blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2556495 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15465 on: May 29, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »

I've played quite a lot of 2/2 DC lately and dropped about £1k overall. Not going well.

Yes I can give you some classical pieces to listen to. Piano stuff is my favourite, and it's good for grinding if that's what your after. Here's some of my favourite pieces.

Rachmaninov Prelude in C# minor. Very haunting and dramatic, but also really gorgeous. I could play this back in the day, would be rusty now though.

Another Rach prelude, I remember playing this in a school assembly once!

For something more impressionistic, this is Debussy, not one of the most famous works, but so awesome I think. L'isle joyeuse - The Happy Island, you can hear how the music depicts this island, is brilliant. The last minute is one of the best endings to a piece of music I've ever heard. So epic! I learnt this in Uni just because of the ending!

I'm not a fan of the majority of Mozart to be honest, but his "Requiem" is brilliant. 55 minutes of incredible music, written for Choir and Orchestra, a requiem is a piece written for or in honour of someone's Death. In Mozart's case, he died whilst writing it and it was believed to be completed by one of his students. Here's 110 seconds of exhilaration with the "Dies Irae" movement from it...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: May 29, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »

Have you watched that Breaking Bad boxset yet?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »

Have you watched that Breaking Bad boxset yet?

No I watched Suits first. Once I've watched s2 ill get on it

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: May 29, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

I'm a little surprised that you're not a fan of Mozart. The quality and quantity of beautiful music in such a short life astounds me.
Just below Beethoven for me and ahead of Haydn.

Went to Prague a couple of years ago and the highlight for me, a little sad, was seeing Don Giovanni at the Estates Theatre, where Amadeus was filmed.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:53 PM »

I wouldn't miss the TV if it were gone.

This.

our TV is effectively a sportbox.

I *like* watching some stuff, but I wouldn't miss it. I'd definitely miss sport though.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: May 29, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »

I'm a little surprised that you're not a fan of Mozart. The quality and quantity of beautiful music in such a short life astounds me.
Just below Beethoven for me and ahead of Haydn.

Went to Prague a couple of years ago and the highlight for me, a little sad, was seeing Don Giovanni at the Estates Theatre, where Amadeus was filmed.

Hmm yeh I'm not into that sort of classical music really.

More of a Romantic, me.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: May 30, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »

I have watched a lot of TV in the past.  I can't say it's something that I am glad I did and it's probably dead time due to being pretty lazy as a youth.  I would have much rather my own kids spent that time out doing things.

I have cut right back now.  I probably watch one or two programmes that I really enjoy and once a week sit with the missus for a few hours and watch some comedy.  I watch the odd documentary, or particular programme of interest when I find the odd hour.  I do like films however, and watch maybe a couple a week.

Corleone (Il Capo dei Capi/Boss of Bosses) - the real-life account of Toto Riina's rise to power in the Sicilian Mafia.  In Italian, subtitled.  The only drama I have been truly gripped by for a while.  This is the real mafia story, not your Hollywood portrayal and certainly not American Mafia.

I'm also slowly plodding through S1 of Mad Men, which I am enjoying enough but if I never saw another episode I wouldn't bat an eyelid.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: May 30, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »

DC

There was a DC game last night. I didn't really enjoy it. For all the hours I've played no limit holdem over the past 3/4 years, I've felt confident at almost any table I've been on. Wrongly at first of course, but I had that arrogance and swagger of a 20 year old guy who has no idea what he's doing but think he's the shit.

Playing DC, I am just as inexperienced as I was with holdem back then, but I have 3/4 years of the poker world, so I am acutely aware of what's going on, despite not being experienced in the games. I'm not confident in the slightest. I lost a pot in hi/lo where I played a raggy hand preflop because it was cheap to see the flop, and flopped what look like the world, but was actually 2nd nut everything with the 2nd nut redraw, and got it in absolutely dead. I won a pot in padooki where I just played a strong hand awfully and turned it faceup, and the guy folded a slightly weaker hand to me. Win or lose I hated those feelings. I guess I'm just not used to feeling like a mug in any game. It's a new experience, and I need to man up and get used to it because it's got to be done. There are massive edges to be had in that game and they are 10x juicer than the big holdem games when they run. That's the direction I need to be going.

Punting

ISPT - bought a lot of action. I think people have undersold themselves quite considerably in this tournament. It's going to be the best value poker tournament of the year by far, with huge value in every single department. I can't wait. I have 25k myself and have I think 90% of myself (swapped 10% total), as well as action in 8 people.

WSOP - I did this last year, and it went horribly, but I've punted hard on the world series this year. I believe I've made good buys. My biggest punt is of Stu Rutter in his mixed game package. It's actually the biggest piece of action I've ever bought I think, so hoping he'll bring home the bacon. Not taken much in the main event as I did last year. Nobodies selling at less than 1.5 this year, making investing less appealing, even though they are probably good buys at 1.5, last year I had some great bargains at 1.0, 1.1 in good players, but there just isn't that sort of value going around this year.

May results

We were pushing for best ever month (expect monte carlo), but the wheels have come off since Sunday, and it's not gonna happen, but still a very good month and I'm happy.

Piano project

I've learnt a new piece over the last few days, and it's inspired me to learn some others, and put a little programme together for my Mum's engagement party. She'd love that. The people in my world back home would love to know I've kept music in my life and if I could do this, I'd feel so good about that.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: May 30, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

Punting

ISPT - bought a lot of action. I think people have undersold themselves quite considerably in this tournament. It's going to be the best value poker tournament of the year by far, with huge value in every single department. I can't wait. I have 25k myself and have I think 90% of myself (swapped 10% total), as well as action in 8 people.

WSOP - I did this last year, and it went horribly, but I've punted hard on the world series this year. I believe I've made good buys. My biggest punt is of Stu Rutter in his mixed game package. It's actually the biggest piece of action I've ever bought I think, so hoping he'll bring home the bacon. Not taken much in the main event as I did last year. Nobodies selling at less than 1.5 this year, making investing less appealing, even though they are probably good buys at 1.5, last year I had some great bargains at 1.0, 1.1 in good players, but there just isn't that sort of value going around this year.

May results

We were pushing for best ever month (expect monte carlo), but the wheels have come off since Sunday, and it's not gonna happen, but still a very good month and I'm happy.

Punting wise I'm the same, had to go with day2s for ISPT and trying hard to behave with Main/WSOP. The ISPT just has to be good value in anyone pretty much, definitely got a few steals. Really excited for Ben Ning from Teesside, the nicest guy around, went to CCP so known to a few on the forum. Would be a sick winner. Best of luck mate!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:08 AM »

Impressive attempt at my accent today sir Wink I'm sure if every one closed their eyes they would swear it was me :p

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: May 31, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »

Stato is one ridiculously lucky human.

1/6 in big 162.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: May 31, 2013, 04:54:01 AM »

Stato is one ridiculously lucky human.

1/6 in big 162.

is he human?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: May 31, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »

Did he come 2nd?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Matryoshka
« Reply #15478 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:12 AM »

Impressive attempt at my accent today sir Wink

I know what you're talking about...   
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »

What's your Vegas plan Alex?
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: