blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561750 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15525 on: June 02, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »

I can see your point Stu but Spinks is one of the last people I'd question in this game, he's seriously top-class. If he's taking an unorthodox line I'm sure he's got very good reasons.

Top class players make bad plays too sometimes. Conversely, bad players like me made top class play sometimes.

Defo, when good players make bad plays its usually a consequence of mis-read of poor assumption - often very good players make very good reads and solid assumptions, and therefore are very confident putting a lot of confidence behind them. Every so often though (as is only to be expected for human beings) they'll get it wrong and totally misplay a hand as a result, a hand, which, had their reads been correct would have been played correctly...

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15526 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »

yes i just opened CO to 1300 at 300/600/75 playing 32k and he peeled the bb covering me.

Well my opinion was based on him having called a 3bet OOP with Q8 then c/r and played for stacks with a weak TP which is a pure bluff-catcher vs a (presumably) polarised range. Since this is not what happened, I take back my strong opinion on his play. Still don't like it much though, but whatever.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: June 03, 2013, 01:23:29 AM »

I should probably just reg the winamax main event every sunday and no other tournament ever.

Was my only cash last week, managed 12th out of 2000 runners. Won it in March, seem to make day two every week.

Am 20/350 this week, so a nice big stack, and it's double the guarantee this week, 36k ftw.

All things considered with the ISPT and all the money and time I invested in it, it's very disappointing that my only sweat right now is a 50 freeze with 350 runners left.

%ages all bricked bar two mincashes from Trigg and Giblin, which has set me back about £2k. And I spent about 2k getting myself in the bloody thing...Money schmoney, the whole experience was epic, I did love it, and I hopefully will be going back on wednesday to see one of the boys finish the job!

Mitch and Thigh still in from team eureka. Thigh needs a result to get him to Vegas. Mitch needs a result to pay for thestag do weeding. Both have ran like dogshit in tournaments since I've known them. Really really want them to do well.

Linton got chunks, him and Trickett HU would be pretty awesome...

Nick Hicks falls into the same bracket as Mitch and Thigh - great player, great bloke, ran so bad deep in comps in the few years I've known him - so deserving of a score.

GET IT DONE BOYS!

WEMBERLEEEYYYY

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:22 AM »

So many things I love in this photo

Click to see full-size image.

My Dad's lovely house.
My Car
My Cat
My Croquet
Myself Cheesy

Standard evening with Father Goulder tonight, Croquet, Steak, Piano, Worms2. Lovely Stuff.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to rail the ISPT final. So sick that Linton and Nick are there! Could be a messy night...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15529 on: June 05, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »

My Dad's lovely house.
My Car
My Cat
My Croquet
Myself Cheesy

Standard evening with Father Goulder tonight, Croquet, Steak, Piano, Worms2. Lovely Stuff.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to rail the ISPT final. So sick that Linton and Nick are there! Could be a messy night...

Is that A Henry Moore stage left?

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: June 05, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »

No it was designed by my Dad I think and he commissioned someone to do it. You don't want to know how much it cost...

He's a nutter. Loves that sort of weird stuff...

What do you think of it? It's pretty ghastly if you ask me. It's three women intertwined and in love with one another...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35:26 AM »

No it was designed by my Dad I think and he commissioned someone to do it. You don't want to know how much it cost...

What do you think of it? It's pretty ghastly if you ask me. It's three women intertwined and in love with one another...

i didnt care about it before. Now i just wanna know how much it cost

Sad

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15532 on: June 05, 2013, 12:37:10 AM »

No, not my bag either tbh Alex.

Just had a quick google. This is the Henry Moore I though it was.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: June 05, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »

i didnt care about it before. Now i just wanna know how much it cost

Sad

Cheesy

Deffo agree that it's pretty horrible though Alex.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: June 05, 2013, 12:39:41 AM »

It's three women intertwined and in love with one another...

I know places you can get that shit for free, they ask for credit card details but you can usually get round it.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: June 05, 2013, 08:36:37 AM »

Every one loves a rags to riches story.................

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: June 05, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »

No, not my bag either tbh Alex.

Just had a quick google. This is the Henry Moore I though it was.

I once worked on land owned by the Henry Moore trust in the middle of nowhere outside bishops stortford , massive great sculpture pieces like this randomly placed in fields full of grazing sheep , very surreal
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: June 05, 2013, 09:03:16 AM »

My Dad's lovely house.
My Car
My Cat
My Croquet
Myself Cheesy

That ivy is going to be a pain to get rid of, that stuff can survive a nuclear war.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: June 05, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »

the ivy looks well maintained though.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #15539 on: June 05, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »

Michalak!
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: