I'm happier than I've ever been. I've got my stag do in 2 weeks. Vegas after that. Wedding after that. I'll try and write a little about everything that's been going on.

Poker and Vegas plans

I've been playing 95% live cash this year, and having some crazy swings. Had my biggest ever losing month in April and broke even in January but apart from that had great success and the year is going well. I plan to get my tournament fix in Vegas as usual. Flying out early June. I'm taking Viktorija (trying to get in the habit of using the proper latvia spelling!) for her first ever trip there. I'm so excited to share it with her - it's honestly like her paradise. She loves to shop, chill by the pool, tan, go out, drink, gamble - but you know what she said she was most looking forward to? Playing poker! That girl actually #lovesthegame.

Might fly home with her on the 20th June and then fly back out just for the main if London is buzzing.

Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football has taken up a lot of time this year. I've got an obsessive personality and once I commit to something, I properly go for it. I took on loads of bets at the start of the year and at one point looked like I was going to win all my leagues and bets. Now I can't really win the big league I'm in, but I've won all but one of my side bets and one in particular with Warbs is extremely close. 7 points ahead but his team is better. £3250 swing riding on the next couple of weeks. I've loved gambling on fantasy football SO much this year - the sweats have been real.

The boys and I still do a weekly draft which is always great fun, and I've been sweating my season spread bets as well. I'll round all that up after the season. Boro have let me down big time!

Click to see full-size image.

Chelsea vs Man City

Stag Do and Wedding

17 of us are going to a villa in Ibiza for 4 nights at the end of May. I've never been before. And I've never been a stag before...can't wait of course!

Wedding planning is going OK. Things all slowly falling into place. We aren't the most proactive of couples, and getting my Mum involved - who's basically an event planner - we thought would take the stress away - turns out it only increased it! It's in Saffron Walden where I grew up, in the church where I was head chorister, organ scholar etc. Lots of close ties there. And the reception is in a restored Victorian garden a few minutes walk away. It's perfect.

The main prep work for me has been in the gym and in the classroom. I've weighed around 11 stone most of my adult life, but my metabolism slowed down and turns out you can't get away with eating shit and not exercising forever. I weighed in at 12stone 10 in March and was either gonna need a new wardrobe or get my act together. I decided the wedding was the perfect motivator, so went head first into 4-6times a week gym. I run 5km and burn 400 calories each day, and do half an hour of weights. I've definitely lost weight and gotten stronger so I'm happy there. Should be able to fit into the suit so long as I don't go too nuts in Vegas!

Running around my fathers Audley End estate.

I've also been taking private Russian lessons twice a week, in preparation for my speech, which I will do half in Russian. It's a very hard language, I find. She sets me homework as well so I'm doing little bits every day almost.

So with Poker, fantasy football, wedding prep, Russian and gym I'm keeping very busy.

Still squeeze in the odd bit of fun though...

Mitch's 30th. Wrestlemania theme. How many can you spot? And who are they?!

At a christening. Baby loving life.

Life is good. I can see me staying doing what I'm doing, where I'm doing it for a long long time Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: May 13, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »

Fabulous post Alex. It's so lovely to see young people happy.

Love that last photo, too - you are a proper little plumper now.

Look forward to seeing Victoria (English spelling) & you in Vegas.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: May 13, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »

+1

Can't pass comment on the plumper stuff, obv Grin

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19301 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19302 on: May 14, 2017, 10:11:58 AM »

Mitch is only 30?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19303 on: May 14, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »

Mitch is only 30?

I think they're counting chins.

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: May 14, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

Mitch is only 30?

I think they're counting chins.

Nice they get a party too

Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 1290 1291 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: