blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2560284 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15855 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »

You're sposed to be mates. Angle shooting birthdays sounds like it shouldn't happen plus encourages everyone to sort a birthday night out!

What's up with you these days George? You're like an emotional little girl.

Like I said I was always for it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »

You're sposed to be mates. Angle shooting birthdays sounds like it shouldn't happen plus encourages everyone to sort a birthday night out!

What's up with you these days George? You're like an emotional little girl.

Like I said I was always for it.

Miss u guys <3

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »

best diary on blonde written with honesty and your emotions shine through keep it up and wp on your bink

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »

best diary on blonde written with honesty and your emotions shine through keep it up and wp on your bink
Thanks very much stumpythefish!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: June 28, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »

Thanks to you all for a fun night. Pretty standard for me to lose the big flip. In for any future nights out etc.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: June 28, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »

DAY FIVE

It couldn't stay sweet forever...

Decided to take a miny shot and play WSOP 1500 without selling any action. Had an amazing start, up to 4x starting stack by level 4 or 5. Lost some then went card dead for about 4/5 hours. Played so solid and patient. Went down to 10bbs and doubled, rinse and repeat. Finally found Aces, someone else had em too though!

Then after almost 14 hours of play, with 270 of the 2200 runners left, paying 243 and with 15 minutes of the day to go....

I open A3 from MP from 18bbs, table was mostly pretty tight and felt like a good steal spot. I hadn't expected the big blind to peel 63o.

A disaster 542 flop and I get stacked.

I'm not saying I'm running bad or anything like that, just the combination of

-bowl sleep last night
-14 hours grinding (actually 16 including cash beforehand!)
- basically bubbling a huge event that I'm taking a shot in by not selling
- the hand itself

makes for a pretty nasty feeling.

I don't know how Mitch and Keith got on today - they were playing cash at the Bellagio all day. I know Stato geeged the 1500 and then played $10/point OFC at the Rio for about 10 hours and won like $2.5k. Deadman made day two of the 1500 with 31k going back to 600/1200.

Gonna sleep now, 2am, hopefully will sleep through till at least 8/9 hopefully longer.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: June 28, 2013, 03:30:32 PM »

I open A3 from MP from 18bbs, table was mostly pretty tight and felt like a good steal spot. I hadn't expected the big blind to peel 63o.

A disaster 542 flop and I get stacked.

Yikes! Ungetoffable, that one.

Loving the Vegas stuff in the Diary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: June 28, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

Congrats on the score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: June 29, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

DAY SIX

Grinding 14 hours of a tournament and failing to make day two usually results in the following day being a day of CASH (or a day off...) and that was the plan yesterday. Stato and I got a taxi (actually it was a limo because there was no taxi's about, and is only $25 compared to $10 or $15 and feels way more boss ldo) to the Venetian, he was to play the 1100 deepstack, I was going to go on to the Wynn to play cash.

Poor Stato was gonna be lonely and wanted some company during the breaks / a sweat so just as we were about to split up he said "I'll buy 10% at 2.0 and buy you breakfast if you play the tournament". I was like rofl go on then. Then busted in half an hour and went to the Wynn to play cash anyway Cheesy

Obviously I didn't bust on purpose and still lost $900 of my own money, but it was pretty funny how it worked out.

Lost two big hands, neither particularly interesting, got bluffed off on two spades , I bet flop he called, I bet turn, he raised big, I called and check/folded the river. He showed QJ as well sigh.

So it was going to be a cash day after all! Am playing 5/10 now, dabbled with 5/10 in the past, but definitely consider it a step-up from my usual stakes, and it's probably the first time I've moved up stakes since the MC bink in 2011!

The Wynn session went really well, I won $1700, did one really sexy bluff which I would have written about, but I did a really unsexy bluff in a later session which I don't want to write about so seems fair to just spare the details Wink Was pretty fkn excited doing both to be honest, both were $1k ish, and ironically I thought the first one was less likely to work than the second one and was way more nervous during the first one.

During the second one I wasn't nervous at all, really thought it would work, but the longer villain took the more worried I got (especailly since I thought he had Qhigh and would fold instantly Cheesy). The moment he grabbed his wad of hundred dollar bills (which was about $6k) and realised it was only a few hundred more to call, that's when I knew I was doomed!

Anyway, so I won at the Wynn, then decided to walk to the Bellagio to see Mitch and Keith, get some dinner then play a session there. This was at 7pm so I thought walking would be fine, it's only 15 minutes away. The heat was unbearable. It was 45 degrees yesterday, and is getting hotter over the next few days. Really quite staggering heat. Even at 4am it was unpleasant to be outside. It made me so tired and my lack of sleep generally this trip is catching up on me - I had to go home and have a sleep.

Slept till 1130pm then went back and grinded the night shift until 430.

Went very badly, 3bet KK to $100 and got peeled by 76o, we got in $1600 on the flop of 865r and ran it twice and he made a straight on the first one, and a third six on the second one. Ouch.

Then got in QQ vs AK for $1k and wasn't going to run it twice and the dealer was just about to deal the flop, then the guy asked me if I would and he was english and I was just like yeh ok, reduce variance etc, obv I win the first and lose the second, bit tilted.

Got in $500 with JJ vs KK vs a short stacker, which was annoying, and then bluffed off a grand as mentioned earlier.

Lost 2.7k - pretty disappointed. Probs back down to 2/5 today or maybe play a comp. There's a $125 OFC comp at 5pm today! Quite fancy that or the Rio deepstack again. Would play the $1500 WS again as I love them, but feels a bit too gambley to punt it again, could sell but also don't feel my best, and again have had only 3/4 hours sleep grrrr.

Sorry the blog is slightly boring at the moment. It's grind grind grind here though. Quick update on the others: Min-cash Mitch is playing his first tournament of the trip today - he's been grinding cash everyday and won every session, is definitely catching me up profit wise for the trip. Keith is the opposite, lost every session, and will not be playing a tournament for the foreseeable future it seems. Was playing 10/20/40 yesterday like a boss. Stato is still crushing the OFC, might go 50/50 with him on some higher stakes $25/point stuff as he's vgood and the regs are all worse apparently...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:42:14 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: June 29, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »

Loving the chart.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Fish

View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: June 29, 2013, 10:18:09 PM »

Can't post in the staking thread you have put up, but I think you should not be telling potential stakers that you have had "a good 4 hours' sleep since saying you were "feeling to tired" when 4 hours had not even passed since you posted that til u opened the new staking thread especially as you have made multiple posts on here in between that time
Transparency is a key ingredient when playing on others coin imo
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: June 29, 2013, 10:34:35 PM »

hmm, not sure I agree with you Fish, especially as you're not staking him! I'm sure those involved would pipe up if they felt it was necessary. It's fairly standard to play high volume/minimal sleep in Vegas. You also refer to transparency?? The fact he's giving this information adds to his transparency!
Fish

View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:12 PM »

Dwayne why is it relevant that i'm not staking him??

think you have misunderstood what i posted ,Alex stated he had had 4 hours sleep since saying he was not playing as he would not be value as he had had too little sleep, when he clearly had not, for whatever reason he said it , it is not 'transparent' is it?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »

Look at all his posts, troll defined.

In this case he happens to be correct that 4 hours was overstating things (though totally unintentionally). I thought I slept 730 till 1130 but I clearly got confused and got it wrong and was more like 2.5 hours. I didn't knowingly do this - would be pretty stupid to lie about how much sleep I had when posts prove me wrong!

Either way I woke up feeling 100% and couldn't sleep another wink if I tried.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Fish

View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: June 29, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »

It was pretty stupid yes

no need to call me a troll for pointing out your 'mistake' ?
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: