blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2583574 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: April 24, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »

tight is definitely right btw.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: April 24, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

tight is definitely right btw.
Lol you are obv bitb and a hero. But this ain't a level is it

Click to see full-size image.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »

Best of luck today Alex hopefully an English double on the cards!!

PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: April 24, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

Spanish flag on the cards!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »

Congratulations Alex.Forget cash,it's always been about FLAGS. It's like stamp collecting for grown ups.Watching Linton live stream,cannot imagine the mayhem if he binks that one.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: April 24, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »

Well done Alex   Smiley

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: April 24, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

BOOM!!!
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: April 24, 2012, 08:10:05 PM »

Well done Alex   Smiley

Ship It!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7793 on: April 24, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7794 on: April 24, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »

#lovetheflag

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: April 24, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »

Someone loves the game!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »

Well done Mr. Coulder .
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: April 25, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

Yesterday gotta be up there with one of the best days/nights ever.

Won't drag this post out with lots of hands histories, but I'll mention the two/three key hands that helped me win.

1)  Cheesy

We have 15 bbs on the bubble and it folded round to us in the SB and we jammed on the tightest guy I've ever met. He had 16bigs, and tanked and called with Jacks. Was really sick how he woke up with a hand, and morale would've been low if I'd gone out then. I hadn't cashed for 16 tournaments in a row for team eureka and I was feeling the pressure, plus makeup approaching 5 figures eek! I think it was standard, though some disagreed, I think the next best play is 2.5x/folding, but I thought he'd peel too much and I didn't wanna have to cbet and then do half my stack. He would've folded 77 and AT to a jam he was so tight, so I pick up the dead money about 95% of the time so I thought jamming was best.

Obviously we're golden the board runs out  three clubs    and we double and leave the guy crippled. Pleased for him though he managed to squeeze into the money somehow!

2) 

Really strange hand. I'm 3 handed with 700k/ 1.5m in play, Slovakian dude has 650k, Moroccan dude has 150k. The Slovakian dude has just said to me behind the dealers back that we should stay out of each others way! I obviously didn't agree to anything but thought it'd help me if he didn't go after me.

Anyway, I raise the button with Aces and he 3bets the sb. He's been really tight all final and after the conversation we've just had, I thought he was really nutted here, probably AQ+ TT+. I 4bet and he 5b jams! I think he must have KK/QQ, AK maybe JJ here. Probably the other two aces!

He had ! So bizarre! Just goes to show how surprising people can be. I flopped top set for no sweat of course.

So had 1.35m to 150k heads up, should have it locked up, then he doubles limping the button with T8o, I set him in with AJ and he tank calls and wins, then doubles again winning a flip and a few hands later and I'm down to 400k! Disaster! He's wanting to deal every 5 minutes and getting really offended and upset when I say no. He jammed QT and I found dem aces again, doubled, then set him in with K9 he snaps Q9 and we hold for the win Cheesy

SO FUN!

Was funny to win with K9, cos I've been getting a hard time all week from everyone about a spewy play I made in the main with K9 and I said before day 2 that I really wanna win the comp with K9 to stick it in their eyes!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »

Anyway, had a nice rail, ppl darting in between my comp and lintons FT, got a novelty cheque and some sick winners photos.

Then attention was 100% focussed on Pete and we got some epic chants going on the rail, doing the British proud with our singing and drinking Cheesy

The biggest hand for him all day was strangely a hand that he wasn't in. 4 handed there's a 3way allin and the big stack had Aces! Sick ladder spot for Pete and aces held and Pete jumped from 30 something bags to 82 in one hand. Then did a sick chop HU for 107k and played on for the trophy. Didn't get there with KT vs AT despite flopping a royal draw and turning a dbl gutshot too! So he missed out on the trophy but he's not one for fame and glory, he just wanted the money and was over the moon at the score.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »

A few words about Pete.

Other than Keith, he's one of the best, if not the best player on this trip so fully deserves this, and it's been due/coming for a while so I'm really happy for him.

He's at the top of his game right now. I think his best skill is changing gears. He's so so good at that. He can be joke aggro when it's right, and really nitty when he has to. He piles the pressure on at the right moments and makes big folds when he has to.

He didn't blow up once, and seems to have left those ghosts behind. He's matured massively even in the short time that I've known him so must be almost unrecognisable from what I've heard of him back in the day.

God bless Peter Linton.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: